Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
I think there's a lot to like here.

The whole vibe of the shot - he's Superman but he puts his boots on one at a time like everyone else - is great. He's just a guy with a job to do, and he's suiting up. I saw someone comment that he's almost like a blue collar worker, space janitor off to take out the trash. And he has a literal blue collar. This isn't doomsday, it's Tuesday.

The suit itself, it looks dirty and damaged - again, he's a guy doing a job, sometimes a dirty job. But when you see the legs especially in the light, you can see that it's a vibrant blue under the dirt and soot. And it has trunks, which makes a traditionalist like me happy.

Speculation - if that's Solaris in the background, and the casting call rumour for an emo looking kid is correct, Gunn could be incorporating a lot of All Star Superman into this. If so, the former title of Legacy has more weight - if Superman thinks he's dying (they wont kill him in this, even in the not-really-dead All Star way), he could be contemplating the legacy he leaves.

But yeah, I'm here for this. I think it'll be a much more approachable Superman, not an angel from heaven but a guy with a job to do and the strength to do it. Maybe the only person with the strength to do it.
Wow!you put into word what i wanted to but was too lazy to word.