Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Free Comic Book Day Blood Hunt Preview SPOILERS!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/free...head-spoilers/
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Spidey was this close to winning a fight!
    Story of his life, it seems these days, though I do like Tracks' theory on just who the actual villain of Blood Hunt is.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So reading this, pretty straightforward. Vampires attacks, lots of action, the Bloodcoven show up to hype how cool they are.

Which is all I could want from this. As long as its hopefully an entertaining enough action blockbuster it will serve as a decent read.

Larraz's art is great as always, so pretty and it moves so fine. Some pretty great action scenes with the Bloodcoven, makes me wish this is a weekly battle manga so we can get detailed fight scenes between the Avengers and Bloodcoven.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    So, the vampires' plan is to conceal the sun and start an endless night?

Let's say they defeat all superheroes and military forces. And then what? Without the sun, plants can not do photosysthesis and die. If the plants die, all the food chain die in short order... and what will vampires eat?
    Eh I don't think this is all that compelling a critique. The dark force clearly isn't blotting out all sunlight as people can still see, it's just night time. There are plenty of plants that live in near darkness. You'd probably see that plant life grow. Don't forget the oldest vampires in Marvel are from Atlantis, and have lived for millenia submerged in complete darkness.

Mighty Member

This sounds really cool!

spoilers:
    Isn't Dracula going to be teaming-up with Blade' daughter?
    end of spoilers
    Yes, which is also interesting given that she has been shown to be anymore skilled (probably less so) than some of the vampires we've seen under dracula's command

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So reading this, pretty straightforward. Vampires attacks, lots of action, the Bloodcoven show up to hype how cool they are.

Which is all I could want from this. As long as its hopefully an entertaining enough action blockbuster it will serve as a decent read.

Larraz's art is great as always, so pretty and it moves so fine. Some pretty great action scenes with the Bloodcoven, makes me wish this is a weekly battle manga so we can get detailed fight scenes between the Avengers and Bloodcoven.
    Speaking of manga-quality fight scenes . . . I'm looking forward to Federico Vincentini's Miles Morales: Spider-Man tying into this, because that artist has been seriously on fire with fight scenes there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

Here is the different between Normal rate and the red band version:
    Blood_Hunt_Vol_1_1_Page_10_Red_Band_Comparison.jpg

Doesn’t Darkhawk use Darkforce powers? I was hoping to see him…

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Here is the different between Normal rate and the red band version:
    Blood_Hunt_Vol_1_1_Page_10_Red_Band_Comparison.jpg
    Minor details but I did saw the last page being very different. I hope somebody uploads more of this stuff. There is no digital version of it which means basically anybody outside the US is screwed at ever seeing the Red Band version. Somebody said there is even some additional dialogue which doesn't appear in the regular version and that some scenes are extended which give more context therefore. I mean details are fine but hiding "story" content behind a version not everybody can get is really bad.

I also got a question. I haven't kept up with things but is Blade a true full vampire nowadays? Because if he is then I found his conversation with Strange really awkward. Blade brings up the correct point that if you would nuke all vampires then also the good ones would be effected but Strange gives only a generic for the greater good response. I took Blades question as him obviously talking about himself too and Strange doesn't acknowledge that at all.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    i think that has changed now but i'm not sure.

Question for those who've read the issue: is it worth picking up if I'm only interested in Dusk? Does she even cameo, or is she just mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    i think that has changed now but i'm not sure.
    I'm pretty sure that's correct. At some point it was retconned, but "Darkforce" wasn't really replaced with anything specific, I don't think. Just "force blasts" or something.

-Pav, who wishes Marvel would remember that Dusk is connected to the Negative Zone and not the Darkforce Dimension...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Only mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Far right I think might be Silhouette?
    She's mentioned too - which means the current Night Thrasher series must be set before this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    spoilers:

2. The command of Bloodstorm. Bloodstorm is the only one of these new villains that existed prior to this event. A hydra clone of Dracula who was a follower of Varnae.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    There's another Bloodstorm? I only knew about an alternate universe vampire version of Ororo.
    end of spoilers

This sounds really cool!

spoilers:
    Isn't Dracula going to be teaming-up with Blade' daughter?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, Bloodline's in Dracula's tie-in. Obviously she's gone to him because she knows they have a mutual enemy?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He definitely used to. Darkhawk was previously involved in another dark force story which featured way back in New Warriors.

That was when just one dark force user was able to open a portal the size of New York to the dark force dimension.

I don't believe he darkhawk uses dark force blasts any longer. Especially after his cosmic upgrade.

He definitely used to. Darkhawk was previously involved in another dark force story which featured way back in New Warriors.

That was when just one dark force user was able to open a portal the size of New York to the dark force dimension.

I don't believe he darkhawk uses dark force blasts any longer. Especially after his cosmic upgrade.
    i guess all the Raptors amulets are tied to the Darkforce Dimension loosely through the Tree of Shadows. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Tree_of_Shadows

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only mentioned.

She's mentioned too - which means the current Night Thrasher series must be set before this event.

spoilers:
    There's another Bloodstorm? I only knew about an alternate universe vampire version of Ororo.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah, Bloodline's in Dracula's tie-in. Obviously she's gone to him because she knows they have a mutual enemy?
    end of spoilers
    He's a deep cut! https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Blood...ne_(Earth-616)

Ultimate Member

During that Dark Force storyline, there was no indication that Darkhawk's chest blast had any connection to the dark force itself, though. He just had a cool name for his chest blast and went with it.