Page 205 of 212 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3167
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

What kills me is that they just did this. Momentum from Dawn was going strong on several books then they put out an event that sapped it. And this was only a few months ago. Sheesh!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    3 months of tie ins?

DC really couldn't stand WW comics getting momentum. I don't see the readers bothering to come back after such a long time.
    Seriously, 3 months of tie-ins is Absolute Nonsense (taht wasn't a pun, it's just what it is - ok, maybe it was a bit of a pun) even when your book isn't doing so hot. Why do it here?

This is alredy doing well, you're going to cut its momentum in the ebst case scenario (and it's not like Absolute Power's plot has been universally embraced either).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donpayne View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/05/09/to...nder-woman-qa/

New Interview

Interview
    - Included Wonder Girls driven by fan demand
    - 3 Absolute issues post #10
    - Imaginary Steve as isolation comfort

Longer interview on Sunday in audio
    AIPT: You’ve got nine issues under your belt as of May 21. Has your run stayed the course from your original pitch? Or have you taken any surprising turns or tweaks?

TK: It stayed the course in some ways. I had a document where it was like, the rules, like the things we’re just gonna do and we’re not gonna do. No sword. I want this to be a lasso/tiara book. Like I want this to be the traditional weapons that have always sort of been associated with Wonder Woman. No gods. I was tired of Wonder Woman living in the clouds and being sort of ethereal, I wanted her to be on the ground. One of them was no Wonder Girls. I want this to be the Diana book. There are so many great characters in the Wonder Woman universe that I think she stops giving the protagonists of her own book very quickly.

I want this to be focused on, again, as I said in the beginning, why Wonder Woman is awesome.

Then the fans were like, let’s get some Wonder Girls out there. Let’s get some Wonder Girls. And they were making arguments to me at conventions, online, anywhere they could being like, “They’re important to this book.” And to be frank, I was convinced I was wrong and I was convinced that I had made a mistake. I like making strong arguments. I like being an arrogant writer, but I also like the fact that people can change my mind. And they changed my mind. And so I was like, okay, we’re gonna add Wonder Girls content to this. So bringing in those three and having them be a big part of the plot going forward. That was more fan-driven than me-driven.
    Nice to hear him say he was wrong. Thinking that Wonder Woman is JUST Wonder Woman and no supporting characters is very interesting since so many writers tend to think like that. Yet Batman and Superman, they are FAMILY MEN.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Nice to hear him say he was wrong. Thinking that Wonder Woman is JUST Wonder Woman and no supporting characters is very interesting since so many writers tend to think like that. Yet Batman and Superman, they are FAMILY MEN.

I'm with you on this. A good creator listens to fans and weighs what they have to say. I'm not saying a creator should honor every fan request but when fans point out things that are important, they should be given consideration. I love that King doesn't want to use the Gods. They really do detract from Wonder Woman and water her down at the same time.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm with you on this. A good creator listens to fans and weighs what they have to say. I'm not saying a creator should honor every fan request but when fans point out things that are important, they should be given consideration. I love that King doesn't want to use the Gods. They really do detract from Wonder Woman and water her down at the same time.
    I love the Gods but when they show up it should feel important. Unless it's Ares in a suit trying to stir up trouble because he's bored and he's playing a Spike/Angelus type character.

WW shouldn't be more grounded than Superman or Batman

Nice to know he'll be jumping into Diana presumably actually dealing with Trinity after AP.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Sounds like King was being diplomatic as possible in saying "yes Absolute Power totally interrupts the main storyline".

Yum, another delicious mound of lettuce + 2 tomato slices for Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love the Gods but when they show up it should feel important. Unless it's Ares in a suit trying to stir up trouble because he's bored and he's playing a Spike/Angelus type character.

WW shouldn't be more grounded than Superman or Batman
    I just wish the stories in which she wasn't grounded weren't all about the gods. But Tom did frame the question that way, so I'm not really arguing with you

Spectacular Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/comics/dc...n-9-interview/

Key points
    1) Sovereign run will end around ~20th issue, effectively
    2) He has mapped out things in his mind till #25 with something else following Sovereign
    3) #9 location will include one location set during 70s where she is doing her kung fu thing

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Key points
    2) He has mapped out things in his mind till #25 with something else following Sovereign
    3) #9 location will include one location set during 70s where she is doing her kung fu thing

Wow...I didn't expect the Sovereign story to last that long but I guess Absolute Power threw a wrench in things for King & Co. I'm glad that he wants to stay on the book past his Sovereign story as that says that he cares more than just about his pet character.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

To be perfectly honest thats ending MUCH sooner than I expected for King. The way he was hyping this villain up, I feared he was going to be the primary baddy for Kings full tenure on the character.

Gonna assume Emelie will probably take over from the Sovereign after his arc is over.

Spectacular Member

Key points
    Another interview..
    https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...ew-status-quo/
    Favourite Wonder Girl
    Why Trinity is not taking anyone's crown.

Another interview..
    https://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-...ew-status-quo/
    Favourite Wonder Girl
    Why Trinity is not taking anyone's crown.
    spoilers:
    Cassie
    end of spoilers for those who want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    spoilers:
    Cassie
    end of spoilers for those who want to know.
    Honestly I can kind of see it.