Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    He wrote some Batman comics that I guess didn't portray him as the most alpha level top unbeatable supergod (whose still totally relatable). Which earned him the ire of Batman fans for eternity.

And Heroes in Crisis which from what I gather was pretty terrible hit job on Wally West.
    Well its more that Batman was extremally depressed and borderline obsessed with Catwoman after she dumped him at the altar. So Batman went into an extended-ass slump that had him treating his family badly and at one point hitting Tim (which was later retconned a secret communication but still)

So the issue there is he made Batman way too dysfunctional. Plus too much of an obsession with Catwoman.

Like King is generally a good writer, but he's also one of those writers where they have blindspots around certain characters, in that case Catwoman.

Extraordinary Member

He wrote some Batman comics that I guess didn't portray him as the most alpha level top unbeatable supergod (whose still totally relatable). Which earned him the ire of Batman fans for eternity.
    There was also a lot of decompression, filler and decompressed filler. Since King for some reason wanted to get to 100 issue run but had only plot for maybe 30 issues or so.

Actually seems interesting. I'll give some begruding credit to DC for actually putting a big name on a WW book.

I look forward to the folks who didn't care about WW before suddenly caring about WW so it means they can keep up their Tom King hate fetish.
    Lol. No truer words have been spoken.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yay for an A-list team....

Interested to see how King handles Dianas mythos. Starting off with Amazons being banned from America seems like an event story with this being the aftermath so...yeah.

Ill wait to read it before passing full judgment but big status wuo change that would hopefully not be wiped out within 2 issues

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Also i wish we could be done with the white outline on the skirt. It's throws the entire look off.

Fantastic Member

Is this by Travis Moore? Or maybe Clay Mann?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It sounds like some good things are in store for Diana with this top-tier creative team. Hopefully they stay on the book for more than an arc.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.