Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Wish I'd Never Been Born at All, a Ben Reilly fanfic I found on Archive of Our Own that diverges from the Clone Conspiracy's backstory. Lots of angst, given all he's been through by the time Peter and Kaine manage to find and save him from Miles Warren's clutches, and a nod to the fact that Peter and Mary Jane (who are still together or together again here) were supposed to have a daughter that would have been a toddler at that point, though despite the title, it ends up being pretty hopeful, all things considered.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Ben Reilly vs. The Joker by Steven Butler:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Love it! Why the golden web-shooters tho?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Love it! Why the golden web-shooters tho?
    Callback to how Marvel vs. DC opened with Ben Reilly/Spider-Man encountering the Joker, and having no clue who he was since he wasn't the Spider-Man that teamed up with Batman to fight him?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Callback to how Marvel vs. DC opened with Ben Reilly/Spider-Man encountering the Joker, and having no clue who he was since he wasn't the Spider-Man that teamed up with Batman to fight him?
    What’s weird about that callback is in the Spidey/Batman crossover they live in a shared universe (Gotham is just another city in the US that Pete travels to), but in Marvel/DC they are from two distinct universes that are part of the multiverse. So it renders the original impossible, but somehow it’s still canon? *shrug*
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    What’s weird about that callback is in the Spidey/Batman crossover they live in a shared universe (Gotham is just another city in the US that Pete travels to), but in Marvel/DC they are from two distinct universes that are part of the multiverse. So it renders the original impossible, but somehow it’s still canon? *shrug*
    I think that may just be Joker breaking the fourth wall in a weird way lol

Can't remember if this was ever shared, but someone commissioned Patrick Gleason to draw Beyond Ben. Found it on here: https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...?Piece=1999587

"Had the opportunity to get a commission done by Pat, so I figured unmasked Spider-Man Beyond. He designed the Beyond costume after all. The only real direction I gave him, was to make Ben happy. His character after the Beyond arc is miserable and unrecognizable. I appreciated the background he added, which was definitely a surprise."

Miserable and unrecognizable indeed brother. Give us the real Ben back