Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    If Al Ewing wants it to be a thing, then it will be, but I doubt it. There are no Blood Hunt tie-ins in Thor and Ewing is a lot more interested in exploring his (sad sigh) long range Roxxon Minotaur story which should have been done with long, long ago.
    spoilers:
    Thats actually already done and it turned out to be a mislead. Its actually an Amora and Skurge story, with Minotaur as a pawn they manipulated and thrown away after they took everything from him.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    Thats actually already done and it turned out to be a mislead. Its actually an Amora and Skurge story, with Minotaur as a pawn they manipulated and thrown away after they took everything from him.
    end of spoilers
    Seriously, thank you for telling me that. Now I might actually read that book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    If Al Ewing wants it to be a thing, then it will be, but I doubt it. There are no Blood Hunt tie-ins in Thor and Ewing is a lot more interested in exploring his (sad sigh) long range Roxxon Minotaur story which should have been done with long, long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So he learned absolutely nothing from Xemnu?
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

I like Jed, but kinda annoyed that Blackout is back from the dead, again, as just a freakin' extra.

Mighty Member

Ok read the Dr. Strange tie-in

spoilers:
    its 100 percent Varnae and it doesn't seem like thats even the twist, Jed is making it known fairly early on
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    After reading Hill's Blade and McKay's Moon Knight, and some comments online, I'm pretty sure I figured out the twist and it's not that Blade is actually a bad guy, and in McKay fashion it actually picks up on existing marvel lore.

spoilers:
    So from McKay's Moon Knight we know that he doesn't love introducing new big villains just for the sake of it, but prefers to make his reveals characters that exist but have been forgotten. We know he likes to drop clues for real fans, and this first issue dropped just about every hint needed. The real villain is probably the spirit of Varnae possessing Blade.

Hints:

1. Blade references using Atlantean magic to detonate the dark hold users. Varnae is one of Atlantis' oldest sorcerors.

2. The command of Bloodstorm. Bloodstorm is the only one of these new villains that existed prior to this event. A hydra clone of Dracula who was a follower of Varnae.

3. Based on Blade's voice and his narration, we can tell this isn't the real Blade. We also know that one thing Blade is particularly resilient against is magical possession, so how could he be possessed? In Hill's Blade we just unlocked his vampiric abilities by drinking Dracula's blood. Dracula got HIS vampiric blood and the title of the lord of Vampires, though, from drinking Varnae's blood. So while being more powerful, Blade also made himself more susceptible to Varnae's influence.

4. The last two are "Blade's" deep understanding of the Montesi formula and hatred of Dr. Strange, through his early run Varnae was consistently at war with the sorcerer Supreme and was consistently fighting with the original Montesi.

5. Varnae has actually attempted to possess Blade before and the ritual was ruined. So this is in alignment with something he's already attempted.

So all in all, it seems like Blade unbeknownst to him, laid the stage for Varnae's possession when he drank Dracula's blood. Varnae likely used the weakened barrier between the world and the supernatural created by the Adana to resurrect, and is taking advantage of the vampire communities McKay set up in his Moon Knight run to take over.

Dracula's role in this is still uncertain and I expect that to be the final twist towards the end, as it did seem out of character for Dracula to be helping Blade the last few years, so it seems like he may have been trying to force Varnae's hand for whatever reason.
    end of spoilers
    Someone call Frank Drake and Hannibal King.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    spoilers:
    So he learned absolutely nothing from Xemnu?
    end of spoilers
    Pretty much. Though in some fairness spoilers:
    Amora came to him, he didn't seek her out like he did Xemnu. He just assumed she was honest with her intentions.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Someone call Frank Drake and Hannibal King.
    I think they're going to be in Hill's Midnight Sons mini

Mighty Member

Differences between normal and red band for how the issue ended: https://twitter.com/pnkeez/status/1786221921039745208

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Differences between normal and red band for how the issue ended: https://twitter.com/pnkeez/status/1786221921039745208
    Though the Dr. Strange tie-in used the normal version, I believe.

Is Quicksilver a Mutant again? In Avengers #14 a vampire calls him a Mutie. Pietro also refers to his father being Magneto, did they retcon the retcon?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by omegafix View Post
    Is Quicksilver a Mutant again? In Avengers #14 a vampire calls him a Mutie. Pietro also refers to his father being Magneto, did they retcon the retcon?
    No. Pietro had "father" in quotation marks because he knows that Pietro isn't really his father--but he and Wanda still consider him their father sort-of, since that was how they thought of him for years. Just because a test result says they aren't biologically related doesn't make the emotional connections disappear.

As for the vampire calling him "mutie", the vampire was mistaken--Pietro was even starting to correct him on-panel, when he got cut off. There are plenty of people in the Marvel Universe who will still think that Wanda and Pietro are mutants since that was how they've been publicly known for their entire careers as both heroes and villains. I don't think either of them ever held a press conference to announce to the world at large that they aren't actually mutants now.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No. Pietro had "father" in quotation marks because he knows that Pietro isn't really his father--but he and Wanda still consider him their father sort-of, since that was how they thought of him for years. Just because a test result says they aren't biologically related doesn't make the emotional connections disappear.

As for the vampire calling him "mutie", the vampire was mistaken--Pietro was even starting to correct him on-panel, when he got cut off. There are plenty of people in the Marvel Universe who will still think that Wanda and Pietro are mutants since that was how they've been publicly known for their entire careers as both heroes and villains. I don't think either of them ever held a press conference to announce to the world at large that they aren't actually mutants now.
    Just wondering, has it been officially stated what they are, exactly?

A shame, i wish they would retcon the retcon

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Just wondering, has it been officially stated what they are, exactly?
    A shame, i wish they would retcon the retcon
    Same. And no, "officially," they're humans genetically modified at birth by the High Evolutionary with what could possibly be termed "artificial X-genes," sort of like how Wade Wilson was imbued with Wolverine's accelerated healing factor to cure his cancer, though he is still not considered a "true" mutant, either. My longstanding idea for a fix would be that Magneto's DNA was used in the High Evolutionary's modifications to the Maximoff twins and therefore, they're still genetically connected to him even if they're not "truly" his offspring. As for the subject of whether or not Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are still considered mutants by the general in-universe public, that once again goes to the absurdity of mutants being singled out for hate and fear, since barring an X-gene detector, how would people honestly tell the difference between them and any other superpowered being, human or otherwise, in the Marvel Universe?
    The spider is always on the hunt.