Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Her dad is it. And he was mentioned (I think on one of the data pages) when Angelica asked him to take her Avengers ID to the Avengers.
    Indeed. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Oh. We’re supposed to read those pages?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN alongside Emma and Kate would seem to make the most sense for Firestar post-Krakoa, if Angelica stays in the books of X.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-28-2024 at 11:15 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

what is that Firestar or Carol Campbell?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    EXCEPTIONAL X-MEN alongside Emma and Kate would seem to make the most sense for Firestar post-Krakoa, if Angelica stays in the books of X.
    I was thinking the same.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    This still doesn't look like Firestar to me She's not actually Pyrokinetic...

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    This still doesn't look like Firestar to me She's not actually Pyrokinetic...
    Maybe not initially but I dont think it would be completely unfair to say that her powers have grown and evolved from their original conception to allow her to produce flames. That not really that far out there as things exposed to microwaves are highly susceptible to combustion. She's been drawn with fire effect decades before she ever became an X-man

Is it really that hard to buy that she can use her microwaves to cause oxygen around her to combust into flames? Especially since she is an adult with far more experience and skills with her powers than when she was a teen
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-29-2024 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Maybe not initially but I dont think it would be completely unfair to say that her powers have grown and evolved from their original conception to allow her to produce flames. That not really that far out there as things exposed to microwaves are highly susceptible to combustion. She's been drawn with fire effect decades before she ever became an X-man

Is it really that hard to buy that she can use her microwaves to cause oxygen around her to combust into flames? Especially since she is an adult with far more experience and skills with her powers than when she was a teen
    That is all well and good, but it just put her in the same fire thrower like so many heat based characters seem to be. Having her powers look like fire has the same effect as Magma being able to fly: they are just Human Torch lites. It is easier to believe artist simply don't know what her powers are and see fire in her name, so they draw flames.
    But I will have to accept it, because no one is going back to the way Mark Bagley or Darick Robertson drew her powers back in the 90's. Even though Darick Robertson was the one who started making her aura flames instead of a light/flame mixture like Mark. So her microwave beams were always going to loss out to fire blast eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That is all well and good, but it just put her in the same fire thrower like so many heat based characters seem to be. Having her powers look like fire has the same effect as Magma being able to fly: they are just Human Torch lites. It is easier to believe artist simply don't know what her powers are and see fire in her name, so they draw flames.
    But I will have to accept it, because no one is going back to the way Mark Bagley or Darick Robertson drew her powers back in the 90's. Even though Darick Robertson was the one who started making her aura flames instead of a light/flame mixture like Mark. So her microwave beams were always going to loss out to fire blast eventually.

Duggan at least acknowledged that her powers are still microwave based

I have to agree with you. In resigned to seeing her powers as flame looking. What I'd give to go back the Bagley effect! It would make her stand out from the rest of the human torches!!

Do you know what would help with her powers to be seen as more microwave based rather than flames? Sound effects.

Rather than a FWOOSH which seems to be the sound of a carpet of flames being launched, we need the return of the FZEEECHAKKK which is the sound of molecules being ripped apart as Angelica uses her powers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...

Would have been an interesting meeting. Bart Jones taking her ID to Tony and seeing that conversation. Neither saying what they want to...but getting their points across that Angie is where she needs to be doing what she needs to do.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?