Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
Oh yes, Charlotte was very strong. In a certain way, I think she was the strongest of the lot, since she didn't have superpowers and faced Archangel (unlike Candy, who was friends with Warren since before he got his wings). Candy got it "easier", she dated the more happier and self-assured and proud Warren of his publication's history. It was very easy to be Warren's girl back then (if you liked the type, obvs). He got the whole superhero baggage (which is a lot, mind me), but that's all.
Charlotte got a depressed and hurting guy with anger issues, the moon to the Angel's sun.

Charlotte was a blessing for him, the right woman for the right moment, IMHO. Because she's so strong that he leaned on her to help while he attempted to find himself.
Which made all things more tragic for Charlotte because as Warren finally found himself back on track (around his and Jean's encounter with Candy, time speaking), he ghosted her.
Poor Charlotte.
I know that any author could've made Warren re-establish himself by his own, but canon gave us Charlotte. So, canon speaking, he owns his 90s recover to Charlotte and, fundamentally, even his being ready for a romance with Betsy is thanks to Charlotte (for I don't think late X-Factor's Warren would've been in the place of mind to romance someone like Betsy). IMHO.

Hmm. I do remember this jab, but might be from Uncanny X-Men? When Betsy literally is holding Warren (an Archangel actually) on a leash?
(I checked UXF up to the confrontation with SK, to search the Phantomex jab about dependency, and nope)
I can see that with Charlotte being the strongest even if it's a more quiet strength. She's a woman who kept her head down and would do her job every day, even at risk of her own life. She was also a mother and always put her kid first, knowing she'd break off the relationship with Warren if she felt it would endanger Timmy. I think even Claremont liked her a lot and saw her as one of his fellow Claremazons because she's one of the few characters he's used who he didn't create. That's rare for him. And like you said, Charlotte got Warren at his worst.

I agree that Warren has Charlotte the most to thank for his recovery and I don't think he'd have been in the right frame of mind for a relationship with Betsy otherwise. Really wish she wasn't a forgotten character and was brought back.

Maybe that jab is from UXM then rather than UXF. If it sounds familiar to you too, then it must be real and I'm not imagining it lol.