Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1420

Sigh… here we go again. spoilers:
    I liked the art on Rogue but not on Gambit. It looked messy in places that made it harder to follow. I think the conversation between Rogue and Irene was a couple rewrites away from being good. It had some moments but it was bogged down in parts that needed to be clearer and sharper. Like the whole embarrassing part. It felt like it was going somewhere more that Rogue isn’t good at handling how unembaressed he is with loving her, that this was her admitting that she isn’t mature enough yet in herself. But then we get that awful banana joke. It was just awful and not even fitting to Rogue. Even a decent love song is in its very nature embarrassing if you don’t buy into it wholly. So it could easily been much better executed. Now it’s just going for the lowest denominator. Deadpool indeed.

The surprise thing was sort of sweet and clearly what the whole conversation was built from. Just as usual with these built in reverse conversations we need a solid middle and start and we didn’t get that. We got some shoddy patchwork instead that bogged it down.

It could have been much worse. As it stands Irene was less rude here than when written by Duggan or Phillips. Rogue made some halfhearted attempts to stand up to her. Remy was inconsequential for the story. He just gave her the rings and more or less his part was for some quick action scenes.

Rogue and her relationship to Destiny is weird and clearly broken. Toxic even. She just treats Rogue like crap and Rogue seems always to walk the tightrope, afraid to push back to much and lose her. It’s not healthy. Makes her relationship with Raven seem almost wholesome.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    The "embarrassing" comments the banana song were unnecessary, it's consistent with the way Howard, Duggan and Phillips view Remy. But this wasn't quite as bad, I thought Rogue's card tricks were cute and her describing her wedding day was sweet.

Truth be told, after X-Men '97, it was actually refreshing to see both Rogue and Gambit smile and genuinely be happy around each other. So I'll take it.
    end of spoilers

Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't bother buying it.

spoilers:
    I can't stand any story where Gambit is being mocked because the writer doesn't like him/understand him.
    end of spoilers

Is there anything to look forward to in the next couple of months? August is so far away (and I can't keep watching episode 1 of '97, lol).
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; Yesterday at 02:32 PM.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Sigh… here we go again. spoilers:
    I liked the art on Rogue but not on Gambit. It looked messy in places that made it harder to follow. I think the conversation between Rogue and Irene was a couple rewrites away from being good. It had some moments but it was bogged down in parts that needed to be clearer and sharper. Like the whole embarrassing part. It felt like it was going somewhere more that Rogue isn’t good at handling how unembaressed he is with loving her, that this was her admitting that she isn’t mature enough yet in herself. But then we get that awful banana joke. It was just awful and not even fitting to Rogue. Even a decent love song is in its very nature embarrassing if you don’t buy into it wholly. So it could easily been much better executed. Now it’s just going for the lowest denominator. Deadpool indeed.

The surprise thing was sort of sweet and clearly what the whole conversation was built from. Just as usual with these built in reverse conversations we need a solid middle and start and we didn’t get that. We got some shoddy patchwork instead that bogged it down.

It could have been much worse. As it stands Irene was less rude here than when written by Duggan or Phillips. Rogue made some halfhearted attempts to stand up to her. Remy was inconsequential for the story. He just gave her the rings and more or less his part was for some quick action scenes.

Rogue and her relationship to Destiny is weird and clearly broken. Toxic even. She just treats Rogue like crap and Rogue seems always to walk the tightrope, afraid to push back to much and lose her. It’s not healthy. Makes her relationship with Raven seem almost wholesome.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I read it again tonight, and I agree with you. It had potential, but it needed another draft, and an editor to say "no" to certain choices.

There are positives to it. Rogue does seem to be happy and unambiguously in love with Gambit, and vice versa. Their banter at the start of the chapter is cute, though I'd have liked Remy to push back more when Rogue tells him to show her mothers the responsible man she married. He's self-deprecating, but, really, why would he want to impress either Mystique or Destiny? Even a "Why? So Raven can try to sleep with me again?" or "I showed her that when I turned her down" would have been better. Gambit should have more edge.

I enjoyed her little speech about their wedding day, and how thrilled she was about it all. And I enjoyed Destiny stating that they were a "when" and not a "if," especially after reliving Rogneto.

With that said, I do find it hard to get past Rogue making fun of Gambit with Destiny, and I think it's the context. If she were talking with Storm, it would be fine (mostly, outside the Anna-banana song which should have been nixed)! They both know and love Gambit in their different ways, and the light roasting would have come off very differently. But Destiny has been horrific to Gambit, and so it feels like Rogue is throwing him under the bus to make her mom happy. I don't think that was the author's intent, I think it was meant to come across as silly and funny in a "oh, husbands" sitcom humor way, but that intent didn't translate on the page.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Well, I'm certainly glad I didn't bother buying it.

spoilers:
    I can't stand any story where Gambit is being mocked because the writer doesn't like him/understand him.
    end of spoilers

Is there anything to look forward to in the next couple of months? August is so far away (and I can't keep watching episode 1 of '97, lol).
    Rogue and Gambit Week is almost here: June 16-23! I know it's a fan event and not official, but it should be lots of fun.

Simone also has a story in X-Men #35. I know absolutely no details about it, and it may have neither Rogue nor Gambit, but that's out in a week.

Claremont has a story with Rogue, Nightcrawler and their mothers in the same issue.

Also, we/Rogue have this going for us eventually:

ohmygailsimone.jpg
    Last edited by DearMachine; Yesterday at 06:07 PM.

[insert something witty] PeachFlavoredXanax's Avatar

spoilers:
    I didn’t hate the “he tried to write a song about me and rhymed banana” bit, thought it was really cute. Like it’s fun to annoy you partner in the morning with stupid jingles, didn’t take it seriously as in that he was trying to actively write her a song. Just doing a little “Oh Anna, you came and you stole my banana. I was gonna eat that this Mondaaay” vibes to the tune of ‘Oh Mandy’ thing.
    end of spoilers

Also, I love Gail. She just tweeted this a couple hours ago:

Okay. I just realized I have Gambit nudes in two consecutive issues in non-related incidents.

#CropTopShmopTop
    Last edited by PeachFlavoredXanax; Yesterday at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    spoilers:
    I read it again tonight, and I agree with you. It had potential, but it needed another draft, and an editor to say "no" to certain choices.

There are positives to it. Rogue does seem to be happy and unambiguously in love with Gambit, and vice versa. Their banter at the start of the chapter is cute, though I'd have liked Remy to push back more when Rogue tells him to show her mothers the responsible man she married. He's self-deprecating, but, really, why would he want to impress either Mystique or Destiny? Even a "Why? So Raven can try to sleep with me again?" or "I showed her that when I turned her down" would have been better. Gambit should have more edge.

I enjoyed her little speech about their wedding day, and how thrilled she was about it all. And I enjoyed Destiny stating that they were a "when" and not a "if," especially after reliving Rogneto.

With that said, I do find it hard to get past Rogue making fun of Gambit with Destiny, and I think it's the context. If she were talking with Storm, it would be fine (mostly, outside the Anna-banana song which should have been nixed)! They both know and love Gambit in their different ways, and the light roasting would have come off very differently. But Destiny has been horrific to Gambit, and so it feels like Rogue is throwing him under the bus to make her mom happy. I don't think that was the author's intent, I think it was meant to come across as silly and funny in a "oh, husbands" sitcom humor way, but that intent didn't translate on the page.
    end of spoilers

Rogue and Gambit Week is almost here: June 16-23! I know it's a fan event and not official, but it should be lots of fun.

Simone also has a story in X-Men #35. I know absolutely no details about it, and it may have neither Rogue nor Gambit, but that's out in a week.

Claremont has a story with Rogue, Nightcrawler and their mothers in the same issue.

Also, we/Rogue have this going for us eventually:

ohmygailsimone.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    spoilers:
    I didn’t hate the “he tried to write a song about me and rhymed banana” bit, thought it was really cute. Like it’s fun to annoy you partner in the morning with stupid jingles, didn’t take it seriously as in that he was trying to actively write her a song. Just doing a little “Oh Anna, you came and you stole my banana. I was gonna eat that this Mondaaay” vibes to the tune of ‘Oh Mandy’ thing.
    end of spoilers

Also, I love Gail. She just tweeted this a couple hours ago:

Okay. I just realized I have Gambit nudes in two consecutive issues in non-related incidents.

#CropTopShmopTop
    Gail just might be the hero we need! If there's anything consistently Remy, it's that he's unnecessarily shirtless more often than one would think. LOL And I am here for it! Why is August so far away?!?!

Yeah I saw some panels from the wedding special and it felt so uneven in tone and the dialogue was messy and often not fitting ... kind all over the place tbh. Who wrote this? I'm so over the "sitcom couple" trope they keep using with Remy treated as the tottering child-like husband in need of parental-like oversight from his wife Rogue. Bleh. Glad I didn't hustle down to the comic shop for this.

And yes, don't forget Rogue & Gambit week!!! Seriously though, 97 has the fanfic writers particularly inspired right now. There's a LOT to read and it's all free. And better than this wedding comic dialogue at least.

Also the Fanzine should be shipping out within a few weeks!

Rogue would never say “bro” unironically. That felt…wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Gail just might be the hero we need! If there's anything consistently Remy, it's that he's unnecessarily shirtless more often than one would think. LOL And I am here for it! Why is August so far away?!?!

Yeah I saw some panels from the wedding special and it felt so uneven in tone and the dialogue was messy and often not fitting ... kind all over the place tbh. Who wrote this? I'm so over the "sitcom couple" trope they keep using with Remy treated as the tottering child-like husband in need of parental-like oversight from his wife Rogue. Bleh. Glad I didn't hustle down to the comic shop for this.

And yes, don't forget Rogue & Gambit week!!! Seriously though, 97 has the fanfic writers particularly inspired right now. There's a LOT to read and it's all free. And better than this wedding comic dialogue at least.

Also the Fanzine should be shipping out within a few weeks!
    Yeah no rush to get this issue. I am with Malachi on this. The scene needed work. So tired of writers treating Gambit like this. spoilers:
    at least he was capable of fighting and Rogue did seem to genuinely love him even though you would be forgiven for thinking differently based off some of what she said. I mean "Remy's beady little ruby eyes"! Come on! Not the greatest overall issue either.
    end of spoilers

Anyway yay about the fanzine shipping soon! I have been looking forward to it!

Oh my. Need I remind everyone that Marquez is drawing Gail's Uncanny book? Marquez to Clay Mann, "Challenge accepted." LMAO.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    Oh my. Need I remind everyone that Marquez is drawing Gail's Uncanny book? Marquez to Clay Mann, "Challenge accepted." LMAO.
    And in the Rogue thread there is speculation Micheal YG might be the rotating artist. It’s been ages since I have felt spoiled like this. I am prepared to reread pages multiple times just because the art is stunning. Drool worthy even.