Page 211 of 211 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211
Results 3,151 to 3,162 of 3162

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I hate to say it but the Wonder Woman fandom is too small to make any difference in the big scheme of things. So the only way her series becomes best selling and talked about is if it caters to people who are not Wonder Woman fans. This is why the Azarello run became so famous despite being disliked by Wonder Woman fans.

For the casual fans, a Wonder Woman book which defines her in terms of Superman and Batman is the best way to write her. There is a reason that for a vast number of people, DCAU version of Wonder Woman is the definitive adaptation, even though it changes almost everything about her from the comics.

If some writer comes along and make a Wonder Woman book which is about her being Batman's girlfriend, it will sell like hot cakes but I doubt Wonder Woman fans will be thrilled.
    And so DC continues to cultivate a single fandom, Batman. It doesn't seem very smart to me when comic books are supposed to be farms of ideas and IPs.

Shouldn't we just wait to see what Tom King does during the tie-in before we make final judgement?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shouldn't we just wait to see what Tom King does during the tie-in before we make final judgement?
    ....that could be said about everything that happens in WW publication lol. We always freak out and judge beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....that could be said about everything that happens in WW publication lol. We always freak out and judge beforehand
    And I'm not saying people don't have legitimate issues to complain about, just that King has had a decent track record so far.

Though honestly I feel more confident with him writing Diana teaming-up with Batman or Superman characters than I do him writing Amazons.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

And I'm not saying people don't have legitimate issues to complain about, just that King has had a decent track record so far.

Though honestly I feel more confident with him writing Diana teaming-up with Batman or Superman characters than I do him writing Amazons.
    If he's going to be here for the next 5 years potentially....might as well let him loose in the world of WW. I want to explore and expand her world. Esp when she's at the top and its more exposure for her characters

Where's the fun in that? I want to see King's take on actual Wonder Woman lore.

I'm waiting on my dose of fan service like I got from Cloonrad's Tiar-Mory.

Last edited by Koriand'r; Yesterday at 08:35 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Something seriously ironic that the best selling and most talked about run for Wonder Woman in years being the one that has Super and batman Characters and written by a writer reviled by the Wonder Woman fanbase [the CBR Ww fans at least]
    Why are you lying, Tom King is far more reviled by the comic gate dudes on youtube for example than he ever was in the CBR Wonder Woman or basically any other part of the Wonder Woman fandom, people didn't like that 1 team-up with Batman years ago for obvious reasons and that's it any other animosity towards Tom King was most certainly not related to Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's become more and more evident that this forum isn't remotely reflective of the wider WW fandom.
    Where can i find the parts of the wider Wonder Woman fandom who asked for more appearances of Superman and Batman in her books, let alone for multiple months long event-interruptions of the main book and Mark Waid?
    Last edited by Rightoya; Today at 05:42 AM.

Mighty Member

Given DC's track record, they themselves cultivated all these fears for literal decades to be honest.

When was the last time a WW book was even catered to WW fans? Beginning of Rebirth?
    Everything Steve Orlando wrote. Everything in the Infinite Frontier era.

(Which doesn’t mean everything was good, and I'm not arguing with you, just answering that specific claim)

I didn't like how Steve Orlando wrote Phantom Stranger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Where's the fun in that? I want to see King's take on actual Wonder Woman lore.

I'm waiting on my dose of fan service like I got from Cloonrad's Tiar-Mory.

I just don't want him writing more of stuff like Diana punching her mom or Amazons refusing to let a dying boy onto their island.