Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I’m surprised David has said nothing yet

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I’m surprised David has said nothing yet
    I'm sure his contract severely restricts his social media engagement in general and in particular as to SL. Coronswet hasn't used Twitter much and though he has 450K or so Instagram followers his posts are mostly about his film work - generally. Nothing specific. He is and has been a very private person. Not much at all about if he has dated anyone in particular or has a significant other.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-11-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

First look at David as Superman:

"Get ready. #Superman 7.11.25"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ogjVERTl8/

I will say physically he looks the part .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    First look at David as Superman:

"Get ready. #Superman 7.11.25"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6ogjVERTl8/
    It does look like new52 armour..i think they could have opted for something metalic instead of rubbery.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Swiss army nerd

I think there's a lot to like here.

The whole vibe of the shot - he's Superman but he puts his boots on one at a time like everyone else - is great. He's just a guy with a job to do, and he's suiting up. I saw someone comment that he's almost like a blue collar worker, space janitor off to take out the trash. And he has a literal blue collar. This isn't doomsday, it's Tuesday.

The suit itself, it looks dirty and damaged - again, he's a guy doing a job, sometimes a dirty job. But when you see the legs especially in the light, you can see that it's a vibrant blue under the dirt and soot. And it has trunks, which makes a traditionalist like me happy.

Speculation - if that's Solaris in the background, and the casting call rumour for an emo looking kid is correct, Gunn could be incorporating a lot of All Star Superman into this. If so, the former title of Legacy has more weight - if Superman thinks he's dying (they wont kill him in this, even in the not-really-dead All Star way), he could be contemplating the legacy he leaves.

But yeah, I'm here for this. I think it'll be a much more approachable Superman, not an angel from heaven but a guy with a job to do and the strength to do it. Maybe the only person with the strength to do it.

Astonishing Member

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

The whole vibe of the shot - he's Superman but he puts his boots on one at a time like everyone else - is great. He's just a guy with a job to do, and he's suiting up. I saw someone comment that he's almost like a blue collar worker, space janitor off to take out the trash. And he has a literal blue collar. This isn't doomsday, it's Tuesday.

The suit itself, it looks dirty and damaged - again, he's a guy doing a job, sometimes a dirty job. But when you see the legs especially in the light, you can see that it's a vibrant blue under the dirt and soot. And it has trunks, which makes a traditionalist like me happy.

Speculation - if that's Solaris in the background, and the casting call rumour for an emo looking kid is correct, Gunn could be incorporating a lot of All Star Superman into this. If so, the former title of Legacy has more weight - if Superman thinks he's dying (they wont kill him in this, even in the not-really-dead All Star way), he could be contemplating the legacy he leaves.

But yeah, I'm here for this. I think it'll be a much more approachable Superman, not an angel from heaven but a guy with a job to do and the strength to do it. Maybe the only person with the strength to do it.
    I kinda like this take. I’d also add that he loves his job too.

To take the theme a step further, there were prior threads about music/soundtrack. Now I’m thinking Rush, “Working Man.”

I’ve also seen people complain about his facial expression, but I rather like it. Superman can be contemplative, he can be apprehensive, he can be concerned; sure he needs to smile but it doesn’t have to be 100% of the time. Nor does he need to exude overconfidence to the point of arrogance. I think it’s cool that he is a little worried and maybe even a little scared here.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 05-07-2024 at 05:10 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I kinda like this take. I’d also add that he loves his job too.

To take the theme a step further, there were prior threads about music/soundtrack. Now I’m thinking Rush, “Working Man.”

I’ve also seen people complain about his facial expression, but I rather like it. Superman can be contemplative, he can be apprehensive, he can be concerned; sure he needs to smile but it doesn’t have to be 100% of the time. Nor does he need to exude overconfidence to the point of arrogance. I think it’s cool that he is a little worried and maybe even a little scared here.
    This might be it. Going off the All Star Superman idea, Clark might actually be powerless here. If the big orb is Solaris he could be pumping out red solar energy. People are joking that he looks to be taking his time while the city is under attack, but what if he can't move any faster...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post

Wow!you put into word what i wanted to but was too lazy to word.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The direction of the new Superman storyline remains uncertain. It appears we will be spared another repetitive origin story and instead, dive straight into a universe where Superman already exists, which is a refreshing change. Beyond that, the overarching idea Gunn is aiming to construct is somewhat ambiguous. However, I remain confident in James Gunn's vision and look forward to seeing how it unfolds.