Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I thought Wolvie's cat growls were cute

Deadpool and Wolverine was a great comic. Joe Kelly is killing with his sort of nihilistic writing parallelling with Logan

So interesting that the “WWIII” in the title doesn’t stand for World War 3, but instead stands for another WW…

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Deadpool and Wolverine was a great comic. Joe Kelly is killing with his sort of nihilistic writing parallelling with Logan
    yup I agree. I love the way both logan and wade were written

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    So interesting that the “WWIII” in the title doesn’t stand for World War 3, but instead stands for another WW…
    Ohh! I just caught that lol!

Wolverine #49 next week should be interesting. We're almost done with the percy era

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Wolverine #49 next week should be interesting. We're almost done with the percy era
    Thank God. I'm re reading my Larry Hama Wolverine collection. What a legend. Wish he was writing the new ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Also arguably a waste of an opportunity to examine the character differently by having him "miss" something because of the Maker's manipulation of the timeline that also removed Magneto and Xavier.

For example how could this version of Logan differ to the 616 version if the Weapon X project never existed*?

No unbreakable skeleton, no cut everything blades, no memory loss, less trauma (at least from those experiments). Just his healing factor, keen animalistic senses and over a century of experience, knowledge and regrets.

Maybe he also spends most of his life somewhere remote, living like Jeramiah Johnson, without ever getting involved in major wars, spy organizations or super heroics until the story beginns.

So while he is far from incapable, he still starts as complete stranger to the high intensity fights and situations of the world of super heros and villains. An experienced rookie so to speak.

He might not know what skrulls are and needs to be taught those things by the younger heros, but he sure knows about fixing cars, building houses, cooking meals and how to programm things in C++.

But that's just one example.

*Wasn't there a What if...? Story that explored that idea?
    You pretty much just described Jimmy Hudson from the OG Ultimate Universe minus being alive for a century. I wasn’t a huge fan of that take personally. If I was writing the new UU Logan I’d pitch it as let’s lean into his origin in the 1610 universe. He was a big bad to start and switched sides, well in this UU there is no X-Men to redeem him so he keeps working for Magneto (or Weapon X or whoever) and is the most dangerous person on the planet. I’d like to see Logan explored as a big bad more.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Thank God. I'm re reading my Larry Hama Wolverine collection. What a legend. Wish he was writing the new ongoing series.
    I know, right?! Wolverine: Patch (2022) proves that Mr. Hama's still got it (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Donny cates is my dream writer for the wolverine book, which is unlikely since his injury but I wouldn't mind Hama doing it. He's my all time favorite wolverine writer and like K7P5V said, He still got it!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Wolverine: Patch (2022) proves that Mr. Hama's still got it (IMHO):

Haven't read that yet. I thought it was associated with the Krakoan era so I skipped it

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Donny cates is my dream writer for the wolverine book, which is unlikely since his injury but I wouldn't mind Hama doing it. He's my all time favorite wolverine writer and like K7P5V said, He still got it!
    Donny Cates is also my dream writer for an X-Men book featuring Cyke as the leader since he said in an interview that Scott's his favorite. Are his injuries really that serious?
    Hama is my favorite Logan writer too. I would have also loved Morrison writing the character in a solo book, NXM wolverine wa so damn good.

These hi-res shots from Empire are awesome...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The perfect desktop background
    Although I have to remove that Empire watermark lol

If you do, could you repost it here? I've made it my background already, but would love to have it without the watermark. If you can do it, that is. My skills in this area are quite weak. Ha.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    If you do, could you repost it here? I've made it my background already, but would love to have it without the watermark. If you can do it, that is. My skills in this area are quite weak. Ha.
    I'm on it already