Page 372 of 449 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 6733

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Isn’t it an option to lock him until he apologises to the Judge?

I think he’d hate that.
    Lock! Him! Up! Lock! Him! Up!

Sorry. Too soon?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This is horrible. This is ABSOLUTELY anti-semitism, and not pro-Palestinian. I hope they catch and penalize the people who did these things!

That said, the vast majority are not protesting in favor of Hamas or FOR the destruction of Israel. They are protesting the ongoing dehumanization and eradication of the Palestinian CIVILIAN POPULACE that we are watching Netanyahu grind into the dirt. With our money.

Defacing a memorial and disrupting a day of remembrance are both terrible. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and they absolutely deserve whatever punishments they get.

Now it’s your turn to admit that 32,000 dead civilians is not justifiable retribution for 1,200, under ANY circumstance.
    An important distinction is that it's not about retribution. It's about eliminating Hamas and discouraging anyone else from thinking it's helpful to their political cause to murder civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It is extremely difficult to deal with the Hamas and not have civilian casualties. They intentionally run their military operations in schools and hospitals, when they launched thousands of rockets on October 7th, they could care less where they hit as long as it killed Jews, when they invaded Israel they weren't going after soldiers, they chose to target civilians, specifically women and babies (even Biden had to be shown evidence of them literally beheading babies).

So of course Israel is pissed off. Any country that went through that would be. They gave Gaza a warning they're sending a Military Strike and told the civilians to evacuate. The Hamas wouldn't let them go because they needed human shields and of course when they're killed they try to play the victim card (and sadly many idiots bought it)

I'm not completely excusing Israel (I watched a video of an Israeli Soldier shooting an unarmed Palestine Grandmother right in front of her 6 year old grandchild that was trying to evacuate. He should be executed for war crimes) but if those Pro-Hamas morons want to waste time (because their stunts only cause disruptions, not make a genuine difference) and blame the party for these civilian deaths, then look at the Hamas, not Israel.
    I also don't think there's any reason to assume other country would respond with less severity to that kind of attack.

I kinda doubt Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Jordan, The United Arab Emirates or Belarus (just to select countries with similar-sized populations) would be okay with a territory run by Hamas continuing to be its neighbor after the rapes and murders.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Isn’t it an option to lock him until he apologises to the Judge?

I think he’d hate that.
    There may be some compelled speech questions on that. It would also provide more fodder to the defense that he's the victim of lawfare.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I still don't understand why the Stormy Daniel case is taking place and we still don't really know when or if a trial about January 6th will ever happen. I hate to think Trump never will face the music for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An important distinction is that it's not about retribution. It's about eliminating Hamas and discouraging anyone else from thinking it's helpful to their political cause to murder civilians.

I also don't think there's any reason to assume other country would respond with less severity to that kind of attack.

I kinda doubt Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Jordan, The United Arab Emirates or Belarus (just to select countries with similar-sized populations) would be okay with a territory run by Hamas continuing to be its neighbor after the rapes and murders.

There may be some compelled speech questions on that. It would also provide more fodder to the defense that he's the victim of lawfare.
    You’re right, that there is an important distinction. Netanyahu isn’t acting out of any sense of retribution. That’s just his excuse for committing genocide and war crimes in the name of Israel.

Like you do for the American far right, though, you’ll prevaricate and distract, and play semantics until the people you don’t care about are dead at the hands of the people you support, politically.

You’re right, that there is an important distinction. Netanyahu isn’t acting out of any sense of retribution. That’s just his excuse for committing genocide and war crimes in the name of Israel.

Like you do for the American far right, though, you’ll prevaricate and distract, and play semantics until the people you don’t care about are dead at the hands of the people you support, politically.
    Netenyahu I believe is doing this for his own political survival. The moment peace breaks out, he is done, and will avoid it at all costs.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I still don't understand why the Stormy Daniel case is taking place and we still don't really know when or if a trial about January 6th will ever happen. I hate to think Trump never will face the music for that.
    The hush money case is the easiest to prove, thanks to all the documentation and witnesses to his stupid, criminal coverup of his base, uncontrollable lust. It helps prove a pattern of fraud, deceit, and criminal coverups.

Once this case is decided, the rest become much easier, thanks to this case setting a precedent that Presidents can be held accountable for when they break the law.

It’s not nearly as satisfying as trying him for the treason we all saw and heard and read him commit, over and over again. But it IS somewhat satisfying that his ego and his stubby mushroom and his lust will get him jail time first. It’s Al Capone going to prison for tax fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Netenyahu I believe is doing this for his own political survival. The moment peace breaks out, he is done, and will avoid it at all costs.
    I agree.

I wonder how many dead Palestinian children it will take to finally end one man’s political career.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I don’t excuse anything… Hurt feelings, disrespect… it comes and goes away.
    It's not hurt feelings. It's bigotry. If you protest a war in Israel by demonstrating at an unrelated event in another country, your problem isn't with Israel, it's with Jews.

You wouldn't protest China's human rights violations by demonstrating at a Lunar New Year celebration in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    It's not hurt feelings. It's bigotry. If you protest a war in Israel by demonstrating at an unrelated event in another country, your problem isn't with Israel, it's with Jews.

You wouldn't protest China's human rights violations by demonstrating at a Lunar New Year celebration in New York.
    Absolutely.

We don’t protest against genocide and war crimes by trivializing or disrespecting other genocides and war crimes. And we certainly don’t go to an unrelated event and desecrate IT to draw attention to our cause.

That’s as stupid and self-defeating as throwing paint on classic art to protest climate change.
    Last edited by zinderel; 05-07-2024 at 12:27 PM.

I don't think going personal is helpful and necessary.

One important question on policy would be whether there's any Israeli leader who could plausibly replace Netanyahu who would be less aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    The Jack Smith trial is trucking along.

There are multiple reasons it's different. The Daniels trial has witnesses and a clear paper trail.

Judge Aileen Cannon has made some mistakes. Beyond bias, there seem to be problems of temperament in addition to inexperience in any trial that would be similar.

The arguments made by prosecutors did leave some major questions about whether a President can be prosecuted for official acts (Can a successor to Obama go after him for war crimes for drone strikes) so these kinds of unprecedented questions have to be litigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What does that have to do with a march in Poland?
    It's whatsaboutism.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    But what kind of community service could Trump do? He is too frail to pick up trash in Central Park.
    There really isn't much he can do there.

There would also be various reasons to disentangle penalties for abusive behavior in a courtroom setting with community service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The fact that her career isn't over, and she isn't being treated like a pariah says everything that needs to be said about the media, the Republican Party, and the world we're living in.
    She hasn't lost her office yet, although it's very rare for politicians to lose their seat because something they did decades earlier was sociopathic (In fairness, it's rare for public figures to brag about killing a dog.) We'll see if she wins an election, or gets appointed anywhere prestigious. I don't see an ambassadorship or respected university presidency in her future. Her best hope is some Fox News commentator gig, but she may be too much of a psycho for them.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/07/polit...ial/index.html

Judge Aileen Cannon has indefinitely postponed former President Donald Trump’s classified documents trial in Florida, citing significant issues around classified evidence that would need to be worked out before the federal criminal case goes to a jury.

In an order Tuesday, Cannon cancelled the May trial date and did not set a new date.

LOLOLOL...what a fuckin' joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    They'll never hold him accountable for his acts, not really. He stole classified files that he no longer had the right to have access to. He should be in prison forever. But not in Florida. I swear if he told Ron DeSantis to blow him on camera at the state house, DeSantis would drop to his knees in a nanosecond. All of these people are traitors.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think going personal is helpful and necessary.
    I don’t think running interference for a party that supports and enshrines misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, and treason is helpful or necessary.

I don’t think ignoring people when they answer you is helpful or necessary.

I don’t think pretending to be reasonable while literally standing with genocide apologists and war criminals is helpful or necessary.

Seems neither of us thinks the other is helpful or necessary.

*Shrug*

I’ll find a way to go on living.
    Last edited by zinderel; 05-07-2024 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Lock! Him! Up! Lock! Him! Up!

Sorry. Too soon?
    Not soon enough. He should have been on trial 2 years ago.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Another thing Biden has done for the country.

https://www.aol.com/finance/amtrak-n...210253088.html

It's a shame people don't see how much he has done. I guess the Press might mention this between articles about him being old.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!