Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    How long until she dates Damian?

Because Superman and Batman have...
    They could use that for Nightwing.... Wally has kids, Roy has a daughter, Donna has a son....

Anyway, it's Tom King, and I don't trust him with anything, so......whatever God wants.
    Won't happen unless Damien takes after his dad's penchant for dating woman too young for him.

Initially, I'm * meh* on this.

The costume is.... A lot. Like, a lot a lot. I can see some editing of details . Maybe not the tiara? She looks good with the tiara in the close up, but she also looks a lot like Gal there. And in a long shot, the tiara PLUS all the costume details is just too much.

The name?!? Trinity? Apart from it being the spiritual name of Bats, Kal and Diana, ( which is enough of a reason to not give it to her) it seems silly. ( Yeah, three lassos, whatever) Plus all I think of is the drag Queen Trinity the Tuck...lol.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I saw this on Reddit, I was very excited by the idea. Having read the thread, not so much anymore. I figured she was a brought she was created because of Jon and Damian, but wow I didn't think that was the sole reason. I really hate she has Trinity in her name. If there's been one stupid idea that has crept into comics these last few years, it's the whole Trinity BS. She's a part of that cluttered and pointless new group of legacy characters set years into the future. Oh joy.

Sooo, does he mean his story or whatever Johns is trying to do?

BANNED

I'm intrigued but not because she's Diana's daughter. I'm intrigued because she has red hair and I seriously want to know who her father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I'm intrigued but not because she's Diana's daughter. I'm intrigued because she has red hair and I seriously want to know who her father is.
    Other images show her as a brunette, actually. It seems like the lightning is off in that particular image.

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    What gets me is that everyone is acting like that's the storyline that's been written when we actually have no idea if Diana will be active/fighting while pregnant. Why do we do this? Make up a scenario and then argue DOWN against it as though it's canon?

Weird.
    Lol it's my fault. Someone said Cassie/Donna/Yara could take over if Diana's pregnant, I basically said "why would a fictional invincible woman get sidelined during pregnancy?" and said the symbolism of a pregnant Diana doing some crazy strength feat or something could be cool, people got big mad and said it'd make her a terrible mother. Either way it's really not that serious and it's unlikely that she's gonna be pregnant anyway, too many potential issues with cross-line continuity.

Funny enough, this discourse is also happening on Twitter right now over Spider-Woman fighting while pregnant in the new Across the Spiderverse trailer. Another scenario where I would say "she's a fictional superheroine and people old enough to get pregnant aren't gonna be influenced by a cartoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'm sure there are folks out there upset by this, but the argument this article makes is....kinda self-defeating. I mean, what's the point it's making here? "The new daughter is gonna take a role in Diana's book that Donna, Cassie and Yara rarely/never filled! Trinity is taking page time from characters who don't appear here anyway!"

I don't get why people blame the new character for the old characters not being used. Donna has almost never been a part of the WW book, in all her decades of existence. But somehow it's the brand new not-even-on-the-shelf-yet character that's the reason? FFS.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's criminal that Donna and the others aren't a regular part of WW. I've never understood why DC does that. But at the same time, Trinity isn't taking anything away from them, they never had it in the first place. *That* is the problem, not Trinity herself.
    Also worth noting that even if the book used Donna, Cassie, and Yara to their full potential, Trinity wouldn't be redundant. I think people are thrown off by the fact that she's being introduced in a story set in the future. The Wonder Girls are like her younger sisters/mentees and Trinity's gonna be a little kid.

The article's other argument definitely makes more sense to me - it's frustrating that Tom King created her just to play off of Jon and Damian. But hey, if the execution is good that won't matter.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Lol it's my fault. Someone said Cassie/Donna/Yara could take over if Diana's pregnant, I basically said "why would a fictional invincible woman get sidelined during pregnancy?" and said the symbolism of a pregnant Diana doing some crazy strength feat or something could be cool, people got big mad and said it'd make her a terrible mother. Either way it's really not that serious and it's unlikely that she's gonna be pregnant anyway, too many potential issues with cross-line continuity.

Funny enough, this discourse is also happening on Twitter right now over Spider-Woman fighting while pregnant in the new Across the Spiderverse trailer. Another scenario where I would say "she's a fictional superheroine and people old enough to get pregnant aren't gonna be influenced by a cartoon."

Also worth noting that even if the book used Donna, Cassie, and Yara to their full potential, Trinity wouldn't be redundant. I think people are thrown off by the fact that she's being introduced in a story set in the future. The Wonder Girls are like her younger sisters/mentees and Trinity's gonna be a little kid.

The article's other argument definitely makes more sense to me - it's frustrating that Tom King created her just to play off of Jon and Damian. But hey, if the execution is good that won't matter.
    And there was an entire arc in the comic book of Spider-Woman still still fighting crime while pregnant:

Quote Originally Posted by HotBoy View Post
    And there was an entire arc in the comic book of Spider-Woman still still fighting crime while pregnant:

I can't imagine dealing with a pregnancy and fighting crime. Even if you're a superpowered being. Like, nothing about that sounds progressive.