Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    The intro has Cable running from him. They've shown clues like Nimrod and Master Mold (Bastion). Apocalypse showing up in the very last scene (ep 10) is very possible.

But you make a good point about "someone else" who resurrects Gambit, I've been saying for a while that it might be Sinister (he's done it with Morph in XTAS) and he revealed in the latest episode that he's experimenting with mutants which in his words is "his dream". It's also cannon that he restored his appearance from Deathbit...and operated on Gambit in past to stabilize his New Sun powers. This is my preferred theory, but I'll still stick with Apocalypse for now.
    Sinister with Bastian maybe. Maybe Sinister does it under Bastian. Deathbit from the comics feels more like a grotesque horror thing than a Apocolypse biblical type character. Sinister and Bastian seem more likely to create BDSM Deathbit from the comics. Especially after Magneto pose lol.

Still have one more theory just waiting for confirmation on in the show

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Can someone break down for me exactly how this season is setting up Apocalypse and Gambit coming back as Death? Sinister would make sense. The Prime Sentinel theory makes sense. The Apocalypse theory I just can't see the connections for yet
    Make Good Art

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Can someone break down for me exactly how this season is setting up Apocalypse and Gambit coming back as Death? Sinister would make sense. The Prime Sentinel theory makes sense. The Apocalypse theory I just can't see the connections for yet
    There is zero actual evidence Gambit comes back at all, we're just spitballing ideas. Yes I know A.J. LoCascio was in studios for season 2, but he could have been doing flashback scenes or voicing a new character. The reasons Apocalypse is brought up are because he shows up a lot in the intro credits, as if to remind us he's still a thing, and they'll need a plot for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
    There is zero actual evidence Gambit comes back at all, we're just spitballing ideas. Yes I know A.J. LoCascio was in studios for season 2, but he could have been doing flashback scenes or voicing a new character. The reasons Apocalypse is brought up are because he shows up a lot in the intro credits, as if to remind us he's still a thing, and they'll need a plot for season 2.
    In the end it would be stupid, massivly so in my opinion, to have Remy remain dead. At the same time the possible ways he can be brought back with doesn’t match up to the very serious and epic way he died. In that sense timetravel was my best bet.

The thing speaking for Deathbit in my opinion is that since Remy is dead it will in no way be his choice. So if he gets revived as a horseman it’s mostly to mess with Rogue. Make her suffer. It clears him up from the choice but not necessarily the fallout. If it was comics I would say a return as deathbit would end with Romy estranged. Rogue hurt from it and Remy traumatized by it. Then they milk that for another half season to a full season before we get the true reunion. Maybe the wedding.

Still this is marvel. Doing stupid things are well within their wheelhouse.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    I think Nox had as good of a theory about Apoc as anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post

What if Apocalypse is behind everything? He’s grown dissatisfied with/disgusted by mutantkind (especially the X-men), he wants to clean the slate and eliminate them so that he can start again and create his own mutant nation from scratch. As such, he creates OZT, uses advanced technology (from the future?) to create Bastion, and uses Bastion (along with Sinister and Trask) to cause the massacre on Genosha. Bastion (with Sinister’s help) creates Prime Sentinel Horsemen using mutant victims from Genosha: Gambit (Death), Maddie (Pestilence), Callisto (Famine), and their captive, Magneto (War).

Each of these characters have a past with the X-men: Rogue must face off against Gambit and Magneto; Scott, Jean and Logan against Maddie; maybe Storm returns and has to face not only Maddie but also Callisto. Maybe the Horsemen retain enough of their former selves to voice/act out on their frustrations on the X-men. Melodrama ensues.

The team would be on the edge of defeat when Cable and Bishop time travel/appear on scene to help defeat the Horsemen. They hand over a cure (from the future) or a means of removing the Prime Sentinel implants (or whatever) to Beast and he’s able to save all four Horsemen.

Magneto reverts to his old ways, Gambit rejoins the team, Callisto goes back to the Morlocks, and Maddie leaves to start a new life.

So, the “purple people eater” song could be a reference to Apocalypse since he’s often depicted in shades of purple in XTAS.

Let’s call this my attempt at fan fiction. LOL.

I personally feel adding Apoc goes into Spiderman 3 territory of too many villains but I can also see Bastian just being a 1 season villain as well

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'm not convinced of Apocalypse bringing him back yet but I do agree that thematically it would make sense if there was darker "twist" to him being revived a la Deathbit or the Prime Sentinel angle
    Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Sinister with Bastian maybe. Maybe Sinister does it under Bastian. Deathbit from the comics feels more like a grotesque horror thing than a Apocolypse biblical type character. Sinister and Bastian seem more likely to create BDSM Deathbit from the comics. Especially after Magneto pose lol.

Still have one more theory just waiting for confirmation on in the show
    I'm still going to go for the Deathbit/Apocalypse idea at the very end of ep 10. But...

This is wishful thinking from my part...

It wasn't revealed what Bastion had planned for Magneto when he was held captive, maybe they replace him with Gambit? But I don't want him to be a Prime Sentinel. I prefer the idea of Sinister resurrecting him as one of his mutant experiments, which flows with the overall plotline of this entire season. We've seen Sinister tampering with Jean/Maddie and Nathan and Morph in XTAS. It fits well. Beau was being a little coy when someone asked about Dazzler's death recently. I'm thinking some of those dead mutants in Genosha were sent to him, Remy may have had his body swapped with a fake one in his coffin (or they dug him up). This approach lines up with what's been happening this season and it makes sense. The other reason why I like this idea is because it can be resolved in just one episode, just like Goblin Queen in ep 3. Even the Prime Sentinels were pretty much done in one episode really, so why can't this?

Again, it's more wishful thinking. I'm keeping my expectations low.

Gambit ressurected by Sinister as part of Marauders so Remy can break from his control and help defeat Sinister in the end of S1 would be the best option for me.

Reebok releases Gambit and Wolverine sneakers

https://www.soleretriever.com/news/a...-date-may-2024

Has there been a single Apocolypse reference in the show? Are we sure it's Apocalypse's Deathbit? Could be someone else who does it.

Also we swathe Watcher and this becomes a fixed point. If feel like something more cosmic happened on Genosha than just what we are seeing
    I had mentioned this before somewhere but I think Sinister can initially revive him but then his powers are out of control and this time Apocalypse uses celestial tech to control them and make him a horesman.

It sets up better if all along Apocalypse has been waiting for the right moment to crap all over Bastion and Sinister's plans.

Bastion is culling the mutant population so to speak this could all be a means unbeknownst to Sinister or Bastion for Apocalypse to identify the best mutants to help him rule with Gambit proving himself by virture of destroying the Godzilla sentinel.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-02-2024 at 01:41 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I think Nox had as good of a theory about Apoc as anything else
    Thanks, that theory was fun, but it was pre-episode 8, so I'm not so sure that it's valid or even possible anymore. After Episode 8, I've kind of become a pessimist overnight. *le sigh*

So, if we break down all of the different possible "endings" for Gambit, it could be as such:

1. Worse case scenario: he stays dead. No hints, no hope, no mention. Just dead. Any resolution (if any) would be in Season 2.
    2. We get an open grave without context. Just a grave. Nothing else. Use your imaginations until Season 2.
    3. We get an open grave with context. An Apocalypse teaser maybe? Remy's prone body in Sinister's lab? Bastion even?
    4. Gambit is "alive", but with a hitch. Does he appear as a Horseman or hanging out with Sinister at the end of episode 10?
    5. Gambit is alive, but no explanation is given. I highly doubt this, that he would just appear and his story would be resolved in Season 2, but I'm adding it just because.

If time travel truly is off the table (they've lied to us before, but I'll pretend they're not lying again), Sinister snatching up bodies is a distinct possibility. We all know Gambit and Sinister have a connection in the comics, but that's never (to my recollection) happened in the cartoon. Sinister's mostly been obsessed with the Summers and made a comment about Rogue's "power" once, but I don't think he's ever shown any interest in Gambit to warrant going to great lengths to snatch up his body. That doesn't mean it's not a possibility, though, it just would have been nice to have something more there, a hint or something. The fact that Gambit's a fallen X-man could be reason enough and yes, his powers are pretty amazing too. Sinister is still on the table. Gooo Sinister, LOL.

As for Apocalypse, it's pure speculation. Gambit's history with Death in the comics is one reason. He's also the character the most associated with death (funeral, giant skeleton vision, sugar skulls, Dia de los muertos, etc.) and someone else cleverly pointed out that Maddie/Jean had visions of rats which could mean Pestilence. Apocalypse was name dropped by Wolverine early on, Apocalypse has appeared in the intro credits, plus Cable is present and he's often linked to/fought against Apocalypse. So this theory is running on Easter eggs and speculation only.

What hope we have for Gambit's eventual return is also running on speculation. Gambit stating that Rogue always comes to his rescue, Rogue wearing that red first date dress, Nightcrawler trying to talk Remy into proposing, Rogue saying she can't accept that Remy's dead (and neither can we, really). These hints can be both hopeful and just exhausting. What's a hint and what's a red herring? I was hoping Rogue would indeed come to his rescue, but she was in a coma last episode. We only have two episodes left...and I fear it will be the Mags & Summers family showdown. :P
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

One main clue we haven't really talked about is the death of Superman shot of Gambit's death. Beau said he likes Snyder, especially Man of Steel. So they could be doing a Justice League type thing for Remy's death.

When it comes to DC, Batman is where my knowledge lies, so not sure about the death of Superman angle (I actually thought Remy's death scene was a vague reference to La Pietà, LOL).
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

One main clue we haven't really talked about is the death of Superman shot of Gambit's death.
    Fake(?) cyborg Gambit

Ohhh noooo
    Beau said he likes Snyder, especially Man of Steel. So they could be doing a Justice League type thing for Remy's death.
    Gambit was also impaled ...

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Reebok releases Gambit and Wolverine sneakers

https://www.soleretriever.com/news/a...-date-may-2024
    Sold out instantly - I was on the site when it crashed.

I had the xtas97 Gambit dolly in my hands at GameStop prior to the show’s first episode release. Mebbe I should have bought him, but I talked myself out of it.