Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1355
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    spoilers:
    I'm still in disbelief in how much they're playing up the Storm/Jean friendship. It's almost ridiculous. There's not much basis for this in XTAS.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I just about rolled my eyes at the Storm/Jean hug and speech. I do remember Storm saying during the Dark Phoenix saga that Jean was like a sister to her, but besides that it hadn't been developed very much. Not compared to Rogue and Storm who where there for each other during several episodes. And all the acknowledgment we got of that relationship was Ororo finally giving a short line about not abandoning family. I can't believe the X-Men just let her go with Magneto so easily. Wolverine looked shocked but didn't say anything. Those two had also been good friends in the previous series. Rogue and Jubilee too. Yet she was more upset about losing the guy she's known for a few weeks/months. It's weird to see this non-reaction to the choice of a long time teammate and the person Xavier had once said "touched them all" despite not being able to touch.

I know Lenore Zann has liked her "going Rogue", but this feels too far. I can't imagine original XTAS Rogue doing this. She made mistakes and was selfish a time or two. But siding with Magneto who is going to hurt innocent mutants and humans with what he's doing? Plus attacking her own friends and family? I don't think even losing Gambit would drive her to such stupidity. At least '97 Rogue seems to regret trying to kill Trask. I hope she'll regret joining Magneto after what he's done to Logan. But who knows? The X-Men don't feel quite as much like family in this new series. They feel like a bunch of cliques. The series itself has some good moments but seems more like a slightly alternate reality of the original.

I'm not really worried about getting Gambit back. It's just a question of when. I'm only tired of how long this has been stretched out, especially for a storyline that is only dragging Rogue through the mud.
    end of spoilers

Oh wow. Ha! This is why I don't trust half of what DeMayo tweets out.
    Me either. I'm frankly just finding myself more and more annoyed by his comments, which in some cases are blatantly outright lies such as "Magneto is dead".

I also found this quote interesting: "This time around, we’re all in different cities, and because of COVID, studios have now become used to recording people on their own. So I was mostly imagining the character of Gambit when I was doing my lines. When I finally got to meet AJ this past year, we just got on like a house on fire. We have a very good relationship. I think it’s great that Chris has passed on the mantle to A.J. and A.J. has taken the torch and is running with it."

1. Second confirmation AJ was in the studio last year.
    2. That, mes amis, is the present tense. If AJ were playing a different character (he is very talented and could very well do so), she wouldn't be using the present tense here, would she?
    It's what I'm left to cling to because I have zero interest in watching another season without Gambit.

spoilers:
    So ... did Jean just die ... again? What about Storm & Forge? Definitely looking "out" if not dead. Beast and Morph are captured and have failed. Cable is possessed. Mags is stabbed through and Wolverine is on the brink of death, but Cyke interrupted Chuck before he could finish fixing the poles. Even IF they fix the magnetic poles, let's be real, way more than thousands are dead if electricity went down and modern society has been ruined for everyone. Not to mention we have confirmation that Leech & Moira are dead ... this is along with Maddy, Gambit, Calisto, Shaw, probably Dazzler not to mention all the other mutant kids we saw ... honestly, without some time travel shenanigans this whole thing is already @#$%ed. Everyone and everything is basically lost at this point. And I just find myself extremely annoyed about all of it. I'm tired of sitting through misery after misery. And what a shitty way that would be to end a season after that strong first episode. I think the solution has always been that Cable (or Bishop) needed to change these events. Genosha is the cause of basically all the fallout with Bastion & Magneto. If they'd just alert the team to go aid Genosha BEFORE it was a Massacre and tell them how to defeat the Wild Sentinel it would alter the course significantly. With ALL the X-Men there, maybe they could have saved the day? And we have repeatedly heard characters tell each other "if you had been there" like Rogue said to Storm about Genosha this ep and now Storm tells Jean that their strength is each other rather than a dream or their powers. I still think Gambit and Rogue will somehow get screwed over in the end though and kept apart because apparently that is the perogative of this show to not let us have nice things. But at this point I'll settle for any non-dead Gambit we can get.

As for the episode, loved seeing Rogue wear his coat and her waking up and saying his name and hoping it was all a terrible dream and that he was still alive. SAME girl. SAME. But her taking it off to join Mags was deeply offensive. I hated that BS.
    end of spoilers

All-New Member

spoilers:
    Hello. First of all, sorry for my bad English. I don't entirely agree that it is a good show. I like the tone of the series and it has great moments. And if you are a fan of Magneto and to a lesser extent of Scott and Jean, you will enjoy it a lot. It's also great to see some moments from the comics adapted to the screen and you can also enjoy seeing the amount of Easter eggs. But from episode 5 it is a series that lacks soul. The X-Men had always been a family and after that episode you don't see a family. In fact, some of you have already commented on some examples of how characters are reduced to sharing scenes with other specific characters. Storm and Jean, Nightcrawler and Rogue, etc., beyond that it seems that the rest of the characters don't care what happens to the others... It is a series where the action is more important than the good characterization. I don't recognize Storm if she isn't affected by Gambit's death, not even one line after her return, she only thought about Jean, I don't recognize most characters if they don't care about Rogue beyond Nightcrawler, and of course I don't recognize Rogue. It is curious that in the comics we are going to see how Rogue is going to be in charge of keeping the torch of Xavier's dream alive and in the series she betrays her friends and family without blinking, no matter how angry she is about Gambit's death. That's not Rogue. The same thing happens to the series that has happened during the era of Krakoa, there is a plot where they want to go and the characters are placed regardless of whether they fit that role or not and how they would do things and if It would fit with their personality. Magneto does have a great characterization, with the exception of his relationship with Rogue that makes him look very bad, (what was the need for that plot? If Beau DeMayo wasn't a Magneto fanboy would it have been included?), and how I said before Scott and Jean also to a lesser extent if we reduce them to their Summers family problems. The rest of the cast revolves around these three characters for the main plot. There is no good balance for a series about the X-Men. There will always be someone who is more of a protagonist but for ten episodes I don't think Bishop has shone at any point, (has any character cared that he has separated from Cable and lost him?), The Beast Has shined?, Morph? Nightcrawler? Wolverine? (Of course, he has his moment at the end when Magneto rips the adamantium out of him, but it's more Magneto's moment than his in some way), Rogue has had some prominence but has largely been a prompt for Magneto, and Gambit had his big "cool" moment before dying, a death that after more episodes has seemed more pointless because he died for nothing and only to teach the viewer a lesson, but before that his character had done nothing but be jealous. What I mean is that they have not had any episode dedicated to them or being an important part of the plot, we could have seen them in a scene doing something that as fans of the characters we might like (for example Nightcrawler and his moment with the swords fighting alongside Wolverine), but they are moments that also contribute nothing to the plot and could have been replaced by others just as cool as those and everything would happen the same. If in a series about the X-Men the majority of the cast is replaceable, something is being done wrong. If instead of a TV show it were a comic book we would be complaining that it would be a Magneto/Cyclops stealth book instead of a team book. These X-Men don't act like the family they should be.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    She likes to make fun of them on Twitter. I can't see her writing anything like that in her books. She's the person responsible for turning Catman from the butt of a mean joke into a compelling and likeable character. Catman is the stand-out Secret Six character.

I cannot see going out of her way to dunk on either Gambit or Wolverine.

Trust me, I have read so much of her work over the years, and her approach is much more like KT, in that she is very aware that every character is someone's favorite and she wants to respect that.

I haven't seen the new episode yet, which says something in itself. I normally set my alarm for 5 to watch it before my kid wakes up, but I did not today. It seems like I made a good choice.
    Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Beau’s homework assignment for next week’s finale is an episode of Star Trek: Next Gen…

https://twitter.com/BeauDemayo/statu...14830090412518

Okay, I’m not a Trekkie. But this episode is based on time looping, which is NOT the same as time-travel. Time looping is something similar to Deja vu or “Groundhog Day”.
    Here’s a review/summary of the episode and it gives you the right idea….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clXNS5VSkYE

This could relate to Cable and it might match what Chris Potter was saying about him being the only person that can bring Gambit back. I still think he’ll be resurrected and mind controlled in some shape or form. That’s why it might be a mix of both.

I have a much longer and more thorough theory, which lines up with some of Beau comments regarding Gambit and Rogue. But I'll remain to expect just a Deathbit teaser at the end of the finale...or an empty grave. In other words, I don't want to give false hope because it's been a long 4 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Beau’s homework assignment for next week’s finale is an episode of Star Trek: Next Gen…

Okay, I’m not a Trekkie. But this episode is based on time looping, which is NOT the same as time-travel. Time looping is something similar to Deja vu or “Groundhog Day”.

This could relate to Cable and it might match what Chris Potter was saying about him being the only person that can bring Gambit back. I still think he’ll be resurrected and mind controlled in some shape or form. That’s why it might be a mix of both.

I have a much longer and more thorough theory, which lines up with some of Beau comments regarding Gambit and Rogue. But I'll remain to expect just a Deathbit teaser at the end of the finale...or an empty grave. In other words, I don't want to give false hope because it's been a long 4 weeks...
    I kinda wanna hear the theory tbh. Especially if it means we get Remy back without waiting for the whole Deathbit thing.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I kinda wanna hear the theory tbh. Especially if it means we get Remy back without waiting for the whole Deathbit thing.
    I'm still putting it together, it's too good to be true though (almost like fan fic). I'll PM you when I'm done.

Nah, Andrew you should bring all juicy theories for us! Only 1 week left to speculate!
    Don`t worry about false hope. It is fun to speculate and share thoughts. It was the best thing about X-Men 97 for me.

Presumably if it is a time loop then it means it is being experienced over and over again by one or more people until some condition is met that breaks the time loop.

That would explain Cable saying not again as he is stuck in the time loop and keeps trying to figure out how to break out of it. First he tried to prevent the whole thing but that evidently isn't working so now has moved on to trying to stop Bastion after the fact.

I wonder if Bishop is the key to breaking the loop as we haven't seen him yet or know what he has been up to. Perhaps it is he and Cable reuniting and peacing their experiences together that gives them the clue to how to break it.

As for Gambit I wonder if his becoming Deathbit is not immediate but perhaps teased due to the trauma of having memories of his death even after the loop is broken and he is presumably saved. That echo of a death once lived haunts him in some way.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Nah, Andrew you should bring all juicy theories for us! Only 1 week left to speculate!
    Don`t worry about false hope. It is fun to speculate and share thoughts. It was the best thing about X-Men 97 for me.
    Yes, do share with the group. I love reading other people's theories.

So now we're back to suspecting a form of time manipulation. I thought it was weird Chris Potter would be lying or confused.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

spoilers:

Just noticed Lenore tweeted #Justice4Remy about an hour ago, I don't get it. Joining Magneto is betraying Remy, not avenging him. I guess I'll let it play out and see what happens next week.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Right? Her handing over Gambit's jacket as she left to join Magneto seemed pretty symbolic that she knew this wouldn't be what he wanted.
    end of spoilers
    Make Good Art

So time travel is out, but time looping is in? I just can't with this show anymore. lol

I guess the simplest answer would be:

spoilers:
    Cable finds the best path for Gold Team to defeat Sinister and Bastion.
    end of spoilers

My wild speculation answer would be:

spoilers:
    Cable resets everything post Genosha. This would keep Gambit's sacrifice intact, Storm still gets her powers back, Xavier still heads to Earth, and Magneto is still pissed but hasn't killed thousands of people yet. If Cable rallies the X-Men to Genosha quick enough, then astral plane could be on the table for Gambit. I stand by that their dialogue in Xtreme and their character arcs this season work way too well to be a coincidence. Gambit might have only died because he thought Rogue chose Magneto and was more accepting of his death. After this weeks' episode, you can erase everything Rogue did after Genosha. Her going back to Magneto is taking it way too far. The only thing that would get erased would be what happened to Wolverine. I guess it could still happen in Season 2 to set up Onslaught. Then again, they might just skip it entirely. I think Magneto/Acolytes and Onslaught are still the main villains in S2 so it can go either way. Magneto getting Exodus and co. together would make sense after spending this season with the X-Men, realizing that he can't achieve his dream alone.
    end of spoilers

Keep expectations low.
    Last edited by Zin Magala; 05-09-2024 at 08:27 AM.

Yes, do share with the group. I love reading other people's theories.

So now we're back to suspecting a form of time manipulation. I thought it was weird Chris Potter would be lying or confused.
    I'd also like to see, as I enjoy the theories as well.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Okay I'll post...

Please just take this lightly, because it's a lot for a 30 min ep (though I think it'll be longer)...

Despite Deathbit, there are two other things that can happen, a Prime Sentinel or resurrection/mind control under Sinister (diamond forehead). It’s cannon that both Apocalypse and Sinister have resurrected mutants in the past.

The most important thing I keep going back to is Xavier’s vision in Ep 6. There’s something ominous about Gambit in this scene, like he’s about to do something of a cataclysmic scale. He turns into a Sentinel (foreshadowing a Prime Sentinel) Is he Sinister’s secret weapon? We saw the globe lit up in pink. We saw how powerful he could be against the Wild Sentinel. Is he going to kinetically charge something of a large scale? "You light up everything you touch"

Beau says on 2 occasions that it is “key” for Gambit to die not knowing that Rogue chose him at the gala. From Rogue’s perspective, it could be the thing that’s eating her up the most, the guilt, hence the reason why she betrayed Xavier and her family…or, from Gambit’s perspective, if resurrected, it’d be the catalyst to vent out his amplified anger, with no love, he’d be dead inside. Rogue’s the one that can cut through Gambit’s trance. I’d assume there would be a fight scene between the two at some point.

Now with this hint of a time-loop that Beau was referring to from that Star Trek ep, the loop could take place before the Genosha attack. Cable is can’t stop it, and Gambit will still die. But Nate can make small adjustments to change events WITHIN that short timeframe where he starts and where he ends up seeing his mother. For instance, Rogue could be getting dressed up for the gala planning to dance with Magneto, but what if there’s a subtle change? This time she notices the 'Queen of Hearts' card on her table reminding her of Remy, triggering her to rethink her choice. ‘Queen of Hearts’ has been a prominent motif this season, they even showed it in the final trailer. What if she dances with Remy instead of Erik? All of a sudden Gambit died knowing that he loved her. It then changes the perspective of Remy’s mindset in the present, he has his memory altered, all of a sudden he can cut through mind control whilst fighting Rogue, letting his guard down. “Breaking the spell” so to speak. “Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance” a "dance" can also refer to a fight...

As for Rogue, at the beginning of the ep she might be the one to put Magneto into a coma after what he did to Wolverine, I know Mags can protect himself from Rogue’s powers, but he’s in a weakened state or she catches him by surprise, putting a poetic end to their storyline that’s been built all season. Either that or Xavier mind wipes him again.

We know for a fact that Lenore has pretty much told us that Rogue’s goal is to avenge Remy (and she will do that). She’s after Bastion, she’s absorbed info from Gyrich which may contain vital info. So her “real journey begins” (Lenore’s words). It may also be her redemption for betraying the X-Men, saving Gambit for starters, and saving him from doing something horrible with his enhanced powers. “Rogue always comes to Gambit’s rescue”

Nightcrawler: “Love is best measured in what we forgive” foreshadowing her betrayal and her redemption.

This might carry over to season 2, we'll see. But the pacing for this show is quick, it can be covered in 8-10 mins of air time. Look at 'Fatal Attractions' and 'Inferno'.

Okay I'll post...

Please just take this lightly, because it's a lot for a 30 min ep (though I think it'll be longer)...

Despite Deathbit, there are two other things that can happen, a Prime Sentinel or resurrection/mind control under Sinister (diamond forehead). It’s cannon that both Apocalypse and Sinister have resurrected mutants in the past.

The most important thing I keep going back to is Xavier’s vision in Ep 6. There’s something ominous about Gambit in this scene, like he’s about to do something of a cataclysmic scale. He turns into a Sentinel (foreshadowing a Prime Sentinel) Is he Sinister’s secret weapon? We saw the globe lit up in pink. We saw how powerful he could be against the Wild Sentinel. Is he going to kinetically charge something of a large scale? "You light up everything you touch"

Beau says on 2 occasions that it is “key” for Gambit to die not knowing that Rogue chose him at the gala. From Rogue’s perspective, it could be the thing that’s eating her up the most, the guilt, hence the reason why she betrayed Xavier and her family…or, from Gambit’s perspective, if resurrected, it’d be the catalyst to vent out his amplified anger, with no love, he’d be dead inside. Rogue’s the one that can cut through Gambit’s trance. I’d assume there would be a fight scene between the two at some point.

Now with this hint of a time-loop that Beau was referring to from that Star Trek ep, the loop could take place before the Genosha attack. Cable is can’t stop it, and Gambit will still die. But Nate can make small adjustments to change events WITHIN that short timeframe where he starts and where he ends up seeing his mother. For instance, Rogue could be getting dressed up for the gala planning to dance with Magneto, but what if there’s a subtle change? This time she notices the 'Queen of Hearts' card on her table reminding her of Remy, triggering her to rethink her choice. ‘Queen of Hearts’ has been a prominent motif this season, they even showed it in the final trailer. What if she dances with Remy instead of Erik? All of a sudden Gambit died knowing that he loved her. It then changes the perspective of Remy’s mindset in the present, he has his memory altered, all of a sudden he can cut through mind control whilst fighting Rogue, letting his guard down. “Breaking the spell” so to speak. “Any worthwhile man would gladly suffer your hand in a dance” a "dance" can also refer to a fight...

As for Rogue, at the beginning of the ep she might be the one to put Magneto into a coma after what he did to Wolverine, I know Mags can protect himself from Rogue’s powers, but he’s in a weakened state or she catches him by surprise, putting a poetic end to their storyline that’s been built all season. Either that or Xavier mind wipes him again.

We know for a fact that Lenore has pretty much told us that Rogue’s goal is to avenge Remy (and she will do that). She’s after Bastion, she’s absorbed info from Gyrich which may contain vital info. So her “real journey begins” (Lenore’s words). It may also be her redemption for betraying the X-Men, saving Gambit for starters, and saving him from doing something horrible with his enhanced powers. “Rogue always comes to Gambit’s rescue”

Nightcrawler: “Love is best measured in what we forgive” foreshadowing her betrayal and her redemption.

This might carry over to season 2, we'll see. But the pacing for this show is quick, it can be covered in 8-10 mins of air time. Look at 'Fatal Attractions' and 'Inferno'.
    I love it. Maybe it even can happen.

I still think that Gambit and Rogue will get their dance on Genosha next episode so I think you are on right dirrection.

She can't save him and he still will die killing some Godzilla Sentinel but Deathbit will remeber love instead of feeling abandoned.

Epic theory, bro, epic.
    Now I understand why you was afraid to share it. Too good to be true?
    But at the same time noone would believe that before is started that X-Men 97 would force even haters to like Gambit so will see
    Last edited by Purplevit; 05-09-2024 at 09:19 AM.