View Poll Results: Is Comic Book Movie Fatigue Happening?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - I think Audiences Are Finally Getting Tired Of These Movies

57 45.24%
  • No - This has been wildly exaggerated

47 37.30%
  • Too Early To Say Either Way

22 17.46%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It's a bias when it's based on nothing even approaching a fact.

There's no offense of upset here, I'm just suggesting trying to be a tiny bit objective: which means when you know nothing about what is actually going on or why it's happening and haven't even seen a traile, how can you actually have an opinion on quality? It just doesn't logically make any kind of sense.
    Wait, is that the definition of an opinion? It has to be based on something approaching a fact?

I think that's a scary way of thinking. Opinions should be based on feelings and beliefs as well as facts. That's what makes being human so wonderful. If I'm at the store and see a bag of chips with a tiny tear on it, and decide not to buy it because it's shady to me, is that biased? I have no factual evidence that the chips are contaminated. It's a gut feeling.

I've seen enough MCU films and recent blockbusters in general that have gone through reshoots and the movie is usually middling quality at best. So when I hear that this movie is going through extensive reshoots long after the initial shoot, I say that sounds like a mess. It's my opinion based on my opinion of past MCU flicks and the current climate.

Guardian. I'm not always going to have opinions people agree with. And I actually welcome debate. But don't fly in my face telling me "it's fine, it's totally cool you feel that way" when clearly it is not fine with you. You don't need to say I'm upset or that my opinion is falling apart when you just disagree. I'm happy you're excited for the film or at the very least waiting for more stuff from it to come out before making any judgments. But not everyone is like you. And that's ok!!
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Extraordinary Member

Disney’s streaming business turns a profit in first financial report since challenge to Iger
    https://apnews.com/article/disney-ig...91dd1315b6c9aa

Disney’s Entertainment Streaming Business Ekes Out Surprise Profit as Disney+ Core Subscribers Top 117 Million
    https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dis...it-1235993204/

A Video talking about it is posted here as well.
    Disney+ Becomes Profitable For The First Time
    THREAD: MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE PART II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...05#post6808605
    Last edited by mace11; 05-07-2024 at 08:02 PM.

Well ... Somebody at Disney agrees the MCU needs to be seen as an event again.

Louis D’Esposito said they're dialing back and alluded to announced projects being combined/moved.

Iger then said they're cutting back to 2-3 movies a year, and 2 D+ shows.

I think that's good.

Guess that means Blade is getting bumped?
    "When you've got so much to say, it's called gratitude /
    And that's right."
    -- Beastie Boys

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well ... Somebody at Disney agrees the MCU needs to be seen as an event again.

Louis D’Esposito said they're dialing back and alluded to announced projects being combined/moved.

Iger then said they're cutting back to 2-3 movies a year, and 2 D+ shows.

I think that's good.

Guess that means Blade is getting bumped?
    Yeah, IMO, less is more.

These movies need to feel like events again.

Regarding Blade, I won't be surprised if that movie gets re-worked from the ground up again. Mahershala Ali is getting up there in age and I'm not sure he'll be able to wait for too long again to make this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Yeah, IMO, less is more.

These movies need to feel like events again.

Regarding Blade, I won't be surprised if that movie gets re-worked from the ground up again. Mahershala Ali is getting up there in age and I'm not sure he'll be able to wait for too long again to make this film.
    +1. Some years ago, watching an MCU movie felt like a very big deal. I haven’t had the same feeling post Endgame, even though there have been some good movies post that.

Blade is actually one of the movies that I’m excited for. I love the character and I thought two of the three original Blade movies were quite good, so I’m expecting the MCU to deliver on that front

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Disney’s streaming business turns a profit in first financial report since challenge to Iger
    https://apnews.com/article/disney-ig...91dd1315b6c9aa

Disney’s Entertainment Streaming Business Ekes Out Surprise Profit as Disney+ Core Subscribers Top 117 Million
    https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/dis...it-1235993204/

A Video talking about it is posted here as well.
    Disney+ Becomes Profitable For The First Time
    THREAD: MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE PART II
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...05#post6808605
    It's funny how they took out ESPN+ from their Streaming numbers for Hulu/Disney+...