Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I have enjoyed X-men 97. The reality is much of this story will be forgotten but one thing that will always bw remembered is his death. 20 yeara from now no one is going to care if Storm mentioned his death or that Rogue cant make a decision and stick with it to save her life. Bit they will remember that his name is Gambit mon ami.
    You know who hasn't been to Gambit's grave yet? Rogue. Seems like a perfect cliffhanger to have Rogue visit Gambit's grave at the end of next week's episode only to find it destroyed.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I have enjoyed X-men 97. The reality is much of this story will be forgotten but one thing that will always bw remembered is his death. 20 yeara from now no one is going to care if Storm mentioned his death or that Rogue cant make a decision and stick with it to save her life. Bit they will remember that his name is Gambit mon ami.
    Yes, the "Gambit/Remember It" it's a MVP of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    You know who hasn't been to Gambit's grave yet? Rogue. Seems like a perfect cliffhanger to have Rogue visit Gambit's grave at the end of next week's episode only to find it destroyed.
    I suspect that is what will happen but Rogue can pound rocks. If Gambit does come back as Deathbit I hope he calls Rogue out.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    Yes, the "Gambit/Remember It" it's a MVP of this season.
    Yeah I agree with this. Strangely the only character to come out of this season heroically is Gambit. It’s clearly the moment of the season and DeMayo was struggling to replicate it despite his boasts.

It feels like we have been leading up the grave thing but I just don’t know.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ES113 View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. Strangely the only character to come out of this season heroically is Gambit. It’s clearly the moment of the season and DeMayo was struggling to replicate it despite his boasts.

It's not a guarantee that'll happen. But if they were going to do an Apocalypse story for next season, wouldn't that be a great cliffhanger? They keep reminding us Apocalypse is a thing with the intro credits, so he'll have to show up somewhere.

Edit: there's also that whole thing with Wolverine. Lots of setup to bring Big A in.
    Last edited by Zoks; 05-08-2024 at 08:29 AM.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

spoilers:
    Did Wolverine become Death at some point also? I seem to remember that's how he got his adamantium back. Wonder if he will also be a horseman? Maybe changing him from Death to War. After all "He's seen a lot of war bub!"
    end of spoilers
    L'Enfer !

Yes. In Wolverine #145 during 'The Twelve' saga.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ES113 View Post

Yes, exactly. The last two episodes have seemed a bit anticlimactic in comparison to episode 5. We'll see how episode 10 goes, but it'll be hard to out do "Remember It!".

I'll take an empty grave. At this point I'd take any concrete hint that Gambit's coming back.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Fantastic Member

So back to the comics, why does Enigma's eyes have the same coloring pattern as Gambit's?

So back to the comics, why does Enigma's eyes have the same coloring pattern as Gambit's?
    Nothing new, just copying Jim Lee's design from 30 years ago

Btw, did you guys know that Gambit's design is actually stupid and makes no sense? I mean headsock, in 2024, seriously? pffffff don't make me laugh

Oh cool the new X-Factor is coming out, with Havok and Angel on the team, I wonder what their new costumes look like...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

Btw, did you guys know that Gambit's design is actually stupid and makes no sense? I mean headsock, in 2024, seriously? pffffff don't make me laugh

Oh cool the new X-Factor is coming out, with Havok and Angel on the team, I wonder what their new costumes look like...
    Gambit gets away with it cause he does it with style petite, with style

Mighty Member

Also spoilers:
    I feel Rogue will be Death this time. Gambit may end up being the hero "how many times does a scoundrel need to prove himself a hero" "love is based on what we forgive" etc etc
    end of spoilers

Could be better way to do it. Only thing is idk the Wolverine storyline to say how that fits in

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post

He also has that 90s long hair. Just needs to put it in a ponytail for full effect.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Also spoilers:
    I feel Rogue will be Death this time. Gambit may end up being the hero "how many times does a scoundrel need to prove himself a hero" "love is based on what we forgive" etc etc
    end of spoilers

Could be better way to do it. Only thing is idk the Wolverine storyline to say how that fits in
    It's possible but they've been dropping a lot of foreshadowing that Gambit is coming back as Death. Wolverine got his adamantium skeleton back when Apocalypse turns him into Death, but they need people to fill in as the other Horsemen and he was just talking about how he fought in a lot of wars, so maybe he'll be the new War. Madelyne Pryor had a vision of rats so some people think she's going to be Pestilence.

Mighty Member

It's possible but they've been dropping a lot of foreshadowing that Gambit is coming back as Death. Wolverine got his adamantium skeleton back when Apocalypse turns him into Death, but they need people to fill in as the other Horsemen and he was just talking about how he fought in a lot of wars, so maybe he'll be the new War. Madelyne Pryor had a vision of rats so some people think she's going to be Pestilence.
    Is that how it happens in the comics? Either way I don't see why they need to follow the comics. Following the comics isnt the only option