Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This is horrible. This is ABSOLUTELY anti-semitism, and not pro-Palestinian. I hope they catch and penalize the people who did these things!

That said, the vast majority are not protesting in favor of Hamas or FOR the destruction of Israel. They are protesting the ongoing dehumanization and eradication of the Palestinian CIVILIAN POPULACE that we are watching Netanyahu grind into the dirt. With our money.

Defacing a memorial and disrupting a day of remembrance are both terrible. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and they absolutely deserve whatever punishments they get.

Now it’s your turn to admit that 32,000 dead civilians is not justifiable retribution for 1,200, under ANY circumstance.
    An important distinction is that it's not about retribution. It's about eliminating Hamas and discouraging anyone else from thinking it's helpful to their political cause to murder civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It is extremely difficult to deal with the Hamas and not have civilian casualties. They intentionally run their military operations in schools and hospitals, when they launched thousands of rockets on October 7th, they could care less where they hit as long as it killed Jews, when they invaded Israel they weren't going after soldiers, they chose to target civilians, specifically women and babies (even Biden had to be shown evidence of them literally beheading babies).

So of course Israel is pissed off. Any country that went through that would be. They gave Gaza a warning they're sending a Military Strike and told the civilians to evacuate. The Hamas wouldn't let them go because they needed human shields and of course when they're killed they try to play the victim card (and sadly many idiots bought it)

I'm not completely excusing Israel (I watched a video of an Israeli Soldier shooting an unarmed Palestine Grandmother right in front of her 6 year old grandchild that was trying to evacuate. He should be executed for war crimes) but if those Pro-Hamas morons want to waste time (because their stunts only cause disruptions, not make a genuine difference) and blame the party for these civilian deaths, then look at the Hamas, not Israel.
    I also don't think there's any reason to assume other country would respond with less severity to that kind of attack.

I kinda doubt Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Jordan, The United Arab Emirates or Belarus (just to select countries with similar-sized populations) would be okay with a territory run by Hamas continuing to be its neighbor after the rapes and murders.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Isn’t it an option to lock him until he apologises to the Judge?

I think he’d hate that.
    There may be some compelled speech questions on that. It would also provide more fodder to the defense that he's the victim of lawfare.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An important distinction is that it's not about retribution. It's about eliminating Hamas and discouraging anyone else from thinking it's helpful to their political cause to murder civilians.

I also don't think there's any reason to assume other country would respond with less severity to that kind of attack.

I kinda doubt Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Jordan, The United Arab Emirates or Belarus (just to select countries with similar-sized populations) would be okay with a territory run by Hamas continuing to be its neighbor after the rapes and murders.

There may be some compelled speech questions on that. It would also provide more fodder to the defense that he's the victim of lawfare.
    You’re right, that there is an important distinction. Netanyahu isn’t acting out of any sense of retribution. That’s just his excuse for committing genocide and war crimes in the name of Israel.

Like you do for the American far right, though, you’ll prevaricate and distract, and play semantics until the people you don’t care about are dead at the hands of the people you support, politically.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You’re right, that there is an important distinction. Netanyahu isn’t acting out of any sense of retribution. That’s just his excuse for committing genocide and war crimes in the name of Israel.

Like you do for the American far right, though, you’ll prevaricate and distract, and play semantics until the people you don’t care about are dead at the hands of the people you support, politically.
    Netenyahu I believe is doing this for his own political survival. The moment peace breaks out, he is done, and will avoid it at all costs.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Netenyahu I believe is doing this for his own political survival. The moment peace breaks out, he is done, and will avoid it at all costs.
    I agree.

I wonder how many dead Palestinian children it will take to finally end one man’s political career.