Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tiger View Post
    It's a relationship that fundamentally doesn't work for either character. Felicia is intrinsically a cat burglar and that's never going to change . And Peter Parker of all heroes wouldn't stay in a relationship with a burglar. But beyond that, yeah 80s Felicia was essentially written as having an immature infatuation with the idea of Spider-man. So her development as a character involved her growing beyond that infatuation. Which is something that really didn't happen until the 2000s. Whereas MJ overcame her commitment fears by commiting to Peter in the 80s. MJ grew into the relationship and Felicia grew out of it.
    Felicia isn't Selina Kyle; but in Felicia's fantasy version of her life she is. That is, Felicia is a slightly more grounded and rounded version of the more fantastic character she fantasises about being.

The difference between Batman/ Catwoman and Spider-man/ Black Cat is that Bruce/Selina works on a sexual tension and romantic level but are kept apart by Batman/Catwoman; but Peter/Felicia doesn't work even if they're sometimes thrown together by Spider-man/ Black Cat.
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    It's not really defensible that she steals from museums or that Peter turns a blind eye to it when she does.

I think Felicia would work best as a Robin Hood / Leverage / Hustle type character, who is doing something that is ethically defensible according to certain codes of ethics. Peter could disapprove but he wouldn't feel morally obliged to go out of his way to stop her.
    Well, again, there was a period where she wasn't actively stealing stuff. Their relationship wasn't always the BND dynamic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daibhidh View Post
    Felicia isn't Selina Kyle; but in Felicia's fantasy version of her life she is. That is, Felicia is a slightly more grounded and rounded version of the more fantastic character she fantasises about being.

The difference between Batman/ Catwoman and Spider-man/ Black Cat is that Bruce/Selina works on a sexual tension and romantic level but are kept apart by Batman/Catwoman; but Peter/Felicia doesn't work even if they're sometimes thrown together by Spider-man/ Black Cat.
    That's an interesting analysis. I suppose that's true of the characters in the early 80s (Selina has been portrayed as a much more grounded and nuanced character since Year One.)

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...ics-april-2024

As always, these charts do not paint the full picture, there's a lot of information we do not have, yadda, yadda, yadda.

By Units

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    8 Amazing Spider-Man #48
    17 Spectacular Spider-Men #2
    20 Edge of Spider-Verse #3
    27 Ultimate Spider-Man #1
    35 Ultimate Spider-Man #3

By Dollars

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    11 Amazing Spider-Man #48
    16 Ultimate Spider-Man #1
    21 Edge of Spider-Verse #3
    30 Spectacular Spider-Men #2
    33 Ultimate Spider-Man #3
    49 What If...? Venom #3

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

As always, these charts do not paint the full picture, there's a lot of information we do not have, yadda, yadda, yadda.

By Units

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    8 Amazing Spider-Man #48

By Dollars

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    49 What If...? Venom #3
    Spider-Man is the best
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

By Units

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    8 Amazing Spider-Man #48

By Dollars

1 Ultimate Spider-Man #4
    4 Amazing Spider-Man #47
    49 What If...? Venom #3
    Numbers don't lie. Ultimate really is a hit. Amazing is too, but it is clear that some fans (like me) are more interested in following one book over the other.

I wonder what’s going on with Batman on this list. I know this run isn’t the most popular with a lot of fans, but it being that low on the list seems rather perplexing.

All-New Member

jackpot and black cat is not on the list at least

Quote Originally Posted by the human tortilla View Post
    If that's not a death sentence I don't know what is

Incredible Member

I feel bad for the team they sent to die. But there was no way in heaven or hell that I'm picking up a book with Paul in it.

All-New Member

to continue my comment, hopefully it puts the official nail in the coffin for jackpot and mj can return to being a normal non-powered person again soon

Miles Morales has also dropped off the charts. It seemed like the series was picking up steam with the Gang War tie-ins but then it fell out of the Top 50 after the event was over.

Ultimate Member

Venom, Carnage and Miles didn't appear in the top 50.

I wonder what happened.

to continue my comment, hopefully it puts the official nail in the coffin for jackpot and mj can return to being a normal non-powered person again soon
    In today letter issue of Asm they mention that for now they have Mj being a hero but she will eventually be non powered again
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    Numbers don't lie. Ultimate really is a hit. Amazing is too, but it is clear that some fans (like me) are more interested in following one book over the other.
    As insanely impressive as it is that USM#4 is at the top - despite being an extended dinner date with the Osborns - I think it’s equally impressive that USM#1 is still in the top 30 despite being from JANUARY, and USM #3 in the top 35 a month later.

That’s strong retention and bodes well for the immediate future.

Personally, I can only speak for myself, but USM is the type of Spider-Man I remember loving and want to support again, and clearly I’m not alone. I never fathomed we could consistently outsell ASM when Slott suggested doing so to send Marvel a strong message… but so far we’re doing it. Quite impressed.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu