Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Mera vs Jean Grey

Does anybody wonder who would win a battle of the redheads between Mera, Aquaman’s wife & the X-men’s Jean Grey? IMHO, Mera would be underestimated by Jean thus winning the fight in stunning fashion!
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Unless Mera is fast enough to rip some water out of Jean in a quickdraw, Jean just puts her to sleep with a thought.

Presuming some telepathic immunity to Jean's mind-whammy, I'm not sure what they're highest feats are, but it again probably comes to a quick draw if Mera can fuck with Jean's water, or failing that can lash at her with a water-strike or trap her in a hard-water shackle for a ten-count, or if Jean can tk-punch Mera to KO her, or just pin her down with psychokinesis for the ten-count.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Unless Mera is fast enough to rip some water out of Jean in a quickdraw, Jean just puts her to sleep with a thought.

Presuming some telepathic immunity to Jean's mind-whammy, I'm not sure what they're highest feats are, but it again probably comes to a quick draw if Mera can fuck with Jean's water, or failing that can lash at her with a water-strike or trap her in a hard-water shackle for a ten-count, or if Jean can tk-punch Mera to KO her, or just pin her down with psychokinesis for the ten-count.
    I've been reading a lot of Aquaman stuff lately and the problem is: which Mera? DC has so many reboots and soft reboots, it's hard to keep up with. Mera can dehydrate somebody very fast but I don't know if it compares to how fast Jean just just think: Sleep.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've been reading a lot of Aquaman stuff lately and the problem is: which Mera? DC has so many reboots and soft reboots, it's hard to keep up with. Mera can dehydrate somebody very fast but I don't know if it compares to how fast Jean just just think: Sleep.
    I don't know where Jean's powers are these days, but most recent versions of Jean can just rip Mera apart with TK. Jean might get a little thirsty but she can stop anything Mera can do and the opposite isn't true.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I don't know where Jean's powers are these days, but most recent versions of Jean can just rip Mera apart with TK. Jean might get a little thirsty but she can stop anything Mera can do and the opposite isn't true.
    I love Mera but unless I missed something she is not immune to telepathic attacks
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I can never keep track of how powerful Jean is at any given moment, what with how she's constantly flirting with the Phoenix Force. Her high end is certainly more powerful than Mera's best. At lower baseline levels, Mera at least has a superior durability which could help her withstand Jean's TK slightly longer. But Jean has an awful lot of power to bring to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    There is one story where someone is holding a gun to a hostage's head and Mera dehydrates him so fast he can't even pull the trigger. But then you get into whether that's standard high-end or an outlier, and whether it's even canon for current Mera. There are also factors like how close does Mera need to be. This was from far closer than 100 feet. Even if we assume they are aboput equal in speed, I suspect Jean can go for an insta-kill Jean might be really really dehydrated but probably still alive.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    There is one story where someone is holding a gun to a hostage's head and Mera dehydrates him so fast he can't even pull the trigger. But then you get into whether that's standard high-end or an outlier, and whether it's even canon for current Mera. There are also factors like how close does Mera need to be. This was from far closer than 100 feet. Even if we assume they are aboput equal in speed, I suspect Jean can go for an insta-kill Jean might be really really dehydrated but probably still alive.
    That's kind of where I'd figure it. Plus I'd bet Jean can directly fight Mera on the moisture (girl can restructure molecules and stuff) while Mera can do literally nothing. Maybe quickdraw-ish, but strongly favoring most versions of Jean. That said, I have positively zero clue where she is these days.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan