Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I hate green lipstick on Lorna. I can see it all characters like Viper, but it looks too weird on Lorna. I don't recall when that first started -- maybe later X-Factor --- or maybe Brubaker run of X-Men?
    lipstick you mean it's not a mutation? I thought Lorna just had green lips?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    lipstick you mean it's not a mutation? I thought Lorna just had green lips?
    She has light green lips. She use darker green lip color or red to cover it. Her light green eyes are gone in her old age of slavery. Does she stay up there forever no breaks? I hoped she would be omega by then as pure energy form but she stayed lower level. Val Cooper probably sold her out.

For the record, for future internet architects looking at this thread - Lorna does not have green lips.

I also hate the green lipstick choices, it makes no sense and is ugly.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Astonishing Member

I wish Marvel would make Lorna's She Hulk look her second mutation.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I wish Marvel would make Lorna's She Hulk look her second mutation.
    Well, technically, it is. It's just dormant, like a recessive gene. Theoretically, she has 3 independent mutant genes. Electromagnetism inherited from her biological father. The empathy-bomb my headcanon determined she inherited from her mother. And the pathogen / substance manipulation abilities imbued in her by Apocalypse (that were wildly inconsistent but in the ultimate aftermath, was deemed a mutant gene by proxy). She experienced the "passive" abilities related to the third one for a long time afterward - in fact it hasn't been established if she still does or does not experience those.

Edit:

Aww! This was my 500th post! And just like a year ago, I only had 80 in all these years.
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 05-03-2024 at 04:41 PM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I decided to see if this thread was just taking crazy pills or that others far outside it even outside the English speaking world had an issue with Polaris being radically separated from the Genosha story and frankly all the events pertaining to Magneto along with Wanda and Pietro who even if they go with Lorna doesn’t know her parentage they should have cared he was on trial and then captured and presumed dead.

The answer is the exact same debate that has been going on here has been going on across the world with fans and with the same divide. Fans of other characters and even Lorna/Havolaris fans whose “definitive take” on the characters existence was set 30-40 years ago are fine with the Genosha erasure and don’t frankly care if they never dig the character out of 1992 land.

For those attached to the characters story over the past 25 years they have a radically different point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I decided to see if this thread was just taking crazy pills or that others far outside it even outside the English speaking world had an issue with Polaris being radically separated from the Genosha story and frankly all the events pertaining to Magneto along with Wanda and Pietro who even if they go with Lorna doesn’t know her parentage they should have cared he was on trial and then captured and presumed dead.

The answer is the exact same debate that has been going on here has been going on across the world with fans and with the same divide. Fans of other characters and even Lorna/Havolaris fans whose “definitive take” on the characters existence was set 30-40 years ago are fine with the Genosha erasure and don’t frankly care if they never dig the character out of 1992 land.

For those attached to the characters story over the past 25 years they have a radically different point of view.
    It is the same debate.

I believe you posted a comprehensive compilation of significant Polaris character moments here a long time ago - a post-X-Factor/Genosha and beyond Polaris fan perspective - with many follow-up posts.

I wonder what the same comprehensive compilation would look like from a Polaris fan perspective that is not invested or interested in post-X-Factor Polaris.

The early/mid 90’s version of Polaris is a permanent supporting character. Safe. Stable. Regular appearances. There’s comfort for some fans in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I wonder what the same comprehensive compilation would look like from a Polaris fan perspective that is not invested or interested in post-X-Factor Polaris.
    We actually do have that, it's the "official" Polaris reading list.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/guides/1102/polaris

This was thrown together before Krakoa, so it can't be faulted for not including those parts. But you can see that with the exceptions of her first issue and Giant-Size X-Men, everything else is steeped in Claremont, Havok, or X-Factor. Completely excludes the Genoshan genocide, no Austen issues, nothing involving the Maximoff twins. In short, it's a "get to know Havok's (ex-)girlfriend" reading list rather than an actual Polaris reading list. Every single one of the stories listed except her introductory story emphasizes Havolaris drama. Three of them (Dane Curse, Decimation, Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire) come from an angle of presenting Lorna as a damsel that needs Havok to save her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    We actually do have that, it's the "official" Polaris reading list.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/guides/1102/polaris

This was thrown together before Krakoa, so it can't be faulted for not including those parts. But you can see that with the exceptions of her first issue and Giant-Size X-Men, everything else is steeped in Claremont, Havok, or X-Factor. Completely excludes the Genoshan genocide, no Austen issues, nothing involving the Maximoff twins. In short, it's a "get to know Havok's (ex-)girlfriend" reading list rather than an actual Polaris reading list. Every single one of the stories listed except her introductory story emphasizes Havolaris drama. Three of them (Dane Curse, Decimation, Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire) come from an angle of presenting Lorna as a damsel that needs Havok to save her.
    I wonder if the Marvel site is open to submit updates for their current character close up. It is very thin. Maybe someone on the team that creates the lists posts on this board. Interesting they skipped all the way from x-Factor to Decimation too!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I wonder if the Marvel site is open to submit updates for their current character close up. It is very thin. Maybe someone on the team that creates the lists posts on this board. Interesting they skipped all the way from x-Factor to Decimation too!
    That list is horrible. If no issue after 90s X-Factor to Decimation is on your list something is very wrong.

I did think that the Duggan era did pretty well with Lorna. The key faults of Duggan era Lorna was not enough on her background struggles and motivations and was dropped way too hard just as she started working very well and breaking out which might have been a decision above him. It still managed to be the best run with her in over a decade somehow.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-04-2024 at 04:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Lorna and Magneto don’t even know they’re related yet.
    What is the debate?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 05-04-2024 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Lorna and Magneto don’t even know they’re related yet.
    What is the debate?
    While they don’t have this established in the X-Men 97 universe, it’s more than understandable for someone who cares about these things to be upset about the cartoon acting like they don’t matter. A connection exists in most other media that they expect to have an impact on this media. The decision to act like it doesn’t matter was a choice.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    While they don’t have this established in the X-Men 97 universe, it’s more than understandable for someone who cares about these things to be upset about the cartoon acting like they don’t matter. A connection exists in most other media that they expect to have an impact on this media. The decision to act like it doesn’t matter was a choice.
    I have no doubt the parentage issue will be touched on in time, but Magneto’s family even outside Lorna never really mattered in the big scheme in TAS as it was always heavily based on the Claremont era wherein he was no fan of Pietro and Wanda’s parentage because the Avengers side established it and told the story before him.

The Magnus family on the x-books started in the mid 90s and after and only got big around the early 00s.

It’s easy enough for his family to appear for an episode and fight Magneto or have a tearful whatever or both as we saw in one ep with Wanda and Pietro in TAS. It’s much more difficult for them to matter in terms of the series as a whole. Magneto has more then enough foils and the series has never been big on him having a team for long.
    Last edited by jmc247; 05-04-2024 at 05:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member

We still have to get to Havok and Cyclops realizing they’re brothers too.
    If there is a Lorna family revelation, it may happen at the same time as Alex, most likely they’ll be together.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We still have to get to Havok and Cyclops realizing they’re brothers too.
    If there is a Lorna family revelation, it may happen at the same time as Alex, most likely they’ll be together.
    Sadly, you’re probably right, cause Beau DeMayo has no concept of Lorna as anything other than Havok’s girlfriend.