What do you guys think of the Heroes Return period of the Avengers comics? This would mainly be the comics published between Heroes Reborn and Disassembled. What are your favorite stories and runs in either the core titles, or the solo books? What do you think about the comics that aren't your favorites?

I've been wanting to reread the Kurt Busiek/ George Perez run of The Avengers, but then I was thinking I haven't read all of his run on Iron Man, and Thunderbolts, which feature relevant characters. And it's a good chance to check out related runs that I've been meaning to read like Waid's Captain America and Jurgens' Thor. And finally it's a chance to reread Priest's run on Black Panther.

The books I intend to go through in something close to the order they were published are...
  • Avengers Volume 3
  • Avengers Forever/ JLA VS Avengers
  • Busiek's Thunderbolts/ Nicezia's Thunderbolts
  • Captain America Volumes 3 and 4 (along with the Mark Waid/ Garney issues pre-Heroes Reborn)
  • Captain America Sentinel of Liberty/ Captain America and Falcon (and The Falcon mini-series from the 80s written by Priest when he went by James Owsley)
  • Priest's Black Panther
  • Jurgens Thor
  • Iron Man Volume 3
  • Assorted mini-series and specials (Avengers Two, Avengers #1 1/2, The Ultron Imperative, The Crew)

There are some side projects I'll consider on a case by case basis (IE- John Cassady's Union Jack mini-series.)

It'll be interesting to see how stories I've enjoyed work in the context of the larger runs, and how those runs which reference events in the other books work as part of a unified whole.

Note- I know I'm mainly mentioning writers here, even though this era includes work by all-time greats like Perez, John Romita Jr, Mark Bagley and Carlos Pacheco. The writers tend to have more issues on the individual titles, so it's useful as a reference point.