Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    With how people nowadays literally started (I think?) court cases whether AI has managed sentience or not, you can bring Armada back to the fold fashioning himself as an "ahead of the curve guy" since his defining trait seemed to always be his relationship with his support machines.

I'm not sure if people didn't go back to him as a tip of the hat to Jurgens, same reason why Jessica Carradine was just left in the background as well.
    I'd honestly never thought of your first point. That's a really interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought the one-shots were more so they could collect all the rest of the story together to get it over and done with.

Where did Bleeding Cool imply this?

I feel like he probably knew there were issues by Last Remains where it felt like with the Kindred reveal and some of the story beats things started getting a little out of hand.
    Here was the Bleeding Cool article.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/did-...ncer-intended/

The one-shots gave Nick Spencer more room to satisfactorily tie up loose ends. It might've been about getting material out faster, but he did have plenty of time and space to provide a satisfying finale.

In my opinion, he made some bad decisions when it came to pacing.

With how people nowadays literally started (I think?) court cases whether AI has managed sentience or not, you can bring Armada back to the fold fashioning himself as an "ahead of the curve guy" since his defining trait seemed to always be his relationship with his support machines.

I'm not sure if people didn't go back to him as a tip of the hat to Jurgens, same reason why Jessica Carradine was just left in the background as well.
    Has Armada ever fought Peter Parker? It could be a fun dynamic for a Ben Reilly team-up for Ben to be the one familiar with the enemy. Kinda like when one of Ben's rogues was in Ravencroft during Power & Responsibility.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 05-03-2024 at 03:07 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Has Armada ever fought Peter Parker?
    I don't think they ever fought, but Armada's apparent last... appearance was in a Punisher issue by Fraction during Civil War where Peter literally drops by, so Ben being the only one who knows how he ticks between the two Spideys still works, since Armada would mostly just be standing around in a crowd there.

Kinda like when one of Ben's rogues was in Ravencroft during Power & Responsibility.
    I was literally thinking a couple days back how, despite dangling the huge carrot of "Ben sent this guy here before", no one ever did anything with that - or the time Ben fought Despero while on the road, and also managed to drive him back on his own.

In my opinion, he made some bad decisions when it came to pacing.
    You mean Jurgens? If so, I agree a lot - mostly to the detriment of his own stories. He knew there was a lot of trepidation at telling the particular story he wanted with Jessica Carradine, and he was already pushing for a reversal of who was going to be Spider-Man - so for him to unload his guns that early on would ensure at least that particular idea wouldn't live up to the potential he wanted to bring out. Still, even with all of his misgivings, I think it's surprising how well he got Ben and Peter's voices at the very least. I'd feel inclined to say Spider-Man as a whole, myself.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

I don't think they ever fought, but Armada's apparent last... appearance was in a Punisher issue by Fraction during Civil War where Peter literally drops by, so Ben being the only one who knows how he ticks between the two Spideys still works, since Armada would mostly just be standing around in a crowd there.

I was literally thinking a couple days back how, despite dangling the huge carrot of "Ben sent this guy here before", no one ever did anything with that - or the time Ben fought Despero while on the road, and also managed to drive him back on his own.

You mean Jurgens? If so, I agree a lot - mostly to the detriment of his own stories. He knew there was a lot of trepidation at telling the particular story he wanted with Jessica Carradine, and he was already pushing for a reversal of who was going to be Spider-Man - so for him to unload his guns that early on would ensure at least that particular idea wouldn't live up to the potential he wanted to bring out. Still, even with all of his misgivings, I think it's surprising how well he got Ben and Peter's voices at the very least. I'd feel inclined to say Spider-Man as a whole, myself.
    The pacing comment was about Spencer. I copied and pasted something in the wrong section, but that's been fixed.

I can't really blame Jurgens for decisions on pacing because most of his issues were parts of crossovers.
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 05-04-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

D'Spayre, you mean? Despero's DC, though that would be a cool crossover fight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    -Pav, who won't even mention his big twist involving a certain blonde love interest...
    At last, the shocking secret of Cissy Ironwood!

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The pacing comment was about Spencer.
    I famously made the rounds around here talking everyone's ears about Kindred when Spencer's run was winding down but still coasting on goodwill, so I guess my thoughts on his pacing need no refresher!
    I can't really blame Jurgens for decisions on pacing because most of his issues were parts of crossovers.
    I guess 'pacing' might carry some conotations unwarranted, but I think it might still fit with him riding shotgun with the Jessica plot - and then (at least by Greenberg's account) managing to overturn Budiansky's mind on the short term status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    D'Spayre, you mean? Despero's DC, though that would be a cool crossover fight.
    D'oh, yeah, you got it right. I'm not from the US, and his localized name here sounds a whole lot like "Despero".
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I famously made the rounds around here talking everyone's ears about Kindred when Spencer's run was winding down but still coasting on goodwill, so I guess my thoughts on his pacing need no refresher!
    I guess 'pacing' might carry some conotations unwarranted, but I think it might still fit with him riding shotgun with the Jessica plot - and then (at least by Greenberg's account) managing to overturn Budiansky's mind on the short term status quo.

D'oh, yeah, you got it right. I'm not from the US, and his localized name here sounds a whole lot like "Despero".
    It's cool, don't worry.
    The spider is always on the hunt.