Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Wasn't Hank hitting Janet the result of a miscommunication between the writer and artist?
    If memory serves it was meant to be more of Hank kind of throwing his hands up in frustration and clipping her rather than the backhand to end all backhands that ended up seeing the page. Now the rest of the story does seem to follow along with it being spousal abuse, so I think it was always meant to be there at least metaphorically

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Wasn't Hank hitting Janet the result of a miscommunication between the writer and artist?
    Editorial at the time did backpedal on that, and I think the writer may not have meant the blow to be drawn in quite so dynamic a style. However, at the Avengers' meeting to discipline Hank for his arrogance in battle, Janet does later take off her sunglasses to show that he gave her bruises. I'm more willing to accept a Hank who hit Janet when in the midst of a breakdown, than a Janet who made out that an accidental blow was serious abuse. There's no way the latter is anything other than misogynistic.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi