Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Beyond Food, huh? I wonder if this mini-series is specifically for tying up some loose ends from Beyond itself?
    I mean, if Wells is winding down...his run technically did start with Beyond.

DC Reddit's character of the month is... Spider-Man! Apparently the theme for the vote was crossovers. So who remembers when he teamed up with Superman? That's actually happened three times - twice in one-shots in the 70s then again in Marvel vs DC/DC vs Marvel in the 90s.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...nth_spiderman/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    DC Reddit's character of the month is... Spider-Man! Apparently the theme for the vote was crossovers. So who remembers when he teamed up with Superman? That's actually happened three times - twice in one-shots in the 70s then again in Marvel vs DC/DC vs Marvel in the 90s.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...nth_spiderman/
    Oh, yeah. Those were fun. And of course, the somewhat more famous team-ups with Batman in the 90s, the first having them take on a team-up of Carnage and the Joker, which fell apart because Joker was disgusted by Carnage's lack of "artistry" and Carnage felt like Joker was a big letdown, then the second having them take on Kingpin and Ra's al Ghul, which also fell apart when Kingpin learned Ra's had deliberately poisoned his wife to make him a more willing ally to his schemes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like Ben tries to troll Peter with stuff like this but all it got was another date for him with Michele.

Michele's interesting. Personally I'm starting to like Shay however, her banter and fiery personality in the FCBD issue was very early MJish, or maybe I'm just being nostalgic. Not that I expect them to do anything consistent or long lasting with either(though I'd personally like to see that with Shay being that MJ's aunt for some reason likes her and thinks her and Peter will hit it off. Maybe Shay reminds her of a younger MJ or something and thats why I get the vibes?).

Either way, Peter's "luck" never ceases to amaze.
    Last edited by Majesty; 05-11-2024 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I feel like Ben tries to troll Peter with stuff like this but all it got was another date for him with Michele.

Michele's interesting. Personally I'm starting to like Shay however, her banter and fiery personality in the FCBD issue was very early MJish, or maybe I'm just being nostalgic. Not that I expect them to do anything consistent or long lasting with either(though I'd personally like to see that with Shay being that MJ's aunt for some reason likes her and thinks her and Peter will hit it off. Maybe Shay reminds her of a younger MJ or something and thats why I get the vibes?).

Either way, Peter's "luck" never ceases to amaze.
    Is this why that happened? They never really explained it.

Shay was at least written in a way where I can see why Peter would like her compared to Michelle even if nobody should really be coming to Wells ASM for good romance.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this why that happened? They never really explained it.

Shay was at least written in a way where I can see why Peter would like her compared to Michelle even if nobody should really be coming to Wells ASM for good romance.
    The FCBD issue pretty strongly implies spoilers:
    the Living Brain is responsible for both the Michelle 2.0 and the Shay dates. The Living Brain apparently spoofed Aunt Anna, which makes sense as Aunt Anna, when written in character, is ride or die MJ and Peter just like Aunt May. And the Living Brain also negged Michelle 2.0 because, reasons, like it needed to go to all the rigamarole to get Peter to restaurants where it can pass on messages (there was also a message for Peter in the first Shay date, but he had already run out to help Betty so he missed it. And Shay apparently decided she didn’t need to take it and pass it on, nice of you, Shay) instead of, y’know, the Living Brain just telling Peter directly :shrug
    end of spoilers

So, no. It wasn’t Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Beyond Food, huh? I wonder if this mini-series is specifically for tying up some loose ends from Beyond itself?
    Amazing Spider-Man 92.BEY had Morbius and the Lizard teaming up at the very end, and the Daughters of the Dragon were in that story, too, so no doubt that’s part of it.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 05-11-2024 at 11:47 AM.
    “I always figured if I were a superhero, there’s no way on God's earth that I'm gonna pal around with some teenager."

— Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    The FCBD issue pretty strongly implies spoilers:
    the Living Brain is responsible for both the Michelle 2.0 and the Shay dates. The Living Brain apparently spoofed Aunt Anna, which makes sense as Aunt Anna, when written in character, is ride or die MJ and Peter just like Aunt May. And the Living Brain also negged Michelle 2.0 because, reasons, like it needed to go to all the rigamarole to get Peter to restaurants where it can pass on messages (there was also a message for Peter in the first Shay date, but he had already run out to help Betty so he missed it. And Shay apparently decided she didn’t need to take it and pass it on, nice of you, Shay) instead of, y’know, the Living Brain just telling Peter directly :shrug
    end of spoilers
    That makes so much sense, even though I have my doubts that Wells and Lowe will reveal any of that during the upcoming arc - they are the masters at f**king up and simply writing characters OOC for the purposes of getting their plot goala in the stories done. Also they've been leaving crumbs of plot points only later to be dropped and left forgotten (like in issues #7 and #9). Guess we'll see.
    Here's the thing I don't understand - Michelle said that Peter *called* her, not *texted*. So unless LB has/developed the ability to produce a voice through the phone and mimics Peter voice, I dunno ...