Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Lock! Him! Up! Lock! Him! Up!

Sorry. Too soon?
    Not soon enough. He should have been on trial 2 years ago.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Another thing Biden has done for the country.

https://www.aol.com/finance/amtrak-n...210253088.html

It's a shame people don't see how much he has done. I guess the Press might mention this between articles about him being old.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Jesse Watters, Tucker Carlson's replacement at Fox News, fantasized about Trump getting a work out and a prison body after going to jail.

I know conservatives love to detach themselves from reality but if Cadet Bone Spurs didn't become Punisher in Vietnam, he's not going to become the bodybuilder, full of tattoos types Bill and Ted became when sent to prison in their second movie. His only sport is golf, which you'd think would be the most ivory tower elite sport macho types would decry. Other than the Happy Gilmore Bob Barker fight I think dart throwing is cooler.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Jesse Watters, Tucker Carlson's replacement at Fox News, fantasized about Trump getting a work out and a prison body after going to jail.

I know conservatives love to detach themselves from reality but if Cadet Bone Spurs didn't become Punisher in Vietnam, he's not going to become the bodybuilder, full of tattoos types Bill and Ted became when sent to prison in their second movie. His only sport is golf, which you'd think would be the most ivory tower elite sport macho types would decry. Other than the Happy Gilmore Bob Barker fight I think dart throwing is cooler.
    Even with his golfing, he uses the golf cart...even on the greens!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-07-2024 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post

But Trump is the reigning, defending Golf Champion of Bedminster!
    Watching television is not an activity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Another thing Biden has done for the country.

https://www.aol.com/finance/amtrak-n...210253088.html

It's a shame people don't see how much he has done. I guess the Press might mention this between articles about him being old.
    Good point. The folks who are financially struggling from the inflation are happy that evangelist Biden kept Amtrak running.

While I guess that the Feds and the state have presume innocence?

You do wonder if Illinois' politicians will ever look back at former Illinois politicians who have done time(or are doing time...), and will say to themselves "Nope. Gonna Keep My Nose Clean..."

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Good point. The folks who are financially struggling from the inflation are happy that evangelist Biden kept Amtrak running.
    Inflation in the US is under 3%. The US under Biden did better to curb inflation than most of the industrial countries. Inflation was Global.
    Wages are up, over inflation and unemployment isxat a record low.

Inflation in the US is under 3%. The US under Biden did better to curb inflation than most of the industrial countries. Inflation was Global.
    There's only one thing that will make inflation any lower. Guillotines.

Lop off a few billionaire heads and I'm pretty sure that prices will magically go down.
    Dark does not mean deep.

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/statu...25372669264050

Downballot damage wrought by Republican extremism continues to manifest in the oddest places.

US President Joe Biden’s administration paused a shipment of weapons to Israel last week in opposition to apparent moves by the Israelis to invade the southern Gaza city of Rafah, a senior administration official has said.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/ar...-war-palestine
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    https://twitter.com/umichvoter/statu...25372669264050

Downballot damage wrought by Republican extremism continues to manifest in the oddest places.
    Which is why the polls are so confusing. Almost every single election in the past 4 years shows a massive swing towards Democrats.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Plus, Biden is a Catholic. One would have to live in Russia not to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Plus, Biden is a Catholic. One would have to live in Russia not to know the difference.
    I think there was just a misreading of the first sentence;
    In January 2021, lifelong Amtrak super user and evangelist Joe Biden was inaugurated as the 46th president of the United States.
    Biden is an evangelist for public transportation, especially Railroads. He gets how far behind the rest of the First World on these, and he has done something to improve things.
    The "people are struggling, gets tiring. Are people struggling? Yes, but far less than under Trump, and far less that will be under Trump. Are their always people struggling? Yes. But a bigger majority in Congress might get that Minimum Wage increase that Biden supports and Trump and the GOP doesn't.
    Just saying "people are struggling" as if it is somehow due to Biden or that he hasn't done much to help and will do more is just meaningless.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I think there was just a misreading of the first sentence;

Biden is an evangelist for public transportation, especially Railroads. He gets how far behind the rest of the First World on these, and he has done something to improve things.
    When Biden was a Senator and lived in Delaware, he regularly took Amtrak to and from Washington. He understands the importance of railroads and how woefully far the U.S. is behind countries like Japan, England, France, Italy, Germany, South Korea, etc when it comes to high speed rail systems. I know someone who visited Japan and rode the Shinkansen (bullet train), he said that makes Amtrak's Acela look pathetic. I applaud Biden for wanting to invest in railroads.

The "people are struggling, gets tiring. Are people struggling? Yes, but far less than under Trump, and far less that will be under Trump. Are their always people struggling? Yes. But a bigger majority in Congress might get that Minimum Wage increase that Biden supports and Trump and the GOP doesn't.
    Just saying "people are struggling" as if it is somehow due to Biden or that he hasn't done much to help and will do more is just meaningless.
    The glaring chasm between the rich and the poor has been around since this country was formed, and it's not going away anytime soon, if at all. The best any president can do is to address the inequity and do all he can to alleviate it, which is what Biden is trying to do, Trump, on the other hand won't give a damn about those struggling people, we saw that first hand during the COVID crisis, he'll just pass through more tax cuts for the wealthy while gnawing away at what freedoms the rest of us still have.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!