Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Someone call Frank Drake and Hannibal King.
    I think they're going to be in Hill's Midnight Sons mini

Mighty Member

Differences between normal and red band for how the issue ended: https://twitter.com/pnkeez/status/1786221921039745208

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Differences between normal and red band for how the issue ended: https://twitter.com/pnkeez/status/1786221921039745208
    Though the Dr. Strange tie-in used the normal version, I believe.

Is Quicksilver a Mutant again? In Avengers #14 a vampire calls him a Mutie. Pietro also refers to his father being Magneto, did they retcon the retcon?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by omegafix View Post
    Is Quicksilver a Mutant again? In Avengers #14 a vampire calls him a Mutie. Pietro also refers to his father being Magneto, did they retcon the retcon?
    No. Pietro had "father" in quotation marks because he knows that Pietro isn't really his father--but he and Wanda still consider him their father sort-of, since that was how they thought of him for years. Just because a test result says they aren't biologically related doesn't make the emotional connections disappear.

As for the vampire calling him "mutie", the vampire was mistaken--Pietro was even starting to correct him on-panel, when he got cut off. There are plenty of people in the Marvel Universe who will still think that Wanda and Pietro are mutants since that was how they've been publicly known for their entire careers as both heroes and villains. I don't think either of them ever held a press conference to announce to the world at large that they aren't actually mutants now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No. Pietro had "father" in quotation marks because he knows that Pietro isn't really his father--but he and Wanda still consider him their father sort-of, since that was how they thought of him for years. Just because a test result says they aren't biologically related doesn't make the emotional connections disappear.

As for the vampire calling him "mutie", the vampire was mistaken--Pietro was even starting to correct him on-panel, when he got cut off. There are plenty of people in the Marvel Universe who will still think that Wanda and Pietro are mutants since that was how they've been publicly known for their entire careers as both heroes and villains. I don't think either of them ever held a press conference to announce to the world at large that they aren't actually mutants now.
    Just wondering, has it been officially stated what they are, exactly?

A shame, i wish they would retcon the retcon

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, has it been officially stated what they are, exactly?
    A shame, i wish they would retcon the retcon
    Same. And no, "officially," they're humans genetically modified at birth by the High Evolutionary with what could possibly be termed "artificial X-genes," sort of like how Wade Wilson was imbued with Wolverine's accelerated healing factor to cure his cancer, though he is still not considered a "true" mutant, either. My longstanding idea for a fix would be that Magneto's DNA was used in the High Evolutionary's modifications to the Maximoff twins and therefore, they're still genetically connected to him even if they're not "truly" his offspring. As for the subject of whether or not Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are still considered mutants by the general in-universe public, that once again goes to the absurdity of mutants being singled out for hate and fear, since barring an X-gene detector, how would people honestly tell the difference between them and any other superpowered being, human or otherwise, in the Marvel Universe?
    The spider is always on the hunt.