Page 390 of 425 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 6362

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    So you are suggesting that someone who trains e.g. boxing can train karate instead, or train aikido instead of MMA, or wrestling instead of kung fu? Do you understand how incredibly clueless and funny that is? Because all of it is "fighting"? Again - that's like suggesting to someone who plays basketball that they can play handball instead, they are both played with balls. What you are saying makes zero sense.
    I played a lot of rugby and cricket back in my distant youth…I suspect I’d have been hard pressed to find a club or set of team mates if I’d waited for one without the “benefit” of people with fairly extreme political views.

And that was in UK. In America it must be near impossible to take part in team sport if you avoid all people with “interesting” political views.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I played a lot of rugby and cricket back in my distant youth…I suspect I’d have been hard pressed to find a club or set of team mates if I’d waited for one without the “benefit” of people with fairly extreme political views.

And that was in UK. In America it must be near impossible to take part in team sport if you avoid all people with “interesting” political views.
    Of course!

PS - Cricket? Booooring :P
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-10-2024 at 08:30 AM.

Kind of the whole point of The Olympics, isn't it?

PS - Cricket? Booooring :P
    Even I came to that conclusion eventually…I stopped going to watch matches with my mates about 10 years ago, after I realised I was spending most of day doing crossword puzzles.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

The suggestion might not be serious (so it's effectively worthless!!!) but the poster doubled down on subsequent posts (e.g. #5629) saying that white males bla bla are more likely to fail a civics test than other folks. Your bias is your bias.
    White voters acting dumber than black voters (on average) is not bias, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    White voters acting dumber than black voters (on average) is not bias, it's a fact.
    How do you prove that, are there studies (not partisan leaning news articles) to that effect?

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Doesn't matter. Even if Biden had made the Public Option a centerpiece of his presidency and failed (which he would have), 30 would still give him zero slack. I'm pretty sure he didn't give Obama any! I'm don't know if he's obfuscating or if he truly doesn't understand that campaign 'promises' are at best things that a candidate will attempt IF they have the political capital to do so.
    Purposely ignore all positive accomplishments by Democrats as well as unrelenting obstruction from the opposition.
    Point to one or two failures or as yet unfulfilled promises as evidence of overall corruption or incompetence.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 05-10-2024 at 08:53 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

How do you prove that, are there studies (not partisan leaning news articles) to that effect?
    Well, you'd need a metric too.

And right now, Biden is holding steady with support from white men (while, yes, a majority support Trump overall), and losing support with every other demographic.

Even I came to that conclusion eventually…I stopped going to watch matches with my mates about 10 years ago, after I realised I was spending most of day doing crossword puzzles.
    But hey, at least folks playing cricket spend time outdoors, fresh air etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Well, you'd need a metric too.

And right now, Biden is holding steady with support from white men (while, yes, a majority support Trump overall), and losing support with every other demographic.
    I've seen that too. So if what Capt. Europe is saying is correct and Biden is losing support among minority voters, does that mean Biden is doing a bad job?

Obviously something's wrong here

https://abcnews.go.com/538/biden-los...y?id=105272263

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...states-survey/

https://www.wsj.com/politics/electio...-poll-a7d9da22

Intelligence, including 'intelligence in voting' (whatever that could mean...), isn't determined by race. Stereotyping any group based on race is unfair and inaccurate. People of all races have a wide range of intelligence, abilities and experiences. Inclusion means avoiding making assumptions or generalizations about individuals based on their race.
    Last edited by hyped78; 05-10-2024 at 08:56 AM.

Polls show that, theoretically, RFK Jr + West + Stein hurt Biden slightly more than they hurt Trump.

I saw a CNN poll somewhere that isolated RFK's voting and the effect was essentially 50/50 Trump-Biden - but, of course, this was at a national level and doesn't take into consideration the effect on swing states.
    It varies from state to state, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    It varies from state to state, though.
    And it varies a bit wildly from pollster to pollster. But, I think, if Cornel West and Jill Stein pull out, RFK staying in might not be a bad thing, in the end... (towards a Biden win, I mean)

Also, I haven't been following closely but RFK isn't qualified to be on every state's ballot yet, not sure how much that can be a factor or not:

https://www.kennedy24.com/ballot-access

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Is he on drugs?

The funny thing is that everybody in that video is likely to be MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I don't know if you guys have heard about it. But here in Brazil, we are facing catastrophic consequences of climate change right now.
    It's horrible. I hope you and your loved ones are safe.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The climate change increases the effects of natural climatic variations. After all, climate probably played a role in Mayan civilisation collapse.

Nowadays we cover a larger part of the surface of the Earth so more prone to be victim of natural catastrophies. Hard to say if we are more or less resilient than past civilisations.

One thing is sure: climate change is here to stay and we don’t know how far it will go…
    Yet nobody ever seems to protest autocratic Azerbaijan at Eurovision, even though the affluence of the country is built on killing millions over the next years by destroying the climate.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 180933.jpg