Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1473

Seriously a stupid decision that has got me heated as I was very anticipated to play as one of my fav characters of all media. Just a stupid choice. Here's to hoping we still see Betsy as Captain Britain in this game. Please Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Evidently, Marvel made a huge mess out of the Psylocke brand, which doesn't help either Betsy or Kwannon.
    Those of you who follow games, is this the first game that releases after Kwannon returned in Krakoa?
    I'm not speaking about games that had been going before Krakoa started.
    Because if this is the first time a Marvel Game has to face the whole "Psylocke is Betsy or Kwannon?" thing... than it doesn't bode well. That they would go the third way (and Sai doesn't even get the Psylocke monicker, she was called Psylocke only in solicits, and as Redjack told us, solicits and marketing blurbs aren't that much accurate) just to avoid choosing is... worrisome.
    Psylocke is Kwannon now - if you want Psylocke you make Kwannon. Not bloody Sai! *roll eyes*

*Ah ah, sorry. Got heated. And I don't even play games!*
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

I think there are like three phone games.
    Idk what they’re called though

I've been predicting that just as we're seeing Betsy get more and more sidelined in the comics, we can expect to see the same in other media. She's become too touchy and problematic a character unfortunately. There are learned X-Men fans here on CBR who still call Betsy a racist and feel she intentionally stole a WOC's body and sat around in it for decades just for kicks. If that's what actual comic fans believe, then I can see why Marvel is so reluctant to use her in anything else because all it takes is some rather ignorant comments to kick up a social media storm and cancel culture about Betsy and Kwannon's intertwined history. Much safer to not touch her at all or give the Psylocke codename to a total rando.

For example, even when it comes to the movies, I'm seeing posts here divided on whether she should be Caucasian or Asian in ethnicity. If they cast her as the original British Betsy, people will claim this is whitewashing. And even people familiar with Kwannon being a different character will cry racism as they see a white woman being given an opportunity over a WOC. They'll say Marvel could have used Kwannon instead of Betsy. If Betsy gets cast as Asian in ethnicity, then people will still claim this is racist because it's perpetuating the yellowface of the comics (even if she's mean to be born with Asian descent in the movies) or because it's still sidelining an actual WOC character, Kwannon, to give us Betsy's character instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 139407

Interesting that they decided to go this direction

Why does Marvel do this to themselves.

Should have just kept it as Psylocke and Revanche.
    Sai could've been the alt skin, but the main character? A choice...

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Sai could've been the alt skin, but the main character? A choice...
    Love the Psylockes in your avatar. Care to share a link to the arts, please please?
    "I know who I am. I'm a warrior.
    Bad things happen in battle. Warriors get hard. It comes with the territory."

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I've been predicting that just as we're seeing Betsy get more and more sidelined in the comics, we can expect to see the same in other media. She's become too touchy and problematic a character unfortunately. There are learned X-Men fans here on CBR who still call Betsy a racist and feel she intentionally stole a WOC's body and sat around in it for decades just for kicks. If that's what actual comic fans believe, then I can see why Marvel is so reluctant to use her in anything else because all it takes is some rather ignorant comments to kick up a social media storm and cancel culture about Betsy and Kwannon's intertwined history. Much safer to not touch her at all or give the Psylocke codename to a total rando.

For example, even when it comes to the movies, I'm seeing posts here divided on whether she should be Caucasian or Asian in ethnicity. If they cast her as the original British Betsy, people will claim this is whitewashing. And even people familiar with Kwannon being a different character will cry racism as they see a white woman being given an opportunity over a WOC. They'll say Marvel could have used Kwannon instead of Betsy. If Betsy gets cast as Asian in ethnicity, then people will still claim this is racist because it's perpetuating the yellowface of the comics (even if she's mean to be born with Asian descent in the movies) or because it's still sidelining an actual WOC character, Kwannon, to give us Betsy's character instead.
    In Marvel Future Fight Betsy is Psylocke and they gave her a skin of her Krakoan Hellfire Gala look.

She's also CB in Contest of Champions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r5t7HKwZLs&t=95s

As far as I know I don't think Kwannon has been officially named in a game yet? Marvel SNAP has Psylocke cards but they're either of Sai or Betsy (there's a Crimson Dawn card). They're adding her as Captain Britain soon too.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sai taking over as the main Psylocke because she doesn't have the mess while Betsy can join things as CB or just Betsy Braddock in her mutant glory. Kinda love that. Sucks for Kwannon though.

Lmao. This is kinda too funny. Demon Days was very popular and it sold fairly well. TBH Sai's inclusion is not that surprising all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Those of you who follow games, is this the first game that releases after Kwannon returned in Krakoa?
    Marvel Super War was released a few months into the Krakoa era. Psylocke was Betsy, sporting both the classic Jim Lee ninja and Disassembled costumes, along with a few random original skins.

Honestly? It's understandable that occasional readers might perceive Betsy as the privileged white woman who callously took over the body of a poor Japanese woman, because that is the narrative that has been reinforced by Krakoa era writers over the past five years. We, as hardcore Betsy fans, know that this interpretation is far from accurate. We know that Betsy was kidnapped, brainwashed, and forced into Kwannon's body against her will, enduring unspeakable trauma, including rape by Matsuo. We're aware of Betsy's repeated expressions of disgust at what was done to her. We also know that Kwannon, in turn, "stole" Betsy's body as well and used it for her own violent ends. But for occasional readers, this nuanced understanding may be lost. All they've seen is Betsy herself expressing reluctance to confront Kwannon and admitting she "stole" Kwannon's body and life (in Excalibur's first issue, no less. How do you expect readers to cheer for your lead character when she says this in the first issue without ever clarifying what actually happened?). Then, there's Kwannon directing her anger towards Betsy only (not Mat'suo, not the Hand, not Mandarin, not Nyorin), further complicating matters. This lack of clarity can fuel negative sentiments towards Betsy, especially on social media platforms, where opinions can be easily amplified. Additionally, instances such as Leah Williams' misinterpretation of the body swap arc only add to the confusion, perpetuating the misconception that Betsy refused to return to her body simply because she hated it. Ultimately, the Krakoa era has left a sour taste when it comes to Betsy in the eyes of occasional readers, and it may take time for perceptions to shift and for people to warm up to Betsy once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightpryde View Post
    Random question but who do you guys want Betsy to form a friendship with?

I'd have to go with Roberto , I think they could have alot in common and I think they'd be good friends. I'd love for her to have more friendships overall.
    Instead of new friends, I would like to see Betsy reunited with her old ones like: Dazzler, Wolverine, Storm... i mean, these hugs are tradition!
    I don't remember her last interaction with Dazzler, Wolverine was Astonishing X-Men (?) and Storm was with her in Uncanny X-Men (2019), but neither of them had interaction with her as Captain Britain.

In fact, the person who interacted with them was Kwannon. With Wolverine being in Uncanny X-Men (2019) and Dazzler in Fallen Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    As far as I know I don't think Kwannon has been officially named in a game yet?
    Not named but I remember her Revanche skin in Psylocke's character on X-Men Next Dimension.
    Last edited by HOXOR; 05-09-2024 at 05:16 AM.
    "Fly, Like a Butterfly"
    (Twitter/X: twitter.com/AlanHoxor)

It was so crazy how all of them were in X of Swords together and never said a word. Betsy and Storm were even standing next to each other a lot of the time.

Actually, I think she might have exchanged some words with Logan but he was being rude to Brian so it wasn't a warm interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    It was so crazy how all of them were in X of Swords together and never said a word. Betsy and Storm were even standing next to each other a lot of the time.

Actually, I think she might have exchanged some words with Logan but he was being rude to Brian so it wasn't a warm interaction.
    I agree that was disappointing. I was so hyped for that event, the set up felt so good but the. The execution… very underwhelming.

I’m super excited for her to interact qith Sage again and I’m very curious to read her and Forge but I do agree I need more scenes of Betsy and her closest friends: Storm, Logan, Dazzer and Kurt. I miss her with those 4 !
    A picture would last longer darling...

She honestly isnt though. Its all the 2019/GenZ fans calling her a body snatcher and yellow face. Even though she was a victim too.

And I heard that internally Marvel is divided on Betsy. So thats not a good sign.

In regards to friendships that someone else posted.

I would like her and Polaris do become better acquaintances.

Also I don't need her to be friends with everyone but I want her to have interaction with Emma again.

A bonding session with Gambit and Logan.
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-09-2024 at 10:46 AM.

Now I pray that the captain britain tv show rumor is reak and we get Betsy in it because if she was not it wouldn't make any sense.

I really want her to be a main character in the TV show and tbh I think for Captain Britain the MCU will be going for a South Asian route , idk why?

My dream would be that she's a strike agent and part time model in the tv show.

Yeah the smartest thing to do for the MCU is to introduce her with her brother. IDK who Kevin Feige wants as Captain Britain but she can be the female lead in whatever movie that is becuase honestly in an X-Men movie she would be overshadowed and not given enough to do. Her being a STRIKE agent with TP/TK would be great.