Attachment 139208

Steel potentially appearing in MAWS!
    Awesome! That's a start!

GREEN LANTERN: WAR JOURNAL #12

Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON
    Art and cover by MONTOS
    Variant cover by MARK SPEARS
    DC Super Powers variant cover by JASON GEYER and ALEX SAVIUK
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/21/24
    It has all led to this! As John Stewart and his allies fight to beat back an invasion by Olgrun and the Old Gods, John Henry and Natasha Irons and the sentient construct known as Ellie Stewart fight to save Shirley Stewart from the vengeance of Star Shroud…and the survival of METROPOLIS hangs in the balance! Can John Stewart make it back to Earth in time to save his mother and his city? And can the entire Stewart family and their allies survive such an onslaught? Characters die, and the status quo is changed forever in this FINAL CLIMACTIC ISSUE!
    Wish this ran longer but I’m hoping for a good showing from both Johns. Also hopefully Irons is involved in DC vs. Vampires 2 since he survived the first story.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Was pretty meh about this year Pride issue but I will say this look for Nat was cute and they should consider making the lesbian flag dye job permanent as it really does help stand apart from the crowd when out of costume.

Though I do still have misgivings about them completely ignoring her past relationships with men, I actually liked her thing ill-defined thing with "Boris" back in Priest series, feels less like Nat realising she's gay at a later point in life and more that current editorial didn't bothered to read anything about her past the recent Lana Lang Superwoman run and knowing that's she's never been a particularly popular character few if any would care if the semi-retconned her into a lesbian.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post

Was pretty meh about this year Pride issue but I will say this look for Nat was cute and they should consider making the lesbian flag dye job permanent as it really does help stand apart from the crowd when out of costume.

Though I do still have misgivings about them completely ignoring her past relationships with men, I actually liked her thing ill-defined thing with "Boris" back in Priest series, feels less like Nat realising she's gay at a later point in life and more that current editorial didn't bothered to read anything about her past the recent Lana Lang Superwoman run and knowing that's she's never been a particularly popular character few if any would care if the semi-retconned her into a lesbian.
    It's not that folks don't care but you are talking about a person who was in a run that is not fully collected in trades if not at all.

In fact a lot of material before New 52 is not in trade and the few that is had her looking at women aside from Titans where she was somewhat flirting with Supergirl potential boyfriend before Bendis tossed him away in Ben Rubel.

So nobody is going to complain about material that they have not seen.

Remember she had a twin brother-aside from Convergence-he hasn't been seen in 20 years nor most of that family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not that folks don't care but you are talking about a person who was in a run that is not fully collected in trades if not at all.

In fact a lot of material before New 52 is not in trade and the few that is had her looking at women aside from Titans where she was somewhat flirting with Supergirl potential boyfriend before Bendis tossed him away in Ben Rubel.

So nobody is going to complain about material that they have not seen.

Remember she had a twin brother-aside from Convergence-he hasn't been seen in 20 years nor most of that family.
    Her family was changed post-rebirth I believe.
    Now her twin brother was kidnapped/killed by Skyhook when he was a little kid.

MAWS John Henry Irons! Weird to have him not be bald but I’m still extremely happy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

MAWS John Henry Irons! Weird to have him not be bald but I’m still extremely happy.
    It's weird that he has hair.

Also they really need to scale that armor.