Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    What is unlikeable about Paul?
    This might have been a rhetorical question, but in the world of the story:

Lied to Peter and Mary Jane about why he was on the planet and his relationship to Rabin when he met them

Knew about the time dilation but never told Mary Jane

Told Peter he had “already lost” and didn’t use his math magic or his guns to help Peter against Wayep

Spent all his time working on the jackpot device and not another transportation device like the one he built that sent Peter home to send MJ home

Knew the kids weren’t real as all life on the planet was dead but played along when MJ wondered what happened to their parents. He did suggest they leave the kids and when MJ objected, pretended that wasn’t what he meant and he “would never.” Even though he just did

Kept his association with Rabin a secret from Mary Jane for apparently years even though she was being targeted for murder by Rabin

Somehow knew Rabin knew they killed Wayep and that Rabin knew where he and MJ lived even though Rabin didn’t show up until months later, so apparently was in some form of communication with Rabin

Knew the jackpot device could kill MJ but lets her use it freely for a long period of time without telling her three skulls mean death.

Doesn’t appear to have any form of job or means of making money so is mooching off MJ in 616, giving over a thousand dollars of her money to the debt collector without asking her. Isn’t offering to share his Mayan math magic that could do a lot of good for the world (as apparently he could create electricity, running water, build sleek modern glass and wood structures, and create weapons Cable would be jealous of, all on a world destroyed by an apocalypse, just with his magic) but instead is now apparently also a criminal-level hacker who spied on Felicia’s phone without permission

Cowers with the kids and sends MJ out to fight in Dark Web and when Rabin returns in ASM 26 without him, even though Dead Language depicts him as a skilled fighter as well. He’s in a safe house in ASM 26 with Norman sending people to protect the kids - even though he’s the only one who has supposedly defeated Rabin twice, and he knows how to fight the deadly Mayan monster Rabin creates. And he also knows MJ is being targeted for death and if Rabin kills her, Rabin will become a god and destroy 616. But nope, hides instead

And that’s not mentioning the whole “I was just following daddy’s orders when a planetary omnicide broke out” Nuremberg excuse.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-10-2024 at 07:19 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee