Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1946
    Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Actual Retail Cover for USM #1 Sixth Printing:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

I was thinking about the new Ultimate Spider-Man in the context of adaptations and it gets to something unusual and meta about it.

With the MCU films, one way to look at is that it was a trilogy that ended with Peter Parker as the familiar version of Spider-Man. It took a while to get him to a familiar stage and the films consistently explored that (IE- they intentionally chose not to use scenes of Spider-Man swinging through Manhattan because it was done so much in earlier films; this way it was meaningful when Spider-Man came back to New York and took MJ for a swing.)

The big difference with Ultimate Spider-Man is that some of the characters are aware that Peter Parker is supposed to be Spider-Man, and there's a narrative reason to push him along. (It's also worth noting the MCU Peter Parker put on the classic costume after meeting other versions of himself.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Gotta have it

Fantastic Member Hurricane Billy's Avatar

I am very interested in seeing how Mary Jane's PR job is going to factor more into the story as we progress, especially after the Ultimates preview in the FCBD issue.

spoilers:
    So it turns out that in Earth-6160, Damage Control (aka the company that MJ mentioned has her on retainer in USM #4) is actually a front for the Maker that holds numerous warehouses all over the globe that secretly act as mass graveyards for superheroes.
    end of spoilers

One would think that connection with MJ is going to pay off in due time over in USM, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    I am very interested in seeing how Mary Jane's PR job is going to factor more into the story as we progress, especially after the Ultimates preview in the FCBD issue.

spoilers:
    So it turns out that in Earth-6160, Damage Control (aka the company that MJ mentioned has her on retainer in USM #4) is actually a front for the Maker that holds numerous warehouses all over the globe that secretly act as mass graveyards for superheroes.
    end of spoilers

One would think that connection with MJ is going to pay off in due time over in USM, right?
    depends on how big Spider-Man will play a role in the universe will he in the frontlines with the Ultimates or will he stuck doing friendly neighborhood stuff.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Billy View Post
    The solicits say she's holding her own in a couple of issues time. It could mean anything but the only things that are seeded so far are that she reacts to Peter being Spider-man, she does something with Harry and Gwen, or she acts on Damage Control. (I suppose she could be asked to run PR for Fisk or the Bugle.)
    Petrus Maria Johannaque sunt nubendi

https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=75960620796100313

Third printing for USM 3. (Did we know about this before?)

News to me!
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Incredible Member

There's not a book out there that deserves it more.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ultimate Spider-Man #3 3rd Printing Variant:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Checchetto is such a phenomenal talent. His take on the suits all look jaw-dropping.
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Nice I’m glad the series is doing well. But did it break the 100,000 Barrier ?

They may as well just give him form changes at this point.

Amazing Member

Have we got a cover with the PS4/5 Spidey suit yet?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Superior . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They may as well just give him form changes at this point.
    Like Heisei- and Reiwa-era Kamen Rider? Yes, that would be incredible.
    The spider is always on the hunt.