Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Again, the opinion of someone who doesn’t understand sarcasm or boundaries doesn’t matter to me, much.
    And that's fine

Biden says he will cut off offensive weapons if Israel invades Rafah

President Biden said Wednesday that he would halt the shipment of U.S. offensive weapons to Israel, which he acknowledged have been used to kill civilians in Gaza, if the country moves ahead with a long-planned ground invasion of Rafah — the first time he has threatened to withhold U.S. military aid, and the most direct threat he has made in the seven-month war.
    Biden made the comments during an interview with CNN airing Wednesday evening, according to excerpts released by the network.

“Civilians have been killed in Gaza as a consequence of those bombs and other ways in which they go after population centers,” Biden said in the interview, referring to 2,000-pound bombs supplied by the U.S. “I made it clear that if they go into Rafah — they haven’t gone in Rafah yet — if they go into Rafah, I’m not supplying the weapons that have been used historically to deal with Rafah, to deal with the cities — that deal with that problem.”

Biden has long been reluctant to impose consequences on Israel despite rising pressure from prominent Democrats to condition or suspend aid altogether. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has repeatedly defied U.S. demands on major issues, despite Biden’s staunch military and diplomatic support of Israel’s assault in Gaza.
    Biden and his top aides have expended most of their energy in recent months trying to reach a weeks-long cease-fire in exchange for the release of the remaining Israeli hostages, but diplomats and those familiar with the discussions say hope is dimming that a deal between Israel and Hamas can be reached. Netanyahu has vowed to forge ahead with a Rafah invasion regardless of whether there is a deal.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I wonder what Trump would have decided if he had been president at this moment… “Let them fight” or “we keep our weapons for the defence of our country”?

Israel could decide to go very fast, a “blitz invasion”… It seems not to care about his relationships with his allies.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I wonder what Trump would have decided if he had been president at this moment… “Let them fight” or “we keep our weapons for the defence of our country”?

Israel could decide to go very fast, a “blitz invasion”… It seems not to care about his relationships with his allies.
    Trump would support Israel and what they are currently doing 100%.

As bad as Biden as handled this situation (and he has handled it very badly), Trump would be much worse.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Trump would support Israel and what they are currently doing 100%.

As bad as Biden as handled this situation (and he has handled it very badly), Trump would be much worse.
    I suspect that once the tell-all books are being released, many of you "Biden is handling this very badly folks" will reassess that.