Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,355 of 1355

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Despite the things that frustrated me about 97, I DO fully appreciate how much respect they put on Gambit's name on this show. Seeing him in action with this more anime aesthetic is truly a thing of beauty and conveys the way he was written in the comics perfectly. The speed, the agility, the precision, and the almost nonchalant way he pulls it off ... this has made Remy immensely more cool than probably any medium he's been portrayed in. I love that they had that Spike Spiegel comparison, too. They're so crazy similar as characters. "Bang, you dead." Would have been a crazy good finishing line too. Though I do agree the one they chose was a better fit being referential to XTAS rather than comics.
    OMG! Both are truly Iconic (IMHO):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    OMG! Both are truly Iconic (IMHO):

I would have liked that comic one because it really is so iconic. Maybe we can see him use that when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I would have liked that comic one because it really is so iconic. Maybe we can see him use that when he returns.
    Sounds like a good idea, maybe have Remy & Logan get into some sort of brutal altercation.
    Then at the end, Remy utters his iconic line (the one from the comics, of course... ):

Last edited by K7P5V; Today at 04:24 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by PeachFlavoredXanax View Post
    Interesting short interview with Jake Castorena discussing how they were trying to figure out exactly how to kill off Gambit in X-Men 97 and had multiple version. The first was letting Gambit punch out being cool a la Spike Spiegel’s “bang.” The 2nd was more romantically tragic, Nightcrawler bamfs down to Rogue who is holding & stroking Gambit’s charred corpse going “it’s fine, he’s gonna light up again!” The third version is the one we got, a mix of the first two.

https://youtu.be/NgYHm-XkYNk?si=VAE8AvDVTSE2kHDh

Castorena speaks with a lot of love for Gambit and also has a bust & a figurine of him in the background bookshelf during this interview you can spy.
    Rogue: "It's alright Kurt, he'll light up again soon, you'll see!"

Oof! that line would've been heart-wrenching if they went through with that. It obviously linked with "you light up everything you touch".

But I think "Sugah, I can't feel you" resonated with many.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparta View Post
    Rogue: "It's alright Kurt, he'll light up again soon, you'll see!"

I would love Lenore talk this sentence, but I think it's less emotional than final version did for the all audiences

But for Romy fans would be amazing!