Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
The solution would be to make characters who *don't* have ridonkulous abilities, and both companies indeed do that. Booster Gold, Vixen, the 'back half' of the Satellite League (the Hawks, Elongated Man, Atom, Red Tornado, Green Arrow, Black Canary), most of the Teen Titans, Outsiders, Birds of Prey, Justice Society (except Specter or Dr. Fate, of course!) or Legion of Super-Heroes lineups. Marvel also has a deep roster of 'not OP' characters like Captain America or Hawkeye, Black Panther or Spider-Man.

Feel like Superman, Flash, etc. are a little hard to craft plausible challenges for, and as a result, are sometimes written like morons who leave some readers frustrated that they don't even seem to bother to use their super-powers? Read about those other characters. There are a ton of them! And not *every* character needs to be written for my personal preferences, so I'm fine with those 'OP' characters existing, to serve *their* fans, even if I'm not buying those particular books.
Imagine Batman investigating a robbery, and the trail leads to Penguin...
Then on the next page, Penguin has been caught and put in jail by Superman, who just happened to be flying over and saw him with his telescopic and x-ray vision. Case closed.