Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Here’s hoping we get the final three issues in 2024 at least. and then a new series in 2025.
    Well according to Johns we're not getting a new series just a new direction and new writer after he leaves with #12. I'm at the point of saying lets just have that writer start with #11 if the writing is the hold up. I'm not convinced that the delays have anything to do with anybody on the creative team(s).

Bleeding Cool said that johns already wrote all 12 numbers

The writing isn't the reason for the delay - it must be either art or shipping.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The writing isn't the reason for the delay - it must be either art or shipping.
    Janin is working on other comics so I doubt it is him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I guess it's Sheridan.
    And I guess I'm out. I've read the first collection of this new series and I can't say I've been much impressed with the latest outing of the Justice Society. Johns has always had a penchant for excessive violence and gore, however, IMHO, he always managed to keep around enough positivity in his books so that they occasionally even seemed hopeful. He used to juggle quite well a lot of different characters, managing characterization quite well, in general. I don't see this here. The series is dour and even depressive (and I think Janin's art, as pretty as it may be, hugely collaborated with this impression), it features characters I really don't have that much intrest in reading about (Huntress, Khalid 'Fate', Yolanda in Ted's place, Beth in Piotor's place, etc...), and I was seriously in doubt if I'd continue with it. That said, the choice of Sheridan, if confirmed, might actually make this decision for me. I have not read anything of his that I have truely enjoyed. If Sheridan is in, I'm definitely out.

Peace

Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    And I guess I'm out. I've read the first collection of this new series and I can't say I've been much impressed with the latest outing of the Justice Society. Johns has always had a penchant for excessive violence and gore, however, IMHO, he always managed to keep around enough positivity in his books so that they occasionally even seemed hopeful. He used to juggle quite well a lot of different characters, managing characterization quite well, in general. I don't see this here. The series is dour and even depressive (and I think Janin's art, as pretty as it may be, hugely collaborated with this impression), it features characters I really don't have that much intrest in reading about (Huntress, Khalid 'Fate', Yolanda in Ted's place, Beth in Piotor's place, etc...), and I was seriously in doubt if I'd continue with it. That said, the choice of Sheridan, if confirmed, might actually make this decision for me. I have not read anything of his that I have truely enjoyed. If Sheridan is in, I'm definitely out.

Peace
    Tim Sheridan quit DC according to one of his friends on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/croc_block/statu...238335712?s=46

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It’s beyond sad at this point.

And no, I don’t think it’s some grand conspiracy by DC to discredit older heroes.

Everyone of Johns’ books for the past 5-10 years have had significant delays.

It’s an Occam's razor situation. The simplest explanation is probably the most accurate. Johns was producing tv and films in the past decade and now he’s starting his own comic line. He’s had too much on his plate to get his books out on time.

With Doomsday Clock the delays were so bad that DC started to go in a different direction mid story because too many heroes (including the JSA) were being held up by his lateness.

So apparently, according to Mr. Johns, the Justice Society will become a global institution. That was his plan anyway. I wonder if they’ll just scrap all of his ideas and start fresh or use his notes for a continuation of this grand storyline.
    I wonder how this will play out too. Outside of Huntress and the core JSA, I don’t really care about much else from this run. Especially the villains seeking redemptions and lost sidekicks. My guess is that if the JSA goes global, then that would mean multiple different teams in different places? The JSA feels too scattered and there’s way too many spin-off teams at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    Tim Sheridan quit DC according to one of his friends on Twitter.
    https://twitter.com/croc_block/statu...238335712?s=46
    "Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else."
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wonder how this will play out too. Outside of Huntress and the core JSA, I don’t really care about much else from this run. Especially the villains seeking redemptions and lost sidekicks. My guess is that if the JSA goes global, then that would mean multiple different teams in different places? The JSA feels too scattered and there’s way too many spin-off teams at this point.
    Yeah and I really don't see any other writer having much interest in most of these new characters that Geoff has dumped into this book. Quite frankly I hope most of them get lost and forgotten for real. They hogged too much panel time as is and just aren't that interesting. I mean anyone here really like Salem the Witch Girl or whatever she's called? And if you do, do you like her enough that you want to see her in JSA instead of dozens of members we still haven't seen in decades? I was so excited for this run when the New Golden Age was first solicited. Now I just want issue 13 to get here so I can see if there's any hope for a modern JSA. And I still like Geoff and most of his work including Ghost Machine but not enough to sacrifice the JSA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yeah and I really don't see any other writer having much interest in most of these new characters that Geoff has dumped into this book. Quite frankly I hope most of them get lost and forgotten for real. They hogged too much panel time as is and just aren't that interesting. I mean anyone here really like Salem the Witch Girl or whatever she's called? And if you do, do you like her enough that you want to see her in JSA instead of dozens of members we still haven't seen in decades? I was so excited for this run when the New Golden Age was first solicited. Now I just want issue 13 to get here so I can see if there's any hope for a modern JSA. And I still like Geoff and most of his work including Ghost Machine but not enough to sacrifice the JSA.
    I like her as the closes thing Kent Nelson had to a child,

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    "Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else."
    IMG_2792.jpg
    Here’s the tweet.

Ultimate Member

IMG_2792.jpg
    Here’s the tweet.
    I hadn't heard anything about this, yet I'm not the least bit surprised.

We comic fans can be the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I can't stand her. She is the worst of the Lost Children and she had proved to be a sociopath with no care of her lack of control or if he hurts or kill people by accident. Only paths for her are turning into a villain or death.

Robert Venditti or Jeremy Adams would be the obvious best choices for the new JSA writer. But I wouldn't be surprised if DC editorial gives the job to someone like Tini Howard, Leah Williams or Meghan Fitzmartin.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Robert Venditti or Jeremy Adams would be the obvious best choices for the new JSA writer. But I wouldn't be surprised if DC editorial gives the job to someone like Tini Howard, Leah Williams or Meghan Fitzmartin.
    Why would you put something like that out into the universe?

Go outside, spin around three times, and spit.