Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I like her as the closes thing Kent Nelson had to a child,
    She doesn't even connect to Kent Nelson to me. I understand what you're saying but it doesn't work for me. Instead my mind goes to Klarion.

The Lost Children thing was a bust. Initially I thought it was a cool idea because it seemed like Johns was going to bring back Wing. I thought it would be cool to celebrate comic’s first Asian superhero and maybe have him take over the role of the Crimson Avenger. But Johns killed him and we got stuck with the rest.

Does Jay really need a sidekick/daughter and does DC need yet another speedster?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I hadn't heard anything about this, yet I'm not the least bit surprised.

We comic fans can be the worst...
    What we???

Certain comic book fans who have been pandered to in some form by companies like DC and Marvel are the worst.

No excuse for a company to allow employees to be attacked for doing a job.

Then we WONDER why they can't attract talent or certain folks can't get certain shots.

Tom King please and thank you.

Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The Lost Children thing was a bust. Initially I thought it was a cool idea because it seemed like Johns was going to bring back Wing. I thought it would be cool to celebrate comic’s first Asian superhero and maybe have him take over the role of the Crimson Avenger. But Johns killed him and we got stuck with the rest.

Does Jay really need a sidekick/daughter and does DC need yet another speedster?
    I feel like the only one of the sidekicks with any staying power was Judy and Salem. Judy was in the Jay Garrick mini, but I don’t think she was developed much there besides the recontextulization of Jay’s origin which fit her and Joan in it. Salem is just insufferable, she’s like Damian Wayne when he was first introduced.

The villains joining the team is an another thing that I thought was cool, but the few issues we had exploring it have been mediocre, besides the Ruby issue. I don’t see the point in Ruby when there’s Jade though. Harlequin’s Son and Solomon Grundy are interesting additions, but that’s really it to me.

The next run needs to go back to exploring the core JSA instead of bloating the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Yes and yes

All the retcons and new heroes/villains probably have to do with the rights issues, since most core JSA characters will enter public domain in slightly over a decade.

Astonishing Member

Thing is, since it’s been well over a decade since there was a regular JSA monthly series and it enters public domain in less than a decade, would DC bother to revive it once Johns is done?

The only positive to the delays is that it’s killed off any revisiting of Watchmen/Doomsday Clock stuff. For which we are all richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I like her as the closes thing Kent Nelson had to a child,
    I agree and I don't mind her attitude! Of course, it's probably Wotan's daughter or something... and will never get addressed now that Johns is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    All the retcons and new heroes/villains probably have to do with the rights issues, since most core JSA characters will enter public domain in slightly over a decade.
    Is anyone really rushing to do a movie, or something else, with them?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Is anyone really rushing to do a movie, or something else, with them?
    Why not? I'm sure Disney would love to do a Marvel/DC crossover without having to pay DC.

It really is Johns' fault!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/just...at-comes-next/
    This comment was left on that article:

"I was shopping at the soon to be closed Earth 2 Comics in Sherman Oaks the day before Easter. Johns was in the store to pick up his holds and look through some back issues. One fanboy came up to him to chat about the JSA and Johns mentioned he was working away on writing issue 10. This was a week or two after issue 9 was released."
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member PrydefulHunts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It really is Johns' fault!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/just...at-comes-next/
    This comment was left on that article:

"I was shopping at the soon to be closed Earth 2 Comics in Sherman Oaks the day before Easter. Johns was in the store to pick up his holds and look through some back issues. One fanboy came up to him to chat about the JSA and Johns mentioned he was working away on writing issue 10. This was a week or two after issue 9 was released."
    I do think the delays are on Johns, but this statement doesn’t sound reliable.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Tom King please and thank you.
    Sweet God no

Extraordinary Member

Well Leah Williams is writing a new Gotham City Sirens, so no JSA comic for her.