Page 172 of 176 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176 LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2633

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    i think it's solaris, the tyrant sun
    Shouldn't the beams be reversed then? I'd imagine that Solaris would be high in the sky and not that close to the buildings.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think that's some sorta giant ship..maybe from brainiac
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

The live action Superman suits.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    It’s funny though, there was that rumor that it was going to look like the Fortnite suit, new 52 with trunks. Gunn did an eye roll emoji at it and we took it as him debunking it. But yeah I guess it actually is a lot like that
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCU_/s/z0OvbKu8QD
    Despite being based on the crappy New 52 design, that Fortnite suit looks a lot better than Gunn's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Yeah Tyler Hoechlin's suits are the reigning champs, especially the Fleischer studios inspired one.
    Yeah, everything about that show's great, but that suit is def a standout.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

friend of the helpless Deacon Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'd imagine that Solaris would be high in the sky and not that close to the buildings.
    the sun doesn't hang very high in the sky at night, so solaris is stuck terrorizing the earth from the horizon!

lame jokes aside, superman defeated solaris on the streets of metropolis in all-star, i'm sure solaris could get close to the buildings if he wanted. i'm not super confident about my guess, it was mostly vibes-based from how gunn was posting about all-star superman a while back
    Shookum Hip RALLO Dine!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
    the sun doesn't hang very high in the sky at night, so solaris is stuck terrorizing the earth from the horizon!

lame jokes aside, superman defeated solaris on the streets of metropolis in all-star, i'm sure solaris could get close to the buildings if he wanted. i'm not super confident about my guess, it was mostly vibes-based from how gunn was posting about all-star superman a while back
    He apparently got someone to play a “goth/skater” character which does make me think we are definitely getting a scene inspired by the famous All-Star page. I also expect to see Pa Kent die in a similar manner as he did in All-Star.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

friend of the helpless Deacon Blues's Avatar

i do hope he dies-- not something i ever thought i'd say-- and all-star superman's death of pa kent is especially impactful. i think i prefer that version to their pre-crisis death-by-tropical-fever
    Shookum Hip RALLO Dine!

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He apparently got someone to play a “goth/skater” character which does make me think we are definitely getting a scene inspired by the famous All-Star page. I also expect to see Pa Kent die in a similar manner as he did in All-Star.
    Cross-posting my reply from a different post, as it's relevant to the All-Star idea:

I think there's a lot to like here.

The whole vibe of the shot - he's Superman but he puts his boots on one at a time like everyone else - is great. He's just a guy with a job to do, and he's suiting up. I saw someone comment that he's almost like a blue collar worker, space janitor off to take out the trash. And he has a literal blue collar. This isn't doomsday, it's Tuesday.

The suit itself, it looks dirty and damaged - again, he's a guy doing a job, sometimes a dirty job. But when you see the legs especially in the light, you can see that it's a vibrant blue under the dirt and soot. And it has trunks, which makes a traditionalist like me happy.

Speculation - if that's Solaris in the background, and the casting call rumour for an emo looking kid is correct, Gunn could be incorporating a lot of All Star Superman into this. If so, the former title of Legacy has more weight - if Superman thinks he's dying (they wont kill him in this, even in the not-really-dead All Star way), he could be contemplating the legacy he leaves.

But yeah, I'm here for this. I think it'll be a much more approachable Superman, not an angel from heaven but a guy with a job to do and the strength to do it. Maybe the only person with the strength to do it.

Eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up.

EDIT: Just poking fun at Hollywood trainers for their general lack of transparency, not Corenswet himself. But, going from 200 to 240 sounds kinda sus.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 05-08-2024 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up.

EDIT: Just poking fun at Hollywood trainers for their general lack of transparency, not Corenswet himself. But, going from 200 to 240 sounds kinda sus.
    We all saw how gigantic Affleck got before Batman v. Superman and I recall an interview where he got into a debate with Sam Harris and was unusually aggressive.

The open secret to looking like a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    We all saw how gigantic Affleck got before Batman v. Superman and I recall an interview where he got into a debate with Sam Harris and was unusually aggressive.

The open secret to looking like a superhero
    Plus everyone was accusing Affleck of having gynecomastia.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Batfleck taught us that doing cross fit is ample training to defeat Superman.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Stuff like this always amuses me, apparently One Million is now selling like hotcakes, courtesy of the possible Solaris reference. Glad I got my Omni a while ago.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/now-...to-james-gunn/
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog