Page 371 of 463 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 6933

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ. I don't think it's quite that cut and dry. I'm of the belief that from a purely psychological standpoint, Trump would NEVER be able to handle jail...PERIOD! We're talking about a 77 year old man-baby who, for the first time in his miserable life, is finally being held accountable for his actions, no doubt something he thought was beneath him because of his wealth and privilege. Why else has Trump moved heaven and earth to delay his trials in the hope he can win the election and once again hide behind the skirts of presidential immunity...because he's terrified of being incarcerated. Even if he's in a holding cell with the Secret Service protecting him 24/7, the notion of his freedom having been taken from him, no matter for how short a period of time is his worst nightmare. Hell, for all we know, he probably fears ending up like his old buddy Jeffrey Epstein when he was locked up. While I'm no psychologist, not even the armchair variety, I genuinely believe being behind bars would break Trump mentally.
    If he was processed and treated like everyone else I would agree with you. But he will be treated and handled with kid gloves. His own cell. Secret service, special treatment. You really think if Trump makes a demand in jail he wont get it? Hey the former president is bored get him a tv or a couple of books. At the very least he will have a couple of secret service people to talk to and keep him company And how many of the law enforcement will be Trump supporters that will do anything they can to make his stay as easy and comfortable as they can?

And it is not like he will be there for days on end. A few hours to a day max I would think. And then he can go on truth social and talk about how he is the victim, his base will fall for it and cry over poor Trump behind bars like he is in with the worst of the worst. His supporters will not be reasonable and say. Hey they warned him time and time again so this is his fault. They will say. Hey they are trying to silence our guy. Look how scared of him they are they wont let him speak the truth. The outrage.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-07-2024 at 09:09 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    hey the former president is bored get him a tv or a couple of books.
    bwahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Just when I thought they couldn't go any lower

Pro-Palestinian protesters disrupt Auschwitz remembrance march

Pro-Palestinian protesters vandalise First World War memorial

I'm tired of the media fluffing this up. This is not Pro-Palestine. Call it like it really is: Pro-Hamas. This is ultimately driven by antisemitism
    I get you are upset because of this… I’m much more upset by military forces harassing innocent people…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I get you are upset because of this… I’m much more upset by military forces harassing innocent people…
    What does that have to do with a march in Poland?

Hell when I was in prison I saw the guards bend the rules for normal inmates who were favored. And those were just normal guys. Does any one really think that Trump as former president and front runner to be the next president is not going to get all kinds of special treatment in a freaken county lockup?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

You're "more upset about military forces harassing innocent people.."

Are you talking about Israel's Retaliation for the October 7 massacre? Or Pro-Hamas Protestors whining about about the police being 'mean' to them?

And lets not even get into trying to excuse them for their disrespect to Aushwitz. Grandfather fought in WW2. Went to several events and met some incredible people that includes both a soldier that liberated that camp and a survivor. The horrors they experienced there are something nobody should have to go through.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-07-2024 at 10:39 AM.

Hell when I was in prison I saw the guards bend the rules for normal inmates who were favored. And those were just normal guys. Does any one really think that Trump as former president and front runner to be the next president is not going to get all kinds of special treatment in a freaken county lockup?
    I expect he'll get special treatment. But he is rather spoiled, so he's not going to enjoy it, even if an ordinary American would be able to tolerate it (and probably wouldn't be in the position, because they're not picking on judges' family members and clerks in public statements.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If he was processed and treated like everyone else I would agree with you. But he will be treated and handled with kid gloves. His own cell. Secret service, special treatment. You really think if Trump makes a demand in jail he wont get it? Hey the former president is bored get him a tv or a couple of books. At the very least he will have a couple of secret service people to talk to and keep him company And how many of the law enforcement will be Trump supporters that will do anything they can to make his stay as easy and comfortable as they can?

And it is not like he will be there for days on end. A few hours to a day max I would think. And then he can go on truth social and talk about how he is the victim, his base will fall for it and cry over poor Trump behind bars like he is in with the worst of the worst. His supporters will not be reasonable and say. Hey they warned him time and time again so this is his fault. They will say. Hey they are trying to silence our guy. Look how scared of him they are they wont let him speak the truth. The outrage.
    Again, it's not about how Trump would be treated in jail, or how he'd be coddled or made comfortable, it's about him being in an actual CELL, full stop, something he's never experienced in his life and openly fears. Whether it's for a day or just an hour, I maintain Trump would be wholly unable to handle any sort of forced confinement, and, if he were to be locked up without his phone, that would break him. Imagine the literal withdrawals if he can't rant and rave electronically on (Un)truth Social. THAT is what Trump is fighting and spending millions to prevent.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just when I thought they couldn't go any lower

Pro-Palestinian protesters disrupt Auschwitz remembrance march

Pro-Palestinian protesters vandalise First World War memorial

I'm tired of the media fluffing this up. This is not Pro-Palestine. Call it like it really is: Pro-Hamas. This is ultimately driven by antisemitism
    This is horrible. This is ABSOLUTELY anti-semitism, and not pro-Palestinian. I hope they catch and penalize the people who did these things!

That said, the vast majority are not protesting in favor of Hamas or FOR the destruction of Israel. They are protesting the ongoing dehumanization and eradication of the Palestinian CIVILIAN POPULACE that we are watching Netanyahu grind into the dirt. With our money.

Defacing a memorial and disrupting a day of remembrance are both terrible. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and they absolutely deserve whatever punishments they get.

Now it’s your turn to admit that 32,000 dead civilians is not justifiable retribution for 1,200, under ANY circumstance.
    Last edited by zinderel; 05-07-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I'm upset at climate change destroying life as we know it within a few years, but I am not going to disrespect Holocaust remembrance.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    This is horrible. This is ABSOLUTELY anti-semitism, and not pro-Palestinian. I hope they catch and penalize the people who did these things!

That said, the vast majority are not protesting in favor of Hamas or FOR the destruction of Israel. They are protesting the ongoing dehumanization and eradication of the Palestinian CIVILIAN POPULACE that we are watching Netanyahu grind into the dirt. With our money.

Defacing a memorial and disrupting a day of remembrance are both terrible. I hope they catch the perpetrators, and they absolutely deserve whatever punishments they get.

Now it’s your turn to admit that 32,000 dead civilians is not justifiable retribution for 1,200, under ANY circumstance.
    It is extremely difficult to deal with the Hamas and not have civilian casualties. They intentionally run their military operations in schools and hospitals, when they launched thousands of rockets on October 7th, they could care less where they hit as long as it killed Jews, when they invaded Israel they weren't going after soldiers, they chose to target civilians, specifically women and babies (even Biden had to be shown evidence of them literally beheading babies).

So of course Israel is pissed off. Any country that went through that would be. They gave Gaza a warning they're sending a Military Strike and told the civilians to evacuate. The Hamas wouldn't let them go because they needed human shields and of course when they're killed they try to play the victim card (and sadly many idiots bought it)

I'm not completely excusing Israel (I watched a video of an Israeli Soldier shooting an unarmed Palestine Grandmother right in front of her 6 year old grandchild that was trying to evacuate. He should be executed for war crimes) but if those Pro-Hamas morons want to waste time (because their stunts only cause disruptions, not make a genuine difference) and blame the party for these civilian deaths, then look at the Hamas, not Israel.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 05-07-2024 at 10:30 AM.

You're "more upset about military forces harassing innocent people.."

Are you talking about Israel's Retaliation for the October 7 massacre? Or Pro-Hamas Protestors whining about about the police being 'mean' to them?

And lets not even get into trying to excuse them for their disrespect to Aushwitz. Grandfather fought in WW2. Went to several events and met some incredible people that includes to both a soldier that liberated that camp and a survivor. The horrors they experienced there are something nobody should have to go through.
    I don’t excuse anything… Hurt feelings, disrespect… it comes and goes away. You know what you owe to the ones who are not there anymore, better than anyone else. These latter, no harm can be done to them anymore.

But there are deaths that are happening in the present day that could have been prevented. It infuriates me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Isn’t it an option to lock him until he apologises to the Judge?

I think he’d hate that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I'm upset at climate change destroying life as we know it within a few years, but I am not going to disrespect Holocaust remembrance.
    I guess because you know it wouldn’t change anything…

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Harvey Weinstein Sent Back to Rikers After THE CITY Exposed VIP Treatment

It’s curtains for Harvey Weinstein’s stay in a private hospital room.

The disgraced media mogul, 72, was moved back to the West Facility on Rikers Island hours after THE CITY reported he was being kept in a private room inside Bellevue Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit on a floor away from all other detainees.

“Your article was pretty much the reason,” Weinstein’s longtime spokesperson, Juda Engelmayer, told THE CITY Monday night.

Weinstein was given his own phone, bathroom, and television — a perk few, if any, other city detainees are afforded. He spent his days talking to his legal team and watching CNN and other television programs.

He had been moved to the Bellevue almost immediately after he was brought to Rikers Island on April 27, when an state appeals court tossed his 2020 rape conviction.

Weinstein was previously incarcerated at the Mohawk Correctional Facility, about 100 miles northwest of Albany. He was transferred to city custody after New York’s highest court vacated his conviction, ruling that a trial judge unfairly allowed jurors to see and hear evidence that was not directly related to the charges.

The decision tossed his 23-year prison sentence and called for a retrial.

Weinstein remains behind bars because of a 2022 conviction for another rape in Los Angeles. The state of California sentenced him to 16 years in that case.