Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    The factor that affects the ranking chart the most is the comic's release date. This data was collected based on a four-week month, from June 4 to July 1, 2023. . Therefore there is more data collected for comics released early in the month than those released later in the month.

For example, books released June 7th would have 25 days of sales data whereas books released June 28th would have 3 days of sales data (this does not account for days stores would be closed)

List of Spider-Man and related books in the top 50 with their released date.

1 Amazing Spider-Man #27 - (14-June)
    7 Edge of Spider-Verse #3 - (21-June)
    12 Amazing Spider-Man #26 - (31-May )
    16 Miles Morales: Spider-Man #7- (21-June)
    18 Amazing Spider-Man #28 - (28-June)
    22 Spider-Man #9 - (7-June)
    29 Extreme Venomverse #3 - (14-June)
    31 Venom #20 - (7-June)
    35 Spider-Man: India #1 - (14-June)
    43 Carnage #14 - (14-June)

So using this information to look at sales;

Batman #136 was released on 6 Jun 2023 (approx.26 days sales data), so even with at least a week more sales data Amazing Spider-Man #27 ( approx.18 days sales data) in this sample ASM was able to outrank Batman.

Amazing Spider-Man #28, released on 28-June (approx.3 days sales data) was able to outrank a book that is being well received by fans Superman #5, released 20 Jun 2023 (approx.12 days of sales data)
    Yeah, thais had implications for sales of Amazing Spider-Man #26.

Amazing Spider-Man #26 was in 12h place in June, but it was also in 4th place in May when it shipped later in the month (I'm sure part of that was second printings, but not all of it.) So someone looking at one month may get the wrong impression.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Book sure is selling

someone with a lot of leisure hours could graph where Batman is on the charts vs where ASM is across the last ~3 years of publication. I'd love to see it!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, thais had implications for sales of Amazing Spider-Man #26.

Amazing Spider-Man #26 was in 12h place in June, but it was also in 4th place in May when it shipped later in the month (I'm sure part of that was second printings, but not all of it.) So someone looking at one month may get the wrong impression.
    Yep, looking at May's ranking data was collected from May 1 to June 3, 2023., this is the top 4 places on the chart and their date of release.

1. Batman #135 (900th issue special) - published on 2 May 2023, that's approx. 33 days' worth of actual sales data.

2. Amazing Spider-Man #25 (MJ's lost years' special issue ) - published on 10 May 2023 that's approx. 25 days' worth of actual sales data.

3. Avengers #1- published on 17 May 2023- approx. 18 days of actual sales data.

4. Amazing Spider-Man #26 (Ms. Marvel's death) - published on 31 May 2023 approx. 4 days of actual sales data.

Even with the least amount of days of actual sales data ASM#26 was only outranked by other 'special' issues that had more data to take into account.

I agree with some of the criticism about ICv2, but I still think it can be useful for detecting sales trends.