Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Where is this from?

One of the stories from the spring break issue out yesterday.

This is a badly put together attempt I did of both parts of what I believe was supposed to be one pic
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

With all fanart out there that depicts Conner with darker skin and the high amount of black cosplayers rocking the 90's Superboy costume it does seem like Conner one of those characters the black community has semi co-opted and sort of adopted as one of their own.

It does tend to happen to characters who have a certain "flair" and energy about them, I only started to realise how popular Gambit was among black fans while watching X-men 97 reactions and Remy and 90's Superboy do share a similiar swagger and style.

It even seems to extend to black writers, Christopher Priest was always sneaking him into his books back in the 90's, Dorado Quick had him in that backup in Action Comics with Nat, Jarrett Williams featured him pretty prominently in Speedforce and I noticed Michael Dorn in Steelworks tended to give him more lines than the other Superfamily who weren't the Steels.

Maybe all coincidental but an amusing thought all the same.

Mighty Member

Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 9.57.31 PM.jpg

Mal Duncan felt the same way.

Never noticed that about Gambit but then again he was always one of my brother's favourite X-Men

Everyone can tell that SB was and is cool asf,and cool crosses any differences people have
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

I do miss Tom Grummett work

Mighty Member

youngjusticesuperboywondergirlnauck.jpg

eAmUenUP_1808141809541.jpg

Need more Todd Nauck Superboy and Wonder Girl

Mighty Member

Anyone have any Kon fancast they like?

I sometimes wonder if given the chance at the time would the writers have embraced and built up the idea of Conner being a mentor/big bro/cool uncle figure to kid Jon the way fandom has and turned them into a duo.

I get why no one does anything with them now as there's not much of a dynamic to play up and there's just an inherent redundancy to having two teenage "Superboys" who look near identical and don't no one care enough about the Supertwins be it creator or fan to do something similar with them.

That two non-canon works embraced the idea makes me think there might of be something there but I guess well never know.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

I sometimes wonder if given the chance at the time would the writers have embraced and built up the idea of Conner being a mentor/big bro/cool uncle figure to kid Jon the way fandom has and turned them into a duo.

I get why no one does anything with them now as there's not much of a dynamic to play up and there's just an inherent redundancy to having two teenage "Superboys" who look near identical and don't no one care enough about the Supertwins be it creator or fan to do something similar with them.

That two non-canon works embraced the idea makes me think there might of be something there but I guess well never know.

The ultimate lost opportunity,the one thing that would be so.much fun that it would unite us all.

It's funny though that YJ and the webtoon got it right, relationships and friendships,but 5hose jokers at DC couldn't do it UGH

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Conner with an big old battle ax, I like it.

Also I love how in comparison to Bat's the Supers have no hang-ups about using firearms there like ]"My powers are temporarily gone? Ok let me get the biggest gun I can find."

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

Is it me, or does Kara’s hair look excessively big in that top panel? Like, almost as big as Kon’s battle axe.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Interesting thread that examines Conner costume history and a deeper look at how they've all been reflective of the time period they were introduced and highlight the evolution/stagnation of the character.

https://twitter.com/dyingscribe/stat...56591902801976

Mighty Member

Glad it says the new 52 Superboy suit is raw cuz it is.

I do wonder collectively how much money this guy has spent on all the ConnerxCassandra artwork he's had made by various artists over the years, commissions from what I hear aren't cheap.

At this point it might've been more financially sound to have sent himself to art school where he could've gained the skills to draw it himself.