Page 458 of 458 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458
Results 6,856 to 6,864 of 6864

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    One reason why this is so bad for Trump.

It's a HUGE news story. Journalists love this kind of story. And whether they like Trump or not, they will keep talking about this from now until, at the very least, the sentencing in 5 weeks.
    I'm predicting a number of Anti-Biden/Culture War stories to come out shortly to distract the Media & flighty viewers from bad coverage of Trump. Whether it will work, who knows, I just believe that an effort will be made to side-track things quickly

And you are burying the lede here:
    He did all that to win the 2016 elections. His win over Hillary Clinton will now always be marred by the high likelihood that he needed to commit crimes to win and was always an illegitimate president.
    People didn't care anyway. So, he committed a crime that he ironically didn't need to.

I still wonder if people would have cared if the media talked about his mob connections a fraction as much as they talked about stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I beg to differ. Trump needs precious little motivation to rant and rave at his enemies, both real and imagined. To quote Reese from The Terminator, that's what he does, that's all he does. As for his running mate, perhaps that's why Nikki Haley reversed course after almost three months and kissed the ring last week, maybe she's deluded enough to think Trump will nominate her for VP, putting her in line for the big chair should one burger too many end up being Trump's undoing. In any event, I'm all for chaos at the top of the Qpublican ticket, the more, the better.
    As for Trumps VP pick can you spell I.V.A.N.K.A!
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Talk about hypocrisy

Kremlin attacks Trump verdict as 'elimination of political rivals'

The Kremlin told reporters on Friday that Donald Trump’s guilty verdict was proof that all legal and illegal means were being used in the United States to get rid of political rivals”, Reuters is reporting.

“The fact that a de-facto elimination of political rivals by all possible legal and illegal means is going on there is obvious,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
    Russia’s communication and particularly Putin’s one always makes me think about this Frieren’s quote about daemons:
    For them, words are a means of deceiving humans.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Nahhhh, I don't think Trump will go that route, if anything, I suspect Ivanka would turn him down if asked. As near as I can tell, she's gone out of her way to distance herself from dear old dad, has been ever since Trump lost in 2020. While none of his kids made so much as a token appearance during the trial, I thought Ivanka being a no-show was even more glaring an absence than Melania's. Has the bloom worn off Trump's passion for his little girl? Who knows, but, it seems to me Ivanka wants as little to do with him as humanly possible.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Trump's guilty verdicts also ended the rather inexplicable recovery of the Trump Media stock.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 155539.jpg

Trump's guilty verdicts also ended the rather inexplicable recovery of the Trump Media stock.

Screenshot 2024-05-31 155539.jpg
    Not inexplicable. People who expect Trump to win understand that 'Truth' will become a de facto state media platform if he does.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Both live in Florida. Pres and VP can't be from the same State. Electors are not allowed to vote for a President and Vice from the same State.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Both live in Florida. Pres and VP can't be from the same State. Electors are not allowed to vote for a President and Vice from the same State.
    I think that technically they can, but they would lose Florida's electoral votes by rule, which would not be worth it. However, they could just pull a Cheney. He relocated from Texas to Wyoming.