Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Really, I thought Dixon did good work. Also Jamie Campbell did great mini story with them. I also thought summer of lies was good. They have had some nice adventures. I think what would be next for them is some kind of epic
    IDK, I always thought it felt rather forced prior. Same with most of Bruce and Selina's interactions post-Crisis up until King's run.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    IDK, I always thought it felt rather forced prior. Same with most of Bruce and Selina's interactions post-Crisis up until King's run.
    The only reason Taylor could write them so smoothly together is because of how Dixon set them up in my opinion, and even then I felt like there was more depth to their relationship back then.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only reason Taylor could write them so smoothly together is because of how Dixon set them up in my opinion, and even then I felt like there was more depth to their relationship back then.
    Proably because we would see her in his life in his book and him in her life in her book. We had that for a year with the batgirls book. I enjoyed some of it but 3 main characters seem tough for that book among some tone issues.

Extraordinary Member

There was more angst. Not the same thing.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, isn't that a part of any relationship? It can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time.

It was the late 90s. Angst was in fashion back then.

Extraordinary Member

I mean, isn't that a part of any relationship? It can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time.
    I mean yes and no? Superman and Lois arnt complicated. Spiderman and MJ more
    Complicated then it should ever be.

I mean can you think of somthing that would cause a bump in their relationship? A reason why one couldn’t be happy with the other together. I can’t but help and think of this moment from regular show. Dating doesn’t need to complicated. They can just be happy

I didn't see people complaining about Wally and Linda's relationship when Adams was writing them, and it was pretty drama-free.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I didn't see people complaining about Wally and Linda's relationship when Adams was writing them, and it was pretty drama-free.
    And it was all the better for it, especially coming off of Wally getting back in the saddle, though I feel like conflict was inevitably going to step in (maybe not exactly the way Spurrier was doing it).

Once they got past Babs reluctance their relationship was pretty smooth under Dixon, except for the Last Laugh fallout which didn’t last long. Most of their drama comes with DC trying to find reasons for them not to be together.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Because nobody was reading it.

Extraordinary Member

Was reading boy wonder again
    I missed the baby formula line !

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Because nobody was reading it.
    That's not even true.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I was reminded of the NIGHTWING-CYCLE today. Any recent sightings?

or even the TITANS-cycle?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

The thing is, it was nothing but angst all the time. The whole melodrama-filled will they/won't they thing got really tired after awhile.