Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1144

The classic yellow, blue, and black costume will always be best IMO.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

And with regard to the new solo series, looks like I'll be saving my money. Too bad.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    This just proves that not only is he Marvel's second most popular character after Spider-Man (there's a reason Wolverine is next in line for the Insomniac game) but he could even be considered more popular than Batman in some respects. People always say the top three most popular superheroes are Spider-Man, Superman, Batman but perhaps that can be amended now.
    I think that depends what you mean by popular. If we are talking exclusively about comic readers and comic sales then yes since the 90s Wolverine is constantly selling more than Superman and sometimes selling more than spider-man and batman too so he can certainly be considered at least number 3. The most impressive thing as i said is that Logan does that with mediocre writers. They put Daniel Way to write the series that should be one of the most important events in the character history for godsake. Marvel wouldn´t do that with spider-man and DC wouldn´t do that with Batman and Superman.

But if you are talking about the most well known and recognizable characters which i guess is the most used meaning when people refer to the word popular then i think he is bellow Superman.
    Last edited by X-Logan; 05-09-2024 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    I think that depends what you mean by popular. If we are talking exclusively about comic readers and comic sales then yes since the 90s Wolverine is constantly selling more than Superman and sometimes selling more than spider-man and batman too so he can certainly be considered at least number 3. The most impressive thing as i said is that Logan does that with mediocre writers. They put Daniel Way to write the series that should be one of the most important events in the character history for godsake. Marvel wouldn´t do that with spider-man and DC wouldn´t do that with Batman and Superman.

But if you are talking about the most well known and recognizable characters which i guess is the most used meaning when people refer to the word popular then i think he is bellow Superman.
    Marvel doesn't seem to treat him like a franchise anymore the way they still do with Spider-Man. Spidey gets multiple books whereas Wolverine no longer is in most of the X-Men and Avengers books and doesn't have multiple solos. I'd like to see him on the main Avengers team again for that reason because the 2000s/2010s were so heavily defined by him being an A-List Avenger alongside Spidey.

For now, but I can see that changing with the collapse of the DCEU and there's no guarantee the next Superman movie will do any better. Wolverine will have his cinematic comeback and then a bigger boost from the MCU. It's possible that holy trinity of Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man will never change but I can see Wolverine getting closer and closer to it as the years go by.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I disagree im glad Wolverine isnt on Avengers. He doesnt belong and im glad he isnt on all xteams especially whentheyare separated in from the ashes. It makea tighter continuity then when he was everywhere. Its bad enough that its his 50th anniversary and we will get so many Minis this year lol.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I disagree im glad Wolverine isnt on Avengers. He doesnt belong and im glad he isnt on all xteams especially whentheyare separated in from the ashes. It makea tighter continuity then when he was everywhere. Its bad enough that its his 50th anniversary and we will get so many Minis this year lol.
    Maybe because it's the era I came into the comics, but I liked seeing him represented pretty much everywhere. Especially since Marvel doesn't really care about continuity anymore like they used to. That being said, I appreciate the older eras more like when Wolverine had his mini or the Kitty & Wolverine series, and Claremont would always write him out of UXM to accommodate those appearances. But that's no longer the norm.

Also I'm wondering if Deadpool & Wolverine won't try and incorporate a reference to his 50th Anniversary somehow.

I have read more than enough recent popular comic book characters like Batman, Spider-Man or Wolverine have had better stories in those minis that are set within other variants/alternate universes. The current continuity has become convulated for these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Like Whitecrown I really started reading comics during that period where Logan was everywhere, maybe it’s a generational thing, but I’m also not too fussed about continuity either - it’s such a flexible thing in comics that it really doesn’t mean much to me. Wolverine could literally be in every Marvel comic in a month, and I’d just assume each story takes place at a different point in time, allowing Logan to be there. It doesn’t take me out of it at all, unless he’s badly used or the story is bad

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    The classic yellow, blue, and black costume will always be best IMO.
    Amen, bro!

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

I don't have a problem with Wolverine getting a lot of mini series.I do have a problem with him in a lot of books if he doesn't do anything in those books or when they write him badly.

Make way, buncha Wolverine #1 variants coming through...

“Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

These are my faves, though. Especially this Clayton Crain one...

Cyber is back

Yep. And the new costume looks great in action!

Quote Originally Posted by MVComics View Post
    Cyber is back
    I wonder if that is spoiling who the old villain is. I kind of figured it was Cyber.