Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
I guess it's Sheridan.
And I guess I'm out. I've read the first collection of this new series and I can't say I've been much impressed with the latest outing of the Justice Society. Johns has always had a penchant for excessive violence and gore, however, IMHO, he always managed to keep around enough positivity in his books so that they occasionally even seemed hopeful. He used to juggle quite well a lot of different characters, managing characterization quite well, in general. I don't see this here. The series is dour and even depressive (and I think Janin's art, as pretty as it may be, hugely collaborated with this impression), it features characters I really don't have that much intrest in reading about (Huntress, Khalid 'Fate', Yolanda in Ted's place, Beth in Piotor's place, etc...), and I was seriously in doubt if I'd continue with it. That said, the choice of Sheridan, if confirmed, might actually make this decision for me. I have not read anything of his that I have truely enjoyed. If Sheridan is in, I'm definitely out.

Peace