Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by staptik777 View Post
    I hope it was clear that it was just sarcasm? I'm just sick of people on the internet saying that Gambit has a bad/stupid/ridiculous design, the design has remained almost unchanged for 30+ years, I guess Papa Jim knew what he was doing when he designed Gambit. It's especially funny for me to see how these bad/stupid/ridiculous design ideas from 30 years ago are used by modern artists
    It seems the vast majority of super hero costumes, including the often more "semi-realistic" new ones still tend to carry elements which either date back to the days of the early modern versions, which often took inspiration from circus, athletic or stage performers or the various classic historic inspiration.

Take Superman, the defacto modern super hero, for example. There are elements of acrobts (the striking blue full body suit), strongman and wrestlers (different colored boots and the "underpants on the outside"), swashbuckling adventures (the cape) and medieval knights (the chest insignia).

His prototype design even included laced sandals instead of boots to evoke visual elements of the ancient greek heros like Herakles (compare the original Flash who would take inspiration from Hermes).

Combined these elements, not only on Superman but his various contemporaries including Captain America and Narmor, should have also be seen as ridiculous or silly and yet they not only worked for the audience at the time, but became enduring defacto visual elements of all super heros that followed them.

Meanwhile various attempts at making entirely "modern" or "fully realistic" super hero outfits tend to fall flat, because of not fullfilling the expectation of the viewers, or only manage to stick out when they retain striking visual key elements that don't make them all that different from the costumes anyway (see the Runaways).

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    I saw a lot of shirts pop up after episode 5. I'm not a graphic tee person myself. I don't like wearing charactors on my clothes. I saw this one and couldn't decide if it was really bad or Im the problem here
    I...don't think it's you. Or else I have a problem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by zefjv2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I have enjoyed X-men 97. The reality is much of this story will be forgotten but one thing that will always bw remembered is his death. 20 yeara from now no one is going to care if Storm mentioned his death or that Rogue cant make a decision and stick with it to save her life. Bit they will remember that his name is Gambit mon ami.
    Yes, the "Gambit/Remember It" it's a MVP of this season.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

He really did steal the show!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. In Wolverine #145 during 'The Twelve' saga.
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Ohh, first time seeing this. Pretty dope scene! The sequence is a little strange, though. He's hella far away, than instantly is right on top of the sentinel. They could have extended it a tad with Gambit parrying the first attack with his staff and running on top of the (metal?) thing, then jumps in for that last scene of him being impaled.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I don't have a problem with his design, it's iconic.
    I always like Jim Lee's costume.
    Same here. Never mess with success...

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    Ohh, first time seeing this. Pretty dope scene! The sequence is a little strange, though. He's hella far away, than instantly is right on top of the sentinel. They could have extended it a tad with Gambit parrying the first attack with his staff and running on top of the (metal?) thing, then jumps in for that last scene of him being impaled.
    Completely understandable. Nicely animated, though...

X-Men 97 final was very messy and not good, really. Very dissapointed.

But X-Men 97 showed that Gambit is the best thief because he stole the best episode and people will remember it!

I enjoyed the last episode. Probably my favorite after Episode 5. No Gambit tease but I prefer it that way as it gives his death more impact and significance IMO.

If you are watching this for Romy or Gambit then you will be disappointed but for me it was good drama. Also be sure to stick around for just after the initial credits.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-15-2024 at 04:36 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Deleted
    10 char

There was a Gambit tease. Apocalypse finds his card in the ruins of Genosha. We're getting Deathbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki LeBeau View Post
    I...don't think it's you. Or else I have a problem, too.
    I do wear a lot of graphic tees. I have an embarrassing number of X-Men tees. And I can't stop laughing at that shirt.

The teeny, tiny little chest on your chest! It would be hilarious!

I did like the tease in the end credits. It's strange that I'm looking forward to spoilers:
    Deathbit,
    end of spoilers
    because I never liked that storyline. Maybe I'm naively hoping that it'll be done properly? Ugh. I think I'm just giving myself hope just to be annoyed by it in the end.

I bought more X-Men graphic tees in the last month than the entirety of my life before this series. It's like I can't stop? LOL
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Mighty Member

I probably should have waited til after this episode to post this but just bringing it back for everyone to see

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post

Mighty Member

One thing that could happen spoilers:
    Deathbit as new sun has time control and could bring everyone back together from time. Pretty sure he went bavk in time during Fabians run but dont recall of it was his powers
    end of spoilers