Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I don't know who he or Rachel Brosnahan are. What are they famous for?

It's weird being the same age as Superman .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Brosnahan is most known for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

I hope the project is good. I still want Trey Tucker though. He is big and tall and could stand in the same frame as Skarsgard and not be overshadowed

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's weird being the same age as Superman .

Brosnahan is most known for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
    Ah, never seen it but know it's popular, thanks!

Brosnahan was good in the episodes of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel I watched. I think she'll do well in the role. I know nothing of Corenswet, so just hoping they picked the right guy.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    Inevitably we'll get a fun multiverse team up with Corenswet and Cavill someday.
    Superman: No Way Home with Cage, Corenswet and Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Corenswet was recently in "Pearl", a slasher horror.

Excellent fit for the role. Now all we need is Nicholas Hoult as Lex Luthor.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The announcement seems to be going down well and getting positive buzz, which is great.

Off the top of my head I'm not familiar with either, but if nothing else James Gunn is incredible at casting and they look the part so I'm hyped for them.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I'm sorry Cavill fans (of which I am as well). Inevitably we'll get a fun multiverse team up with Corenswet and Cavill someday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Superman: No Way Home with Cage, Corenswet and Cavill.
    Yeah, a team up like that would just be seen as a knock-off of Spider-Man: No Way Home. If they did do it, I suspect Brandon Routh is more likely as the third one than Cage. His version is meant to be the same character as the one played by the late Christopher Reeve, who's the most iconic live action Superman. If they wanted more than three (which would make it seem like less of a copycat) TV's Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin could also be used! Dean Cain was fired from Supergirl though, he wouldn't be an option. If they wanted to really go wild with it, there's also two actors who played Superboy in a 90s TV show.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

After the Flash relied so heavily on nostalgia only to flop, I think that will mark the end of the Multiverse being heavily used to justify bringing back old actors. I guess maybe they might do CoIE but I’m not holding my breath on that. With Marvel beating DC to the punch yet again with Secret Wars, I wager Gunn will go in a different direction.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    After the Flash relied so heavily on nostalgia only to flop, I think that will mark the end of the Multiverse being heavily used to justify bringing back old actors. I guess maybe they might do CoIE but I’m not holding my breath on that. With Marvel beating DC to the punch yet again with Secret Wars, I wager Gunn will go in a different direction.
    I’ve been thinking about this as well. Though if he does go in a different direction maybe an adaptation of Dark Knights Metal? Idk.

But I’m really looking forward to see who James casts as Lex and Jimmy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, a team up like that would just be seen as a knock-off of Spider-Man: No Way Home. If they did do it, I suspect Brandon Routh is more likely as the third one than Cage. His version is meant to be the same character as the one played by the late Christopher Reeve, who's the most iconic live action Superman. If they wanted more than three (which would make it seem like less of a copycat) TV's Tom Welling and Tyler Hoechlin could also be used! Dean Cain was fired from Supergirl though, he wouldn't be an option. If they wanted to really go wild with it, there's also two actors who played Superboy in a 90s TV show.
    DochaDocha and I disagree with the bolded part. Routh and SR have left no impact on the Superman franchise. Nic Cage's Superman film never happened but at least he is a more popular actor than Routh.

The COIE film was killed by Gunn long ago, or you mean doing a different project with a similar premise in 10 years or more?

Safran said they have a multiverse related project in the works, whatever it is, likely anything big like a Crisis:

With all of this change, is there even room for Keaton in this DCU's future? Safran responded:

“We are a multiverse still. But the main thing that we're focusing on right now is creating the universe that people kind of put their feet into. And then out of that, if we want to have multiverse tales, which I actually know, one of the things we're working on does have multiverse tale. You know, we'll have that in there.”

https://collider.com/michael-keaton-...gunn-comments/

This also means Corenswet is going to be Superman in any DCU cartoons/video games that get made. Assuming Legacy is a success he’s going to be making bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DochaDocha and I disagree with the bolded part. Routh and SR have left no impact on the Superman franchise. Nic Cage's Superman film never happened but at least he is a more popular actor than Routh.

The COIE film was killed by Gunn long ago, or you mean doing a different project with a similar premise in 10 years or more?

Safran said they have a multiverse related project in the works, whatever it is, likely anything big like a Crisis:
    The latter yeah, I know Gunn scrapped Hamada’s plan but he *could* do his own Crisis movie if he wanted. I know they talked about using the Multiverse but that was pre-Flash. Going forward I think the multiverse only exists to justify Reeves doing his thing off on the side. Maybe some other animation/video game DC projects that aren’t connected to the DCU get greenlit too, but I think this Multiverse craze is dying off. Also aren’t they doing a Batman Beyond animated movie? I bet that was what Safran was referring to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

This also means Corenswet is going to be Superman in any DCU cartoons/video games that get made. Assuming Legacy is a success he’s going to be making bank.
    Yes, if Gunn's universe doesn't crash and burn, Corenswet will be the Superman in every media, having guest appearances in TV series or cartoons tied to the DCU.

The latter yeah, I know Gunn scrapped Hamada’s plan but he *could* do his own Crisis movie if he wanted. I know they talked about using the Multiverse but that was pre-Flash. Going forward I think the multiverse only exists to justify Reeves doing his thing off on the side. Maybe some other animation/video game DC projects that aren’t connected to the DCU get greenlit too, but I think this Multiverse craze is dying off. Also aren’t they doing a Batman Beyond animated movie? I bet that was what Safran was referring to.
    Marvel is still having success with the multiverse: MoM, AtSV. It's DC that keeps failing to capitalize on everything.

The Batman Beyond animated script was commissioned by Hamada in 2018 or 2019, it predates the live action Batman Beyond screenplay for Keaton/Pfeiffer. Even if there's a script done, the project seems to be dead from years.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-28-2023 at 08:48 AM.

I don't know Corenswet, but has acting ability doesn't matter since James Gunn is writing and directing. This will be a deconstruction of Superman like Man of Steel, though from a different angle. MoS was cynical and dumb, this will be more of a mocking, "hey, let's laugh at this guy's dumb, out of date values because we're so hip and progressive!" deconstruction.

Meanwhile, I'm sadly familiar with Rachel Brosnahan from Mrs. All Star Superman's viewing of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. I'm not a fan of that character, but maybe she'll play Lois as less obnoxious. Again, it won't really matter, considering Gunn's involvement.