Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Yep...the fact that he's nowhere to be found in the big event for the Superfamily is pretty glaring. He only exists to show up in pride specials now. They don't know what to do with him outside of that.
    It's not really. Damian was missing during Joker War and during Future State he was not only missing but no mention was made regarding the character's where abouts until after the event was over.

I think you guys are reading too much into it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Yep...the fact that he's nowhere to be found in the big event for the Superfamily is pretty glaring. He only exists to show up in pride specials now. They don't know what to do with him outside of that.
    I guess we’ll see when absolute power starts

Mighty Member

I would love Jon to be de-aged back before BMB took over as I feel that was disastrous for the character. Or DC can have their cake and eat it too by having little Jon come back secretly being held hostage by Jor-El and this was a clone and he could still be SuperJon and we could get Super Sons back. He was only SORASED because Bendis wanted to write for a teen character. As for him being gay/bi I feel that was unnecessary. I'd have enjoyed seeing him fall for a Lana Lang type character since Clark took his family to the farm. So, Clark has the city girl in Lois and in a nice little irony, his son gets the country girl and not dumping her like Clark did Lana.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I would love Jon to be de-aged back before BMB took over as I feel that was disastrous for the character. Or DC can have their cake and eat it too by having little Jon come back secretly being held hostage by Jor-El and this was a clone and he could still be SuperJon and we could get Super Sons back. He was only SORASED because Bendis wanted to write for a teen character. As for him being gay/bi I feel that was unnecessary. I'd have enjoyed seeing him fall for a Lana Lang type character since Clark took his family to the farm. So, Clark has the city girl in Lois and in a nice little irony, his son gets the country girl and not dumping her like Clark did Lana.
    How would that work bringing back an 11 year old Jon back? Superman and Lois would have 3 minors, that’s significant. It’s can’t be ignored. How can supersons return with little Jon if Damian is in high school ? The world hasn’t stopped moving. You can’t put lil Jon back here

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    He already had such a girl. Before he was aged up, he was friends with the girl next door, Kathy, whose grandfather was a farmer, who died. She turned out to be an alien, becoming a superhero called Beacon, but immediately after she took that name, Bendis took over, Jon was aged up, and Kathy vanished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How would that work bringing back an 11 year old Jon back? Superman and Lois would have 3 minors, that’s significant. It’s can’t be ignored. How can supersons return with little Jon if Damian is in high school ? The world hasn’t stopped moving. You can’t put lil Jon back here
    Technically, they always can pull something like ''Jon indeed spent a few years captive by Ultraman/Jor-El/any other asshole, and he's now the same age as Damian, and the teen Jon is a clone/another variant/some kind of anomaly''.
    But they're not gonna do it, at least not anytime soon.

Spectacular Member

I’m expecting a deage after the next crisis tbh. Jon’ll be 13/14 I guess.

Capture d'écran 2024-05-14 211629.jpg

Jon's cameo in Outsiders #7

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Technically, they always can pull something like ''Jon indeed spent a few years captive by Ultraman/Jor-El/any other asshole, and he's now the same age as Damian, and the teen Jon is a clone/another variant/some kind of anomaly''.
    But they're not gonna do it, at least not anytime soon.
    so the solution is to create a third no a fourth superboy? And what Damian has to just decide oh im gonna hang out with the other one now? The one we have had all this time is an imposter? I mean sure the comics could do it, its happened before but it would make no sense. Its not a solution is a cope. How much of a difference do you expect from ageing Jon down from 18 to 15? when we got him back he was 17. His personality isnt gonna change, is it to get him away from jay , call up a magician we can age him down too, the only thing this does is make Connor worthless to DC

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    the only thing this does is make Connor worthless to DC
    Conner

In such a scenario they'd simply phased out the older/clone Jon and cash in on nostalgia for Super Sons/Rebirth era.

No need to worry about Conner, a character like him has endeared through worse and will continue to do so regardless of what happens because at end of the day he's still universally loved by the fanbase something you can't say about teen Jon.

The best I can say he's achieved is begrudging acceptance but I've no doubt the majority would take his child version back in a heartbeat given all the discourse around it still hasn't gone away in all these years, even fans of the age-up like yourself seem to be in perpetually foul mood because of it, frankly when there's this much toxicity and biiterness on both sides around a character it really sucks all the fun out of it which is what comics ultimately should be about.
    Last edited by walk; 05-14-2024 at 03:36 PM.

Mighty Member

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 05-14-2024 at 04:00 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Conner

In such a scenario they'd simply phased out the older/clone Jon and cash in on nostalgia for Super Sons/Rebirth era.

No need to worry about Conner, a character like him has endeared through worse and will continue to do so regardless of what happens because at end of the day he's still universally loved by the fanbase something you can't say about teen Jon.

The best I can say he's achieved is begrudging acceptance but I've no doubt the majority would take his child version back in a heartbeat given all the discourse around it still hasn't gone away in all these years, even fans of the age-up like yourself seem to be in perpetually foul mood because of it, frankly when there's this much toxicity and biiterness on both sides around a character it really sucks all the fun out of it which is what comics ultimately should be about.
    There was too much money to be made off of kid Jon Kent and Supersons.

I mean let Jon handle the preteen adventures and let Conner enjoy the 18-21ish life in college.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

Heck you can sort of still have it now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There was too much money to be made off of kid Jon Kent and Supersons.

I mean let Jon handle the preteen adventures and let Conner enjoy the 18-21ish life in college.

That way you get the best of both worlds.

Heck you can sort of still have it now.
    We have Otho and Osul here now to do pre-teen adventures. So a boy and girl.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Conner

Conner isn't universally loved, if he was his last series would have sold better.
    I don't think Jon is a threat to Conner simply because you can't tell Conner stories with Jon.

Conner has a niche in the franchise. TeenJon's doesn't really have a niche that can be mined for lots of story. He's Clark's bio kid but since Clark has adopted kids the father son dynamic can be written with the twins.

This isn't a Damian and Bruce dynamic where the father and son are like oil and water or where father and son grew up with different ideologies making their relationship rife with possibilities.

Teenjon does have his fans. They are not as many as the supersons fans but they are there and there is the potential for growth.

TeenJon can still be evolved into a more nuanced character.

I don't think DC will bring back kid jon. Fans have been complaining and yet the Super Sons Omni's sell well enough to warrant 2 omni's last year alone.

I think DC will keep publishing stories set in the past while keeping teen Jon and Damian around or we might get the teen trinity we are currently seeing in Ww along with Supersons stories set in the past.

They really just need to knock of 3 years make him 14 so he can have somewhat of a youth again