Page 381 of 463 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,715 of 6944

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    Yep, got it.

Imagine Tim Scott gets picked as VP, they win the election, Trump dies/gets incapacitated during the term and Scott becomes POTUS.......!!!!!
    Yes, the thought of this would make many conservatives stay home on Election day. Not that I think Trump would ever seriously consider a black VP as a running mate, but I wonder if doing so would draw in more black voters than the number of good ol' boys that it would scare away.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Yes, the thought of this would make many conservatives stay home on Election day. Not that I think Trump would ever seriously consider a black VP as a running mate, but I wonder if doing so would draw in more black voters than the number of good ol' boys that it would scare away.
    I'm sure they've been thinking about it from that electoral perspective. The same regarding Marco Rubio, who has the advantage of being fluent in Spanish.

In the end, I think he's just gonna pick JD Vance, which... err... derrr... urrrr.... yeah

I think Vance is too much of a publicity whore for Trump to pick. He will pick a woman, or a weak sycophant. He picked Pence for the Evangelical vote, but they are so far up his butt now, he doesn't need someone to pull them in.
    As for Scott, I think referencing Samuel L Jackson in Django Unchained suffices.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I think Vance is too much of a publicity whore for Trump to pick. He will pick a woman, or a weak sycophant. He picked Pence for the Evangelical vote, but they are so far up his butt now, he doesn't need someone to pull them in.
    As for Scott, I think referencing Samuel L Jackson in Django Unchained suffices.
    A woman - Noem is a certified puppy killer, Lake is an election loser, ... so?

weak sycophant - that's the definition of Lindsey Graham

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

Invincible Member

That's an anecdote, not data. Obviously not 100% of black women will vote for Biden...

Also, on that video she is protesting against something she feels is incorrect, but it's not like she's saying she's gonna vote for Trump!
    She does say that she's going vote for the Republicans, but probably most people who feel like her will just stay home.

Ironically, she's kind of giving similar vibes to what certain conservatives used to say about poor people ( and blacks in particular ) on government assistance..."They're getting free stuff and I resent it!"

Never the less, the democrats have done poor messaging ( little to none ) around this issue and that's not going to help them in the fall.

Invincible Member

I'm sure they've been thinking about it from that electoral perspective. The same regarding Marco Rubio, who has the advantage of being fluent in Spanish.

In the end, I think he's just gonna pick JD Vance, which... err... derrr... urrrr.... yeah
    It won't be Rubio. Back in the 2016 primaries Marco made fun of Trump's small hands, and Trump holds grudges.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    It wouldn't cause a mass wave of minority voters, but it might convince a small percent of those who are disaffected/undecided...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She does say that she's going vote for the Republicans, but probably most people who feel like her will just stay home.

Ironically, she's kind of giving similar vibes to what certain conservatives used to say about poor people ( and blacks in particular ) on government assistance..."They're getting free stuff and I resent it!"

Never the less, the democrats have done poor messaging ( little to none ) around this issue and that's not going to help them in the fall.
    OH! I actually didn't watch the full, so I assumed she said she was going to vote for third party candidates (as she talks about independent candidates in the beginning) or not at all. It's even more sad, then.

It won't be Rubio. Back in the 2016 primaries Marco made fun of Trump's small hands, and Trump holds grudges.
    Who does Trump NOT have a grudge against, at this stage, though?

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't cause a mass wave of minority voters, but it might convince a small percent of those who are disaffected/undecided...
    The Republican effort to suppress the vote is much easier to address directly -- ultimately voters are responsible for their own choices.

The same applies to Republicans who keep electing leaders who traffic in white supremacy, sexism and homophobia -- even more so given Trump's nomination and support over more reasonable candidates.

Republican judicial efforts to dilute and disenfranchise said voters need to be addressed for those votes to even matter in the first place.

More voting matters little when the influence of those votes is limited by Republican policy.

All of this would be avoided if Republicans simply nominated ethical political leaders who did not use white Christian nationalism as the foundation of their political platform.

And as both Biden and Obama are practicing Christians who do not engage in homophobia and bigotry or attack a woman's right to choose it clearly is primarily about white nationalism.

There is no excuse for disenfranchising voters in a democracy -- which is exactly why many conservatives talk around the topic rather than address it directly.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-09-2024 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    The Republican effort to suppress the vote is much easier to address directly -- ultimately voters are responsible for their own choices.

Republican judicial efforts to dilute and disenfranchise said voters need to be addressed for those votes to even matter in the first place.

More voting matters little when the influence of those votes is limited by Republican policy.
    Again I agree, but right now winning elections is the path to have the means to be able to destroy/limit the ability of the GOP to suppress votes.

Think of it this way: if a few thousand more people in 2016 had decided to turn up and vote for Hillary Clinton, then the GOP wouldn't have had the possibility of loading up SCOTUS with Conservative judges, and Roe vs. Wade wouldn't have been repealed. Because I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of Americans don't agree with the SCOTUS decision - a decision done driven by a minority that was enabled by winning an election.

The villains in this story are the folks who voted for Trump in 2016. But if a few thousand Democratic leaning voters and independents in swing states had decided to vote for Hillary, this would've been different.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I totally agree with everything you're saying/defending, but the immediate requirement is to win the election in November, get out the vote, get your friends/family/neighbors to go out and vote.
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-09-2024 at 06:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

weak sycophant - that's the definition of Lindsey Graham
    Elise Stefanik checks all the boxes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, if Trump wants a woman for VP, it damn sure won't be Nikki Haley. Despite having dropped out of the race a couple of months ago, she's yet to kiss the ring, and Don Snoreleone demands blind obedience from his serfs in the party. On top of that, Haley got 14 or 15 percent of the vote in the GQP primary here in Pennsylvania a few weeks ago, something I'm sure pissed him off. Who does that leave? Moscow Marjorie or Lauren Beetlejuicer? Nahhhh! Too crazy even for Trump's liking. Elise Stefanik? She's certainly devoted enough (read: fanatical) to the Nodfather to earn serious consideration. Then again, Trump might just settle on Ivanka as his running mate, that way, if he strokes out while eating one too many hamberders in the middle of the night, his foul legacy will live on. By the by, I'm only half joking about that, I wouldn't put ANYTHING past that orange skinned madman.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 05-09-2024 at 06:34 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I totally agree with everything you're saying/defending, but the immediate requirement is to win the election in November, get out the vote, get your friends/family/neighbors to go out and vote.
    You really don't need to keep trying to preach to those who have already been practicing -- if anything you should be listening and learning from those with experience.

The "immediate requirement" is to address the root of the problem so that it doesn't continue to manifest in Republican candidates -- Trump being only the latest symptom of an ongoing malady.

Some would argue it's better to take on the devil you know than the one that you don't but in the end both should be addressed.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 05-09-2024 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    You really don't need to keep trying to preach to those who have already been practicing -- if anything you should be listening and learning from those with experience.

The "immediate requirement" is to address the root of the problem so that it doesn't continue to manifest in Republican candidates -- Trump being only the latest symptom of an ongoing malady.
    "The "immediate requirement" is to address the root of the problem so that it doesn't continue to manifest in Republican candidates" - yes, and that was my question to you some posts ago: how do you propose to do that, what's the plan? Because whatever has been done until now doesn't seem like it's working.

You mentioned "learning from those with experience" - what have you been working on in this space, if that's something you can/want to share?
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-09-2024 at 07:00 AM.